The Qudelix-5K thread
Jun 4, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #496 of 4,753
As far as i know there aren't even working preview/review samples. So i guess no.
And qudelix isn't a real fan of measuring if i read this thread Well. They are more of ''hearing is believing''
https://www.qudelix.com/pages/forum?p=post/asr-measurements-10545281
Well, if the measurements is good, why not send it to ASR? It will prob give a nice sales boost if the product measures well( as it should). Sounds a little strange to me, so im not buying before i see a really good review with measurements!

Jun 4, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #497 of 4,753
Well, if the measurements is good, why not send it to ASR? It will prob give a nice sales boost if the product measures well( as it should). Sounds a little strange to me, so im not buying before i see a really good review with measurements!
While probably true, my guess - unfounded - is that they have a pretty significant pent up demand simply from es100 fans and their word of mouth and like most small companies they may be limited on the supply / manufacturing side... ASR measurement would be great, but not necessarily going to drive too much incremental revenue... but maybe!

Jun 4, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #499 of 4,753
I'm also verry curious to hear this thing because i own a btr5 and it's frankly thé same device, but from another seller. So just to hear what is possible if somebody Else is behind thé dials is making me wishing we where already 3-4 weeks further. Time Will Tell if it's a real sportscar (let's say new Honda NSX) or a new supercar(let's say a new Lamborghini ) of just a freaky funny hot hatch( Ford focus RS? ) and to see where my beloved btr5 ends up .... Because now my btr5 is thé best portable device i own and use.

Having used one of the same chip (out of many other different chips used) is probably not going to result in a "same device" situation. There are much more to a BT adapter than just a DAC/amp chip. Otherwise Shanling UP4 will be the 'same device' as BTR5, which it is not as I have verified it by both my ears and my measurement gears,

Some companies do have policy that they will not send out sample, and it shouldn't be counted against them. It isn't costing an arm and a leg so Amirm (or any one from ASR) can certainly afford to get one if it is of interest of any of them. In fact, many here in the forum are capable of doing decent measurement as well - might not be as accurate as an AP, but good enough to tell a good BT adapter from a bad one. I know I/ll probably do some measurement myself, as I did will most of my gears.

Jun 4, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #500 of 4,753
Having used one of the same chip (out of many other different chips used) is probably not going to result in a "same device" situation. There are much more to a BT adapter than just a DAC/amp chip. Otherwise Shanling UP4 will be the 'same device' as BTR5, which it is not as I have verified it by both my ears and my measurement gears,

Some companies do have policy that they will not send out sample, and it shouldn't be counted against them. It isn't costing an arm and a leg so Amirm (or any one from ASR) can certainly afford to get one if it is of interest of any of them. In fact, many here in the forum are capable of doing decent measurement as well - might not be as accurate as an AP, but good enough to tell a good BT adapter from a bad one. I know I/ll probably do some measurement myself, as I did will most of my gears.
Always the apologist. That is not what Qudelix said in the reply on their blog. They did not say it is policy. They said they wanted to build a following based on subjective (and we know how unreliable and probe to hype those can be) opinions. It should be standard for all companies to test and provide the test results. What's worse, you are suggesting now that the burden of showing test results in on ASR and buyers. Disgraceful showing there.

Jun 4, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #501 of 4,753
Always the apologist. That is not what Qudelix said in the reply on their blog. They did not say it is policy. They said they wanted to build a following based on subjective (and we know how unreliable and probe to hype those can be) opinions. It should be standard for all companies to test and provide the test results. What's worse, you are suggesting now that the burden of showing test results in on ASR and buyers. Disgraceful showing there.

I am not against companies that are willing to publish AP measurement result, but the truth is not many do - and do that ever stop anyone on Head-fi or elsewhere from publishing measurement, be it good or bad? Not really. Shanling never publish any measurement as well - and I called them out on UP4's bad measurement and they responded with a firmware fix. ASR did the same on Schiit, which seems to have an positive influence on their subsequent products. Companies that are not willing to publish their measurement run the risk of being call-out and humiliated by others that will damage their reputation. BUT companies that do publish measurement can also cheat - when Light Harmonic first published their Geek measurement (against a few of their competitors), they rigged the test so their number looked better than the others. It was later found out, but LH never did apologize for their action. So what do we learned? Companies publishing measurement is great and should be encouraged, but it shouldn't be treated as an absolute fact. The great thing about ASR and other who are willing to carry out independent measurement is that they keep companies honest, but it doesn't in anyway means companies that do not publish measurement must be dishonest. It will be truly disgraceful to think otherwise.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #504 of 4,753
Crap. From the forum post this may not be the best performance. Oh well. If it’s a step up from the ES100 with true 10 band parametric eq in that form factor, it’s absolutely worth the price of admission.

Jun 6, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #507 of 4,753
Also pre-ordered. Can’t wait to play around with PEQ and the ghost ground mode. Any recommendations for good adaptors? 2.5 to 3.5?

Jun 6, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #509 of 4,753
Also pre-ordered. Can’t wait to play around with PEQ and the ghost ground mode. Any recommendations for good adaptors? 2.5 to 3.5?

You can't adapt 2.5 female to 3.5 male, that would damage your equipment.

Edited for Clarification.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back