The Qudelix-5K thread
May 3, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #376 of 4,753
I don't know what to think anymore. I find this product appealing, but tbth, I'm totally loving my ES100. I gave my original one to my son to use with his Moondrop KXXS. I bought a second ES100 for myself which was lost by the post office and mysteriously showed up later, after I was refunded my money. A third is still sitting in it's original packaging, never even opened. All were purchased on Amazon in late November/ early December of 2019. The one I've been using has worked flawlessly for 5 months now, and I'm no longer even sure why I'm interested in the QDELIX. The ES100 just sounds so great (I'm listening right now to a $1000+ set of iems, but it sounds just as good with my $50 KZ ZS10 PRO). I get 3, 4 hour listening sessions from it, before I need to recharge it (so like 12 hours of listening). I'm happy with that. Sorry, I know I'm getting old...but can someone please remind me why this is better?!
It has a better dac compared to the es 100 a cleaner amp and a parametic eq

May 3, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #377 of 4,753

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200503-134243_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200503-134243_Chrome.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #378 of 4,753
I don't know what to think anymore. I find this product appealing, but tbth, I'm totally loving my ES100. I gave my original one to my son to use with his Moondrop KXXS. I bought a second ES100 for myself which was lost by the post office and mysteriously showed up later, after I was refunded my money. A third is still sitting in it's original packaging, never even opened. All were purchased on Amazon in late November/ early December of 2019. The one I've been using has worked flawlessly for 5 months now, and I'm no longer even sure why I'm interested in the QDELIX. The ES100 just sounds so great (I'm listening right now to a $1000+ set of iems, but it sounds just as good with my $50 KZ ZS10 PRO). I get 3, 4 hour listening sessions from it, before I need to recharge it (so like 12 hours of listening). I'm happy with that. Sorry, I know I'm getting old...but can someone please remind me why this is better?!

haven't tested yet so nobody can say better for sure yet. supposedly, made by the same guy who designed es100 so a lot of the hype is there. it looks like it should have better battery life. probably sound signature will be different. for me personally, i like the es100 so much that if i like the qudelix i will have 2 devices i can choose for battery or sound. or one be the backup for the other. i highly doubt for most people that the qudelix will be so game changing thye forget the es100.

May 3, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #380 of 4,753
You don't know that. You will only know when an actual unit is tested. The proof is in the pudding, not in the recipe book.

This May very well be true as we all hear it all differently but chances are the designer is not going to make a lesser unit. I’ve often thought the old company who is still selling the ES100 under the MkII header is just trying to keep selling those or closing them out. Even if the MkII is the same unit the ES100 is a great piece and I’m willing to bet the Q5 Is going to be a big upgrade all the way around. Matter a fact I bought a big bag of Nilla Wafers for when mine arrives!

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #381 of 4,753
Better software, EQ over LDAC, better-performing antenna system, aptX adaptive, improved implementation of a better DAC/amp section as @Cevisi said...
Audio-wise the ES100 is ok but there is a vast margin of improvement.

May 3, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #382 of 4,753
You don't know that. You will only know when an actual unit is tested. The proof is in the pudding, not in the recipe book.

...and you only get to taste the pudding if you are willing to wait in the line for the chef to cook it up. Complaint about how long the line is won't actually make the chef cooks any faster, especially since the delivery truck hasn't delivered all the ingredient yet. You have two options: (1) get in line and wait patiently as others or (2) get something else to eat. You are not obligated to ear here.

May 3, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #383 of 4,753
Better software, EQ over LDAC, better-performing antenna system, aptX adaptive, improved implementation of a better DAC/amp section as @Cevisi said...
Audio-wise the ES100 is ok but there is a vast margin of improvement.
IMO, I call these as our expectation and really hope they won't be "expectation illusion". Only can prove until we receive and test the unit.
I agree that we likely will see some bugs in the early production. Having seen how the company very open and update us, I have confidence it will turn to a good product.
Really hope I am right. I am keen to buy one as well.
Cheers.

May 3, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #384 of 4,753
...and you only get to taste the pudding if you are willing to wait in the line for the chef to cook it up.

Or, you can whip yourself up into a merengue while you wait and eat that, and then get angry at the chef for already being full when the pudding finally arrives, and then you just sit there and sadly stare at the pudding after you realize you can't eat it because now you're a merengue, and whenever you try to pick up your spoon to eat it you remember you ate your hands while you were waiting, but that it doesn't really matter that you ate your hands since you're a merengue your hands probably aren't dense enough to support a spoon, and that if you did eat the pudding it would go straight to your feet and you wouldn't be able to enjoy it anyway.

May 3, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #385 of 4,753
...and you only get to taste the pudding if you are willing to wait in the line for the chef to cook it up. Complaint about how long the line is won't actually make the chef cooks any faster, especially since the delivery truck hasn't delivered all the ingredient yet. You have two options: (1) get in line and wait patiently as others or (2) get something else to eat. You are not obligated to ear here.
You are changing the subject.
The other guy is proclaiming that a nonexistent product is superior, I call him to task for it, and you tell me I am not obligated to buy the product. Yeah, ok. Good logical progression there...

May 3, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #386 of 4,753

The other guy is proclaiming that a nonexistent product is superior, I call him to task for it, and you tell me I am not obligated to buy the product. Yeah, ok. Good logical progression there...

I am just questioning your motive on being in this thread, giving your very obvious negative tone about both the waiting and then the possible quality of the product. Generally it is an indication of trolling, or do you have any other explanation that can enlighten us?

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #387 of 4,753

Come on, you know you already want one or you would not be in here and recognizing the subject was being changed. At first I thought you were applying logic but then I realized you can read and all everyone has been saying (and showing in specs/materials) is that the designer of an already great product is about to upgrade/improve everything about the original. Of course there are those who are going to say Red if everyone else is saying blue! LOL

May 3, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #388 of 4,753
Actually the proof is in the the cook and the ingredients. And the ingredients are better and the cook is the same

May 3, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #389 of 4,753
In the end those who bash or praise a product before it shows up are at risk of being made to look foolish. Let’s just say we’ll know when we know. I for one will be looking forward to the 5K... but won’t be the first to order it :)

May 3, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #390 of 4,753
Yes. Except for the fact the Fiio has now been available for months and it does nearly everything in real practice what the Qudelix manages to do, so far, only on paper and on the 25 pages of this thread.

I'm sorry but I think you'll need to do a reality check.

Estimated launch for the 5k has been end of first quarter/beginning of second quarter for quite some time now. When you personally heard about it is actually irrelevant. Given what has happened to the world the last couple of months (you've noticed it, right?) it's really not much to bitch about imo.

If you've don't have patience to wait there's several alternatives that will get you the same functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back