The Qudelix-5K thread
Dec 11, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #211 of 4,753
It will still be interesting, as other Bluetooth receivers using the Qualcomm chip goes up to 48Khz and is a USB Audio 1 device. I'm assuming this will also be a USB Audio 1 device given the bitrate is just up to 96khz. Maybe Qualcomm upped the supported sample rates in these new QCC series chips.

Dec 11, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #212 of 4,753
Haha, my wife was psycho like that. She’d send a very low priority non-emergency text (like “don’t forget to pick up milk on your way home after work”). Then 1 minute later she would follow up the text with a phone call asking me if I got the text.

And if I happened to have missed the text as well as the follow up call regarding the text (because I was say, in a business meeting), she’d phone the receptionist at my work and ask to have me paged over the ceiling intercom system. I’d excuse myself from the meeting and call her back, expecting to find out about some urgent emergency (such as the house is on fire, aliens just blew up the moon, or your dad just had a heart attack and is being rushed to the hospital). Instead, she’d ask if I had gotten the text message she sent earlier.

Geesh
In around 2000, when I was still married; she decided it would be a good idea for each of us to get a cellphone. This was before texting was a thing, so she bought 2 off The Shopping Channel. Said it was good to have, because I worked on the road all day, and good for emergency purposes. They were prepaid card phones, so I had to buy them and load them. Very expensive. And 20 minutes after I left home, my phone was ringing and I got..."Hey, whatcha doing? You'll never guess what the foster kids said to me today, before they left for school!" Not exactly what you'd call an emergency. Got that everyday, till I started "forgetting" to buy the cards.

Dec 11, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #213 of 4,753
Apart from battery life what makes this better than BTR5?

Thanks
And its smaller. It has auto connect the btr 5 have to connect manually every single time

Dec 11, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #214 of 4,753
Haha, my wife was psycho like that. She’d send a very low priority non-emergency text (like “don’t forget to pick up milk on your way home after work”). Then 1 minute later she would follow up the text with a phone call asking me if I got the text.

And if I happened to have missed the text as well as the follow up call regarding the text (because I was say, in a business meeting), she’d phone the receptionist at my work and ask to have me paged over the ceiling intercom system. I’d excuse myself from the meeting and call her back, expecting to find out about some urgent emergency (such as the house is on fire, aliens just blew up the moon, or your dad just had a heart attack and is being rushed to the hospital). Instead, she’d ask if I had gotten the text message she sent earlier.

Geesh
In around 2000, when I was still married; she decided it would be a good idea for each of us to get a cellphone. This was before texting was a thing, so she bought 2 off The Shopping Channel. Said it was good to have, because I worked on the road all day, and good for emergency purposes. They were prepaid card phones, so I had to buy them and load them. Very expensive. And 20 minutes after I left home, my phone was ringing and I got..."Hey, whatcha doing? You'll never guess what the foster kids said to me today, before they left for school!" Not exactly what you'd call an emergency. Got that everyday, till I started "forgetting" to buy the cards.

I just watch out for the blue hooks on whatsapp to know if someone read it

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #216 of 4,753
Mine connects automatically.
After pressing the pair button for 3 seconds and wait 5 seconds

On es 100 you just start the device and it conects instant whit the last paired device i think qudelix will be the same

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #217 of 4,753

On es 100 you just start the device and it conects instant whit the last paired device i think qudelix will be the same

I don't have to press any buttons on my BTR5. It just connects automatically after powering it on.

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #218 of 4,753
I don't have to press any buttons on my BTR5. It just connects automatically after powering it on.
Ok then sorry for the miss information just saw on a review that it connects the same way like my 5qs

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #219 of 4,753

My BTR5 connect automatically to the last paired device as well. I don't actually recall any of my BT adapter that will NOT automatically connect to its last paired device. If it doesn't, I assume something is faulty.

...in any case, having almost no update for over 3 weeks on the 5K isn't exactly reassuring.

Dec 12, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #221 of 4,753
  • So DAC function limited to 24/96 while BTR5 does above 24/192 and native DSD for starters.
  • The BTR5 only use one DAC but gives bit more battery life if not wanting balanced (but much less than this).
  • My BTR5 connects automatically to the last paired device as well or whichever device its been connected to before that it sees if last to available.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #222 of 4,753
  • So DAC function limited to 24/96 while BTR5 does above 24/192 and native DSD for starters.
  • The BTR5 only use one DAC but gives bit more battery life if not wanting balanced (but much less than this).
  • My BTR5 connects automatically to the last paired device as well or whichever device its been connected to before that it sees if last to available.

The BTR5 can go up to 32/384Khz due to its use of the XMOS controller. The Qualcomm chips can't go that high.

I don't know how much adding that controller would cost, but it could be a nice addition to the Qudelix if they really want to be serious about having an all-in-one product.

Dec 12, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #223 of 4,753

So once again the main diff is the 24/192 and if one does need this device for DAC (for me I pretty much don't use a DAC for anything other than my Cambridge Transport and FX-10 Jolida Desktop) like myself it's wasted but also a bonus in at Bluetooth device. Now maybe it's also cause my ears are 63 years old I personally can't tell the difference in an awesome recording whether it's in any CODEC because for my ears a great recording is a great recording. With that said I'll even goes as far as to say I can't here a difference in Apple Lossless and native DSD on perfect recoding's/files, I applaud those who have bat hearing but for me if the recording is the shizzle and IMHO it's 99% of what you hear regardless of CODEC:wink: OK, let the darts fly as I know I've just gone at the heart of what this sites all about:rolling_eyes: To me the digital frontier is still dependent on how well something is recorded in the first place, awesome is awesome, mediocre is mediocre and crap is crap no matter what it's played back on:thumbsup:

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #224 of 4,753
:bat::bat::bat::bat:

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #225 of 4,753

I see, does BAT gear count:thinking:

Kaiser Sound.JPG

@moisespr123 The all-in-one is a good idea however that may drive up or double the unit price, smart money would be to make another product to include that controller and the bigger $$$ tag IMO:beerchug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back