The Qudelix-5K thread
May 15, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #422 of 4,749
i could probably do what i want with custom shorter cables. i wish i had the time to dig into making my own. does somebody sell kits? i know how to solder.

with the economy the way it is I am spending my monopoly bux on much higher priority things. when i do use my iems i am usually chilling anyways so the extra length aint driving me crazy. considering what i am seeing with the economy, the money printing and other nonsense i aint getting my hopes up too high for the qudelix guys. time might run out for the dollar before mass production.

May 23, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #423 of 4,749
May 23, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #425 of 4,749
The issue they're facing with qc in China is definitely real and one that many companies will face this year. I've worked four years in the furniture business and we bought a lot from China. Even though we have our own office and qc in Shanghai we still had to go there and check the master samples several times a year (it's expensive to send big items from China just for sample, especially now). We also had qc in China checking every shipment, due to Covid19 both these safety measures have been impossible to perform for several months now....

May 23, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #429 of 4,749
Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #430 of 4,749
Good news. In a week we will be able to order it.

Can it be used as a DAC? I mean connecting a transport player (like a smart phone) to Qudelix K5 via USB type C and then K5 to IEMs.

Yes it does. From the specs on https://www.qudelix.com/
High-Resolution USB DAC 96KHz / 24-bit
It's better than ES100, Shanling UP4 - in terms of bit rate & sampling rate (not actual sound quality) but slightly worse than Fiio BTR5. But to be frank, 24/96 is enough for me.

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #432 of 4,749
there we go again. people reviewing stuff they don't even have. ruins your credibility before you even have any.

I think he really just comparing sampling rate, not the actual SQ.

May 24, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #433 of 4,749
Did they remove APTX LL? I think it was listed on the main page (not in specifications), guess that chip doesn't support it. It wouldn't be a problem if there were any APTX Adaptive USB adapters around tho.... Damn Qualcomm.

May 24, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #434 of 4,749
there we go again. people reviewing stuff they don't even have. ruins your credibility before you even have any.
Yeah as ClieOS said, I'm just comparing the specs listed on the products' sites - not about the SQ. It took me a while for looking them up too, so I thought it may be easier to write them down here for the one who needs. And I'm sorry if it's misinterpreting to you, I'll edit the post :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back