The Qudelix-5K thread
Dec 12, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #226 of 4,753
I have actually given up bluetooth. TWS set after set, round the neck thingies, even es100. Just went back to wired iems, earbuds and headphones. Much better. The only ones that ever pleased me were Sony W1000x and AKG K845BT

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #227 of 4,753
I have actually given up bluetooth. TWS set after set, round the neck thingies, even es100. Just went back to wired iems, earbuds and headphones. Much better. The only ones that ever pleased me were Sony W1000x and AKG K845BT

Well I for sure have yet to find any BT iem's that I like or last very long and cut-out is like a knife through your song cut for me, even the ES100 has had loss just from my chest to my phone on my hip before and I've found myself putting it on my belt side by side with my phone so is it really better? Crazy that it has trouble passing signal through ones body:confused: I'm hoping the Qudelix is better because I really like my ES100 and the ability to just gab any pair of iem's (balanced cable or single ended) on my way out the door. My 16 year old seems to be having great luck the the Sabbat 5.0's I got him and said they were much improved over his original pair he lost one bud from but like you TWS is far from perfected IMO.

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #228 of 4,753
Crazy that it has trouble passing signal through ones body

Human body is pretty dense, so it's not that surprising/unusual for low-power bluetooth devices to have trouble with it.

The big advantage for me with bluetooth is that I can have the thing in my pocket and not worry about straining the connectors on my phone. : )

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #229 of 4,753
Human body is pretty dense, so it's not that surprising/unusual for low-power bluetooth devices to have trouble with it.

The big advantage for me with bluetooth is that I can have the thing in my pocket and not worry about straining the connectors on my phone. : )

Exactly and it's probably my mind playing tricks on me but my ears think my iem's sound better thru it:rolling_eyes: Mine always works fine while clipped to the button runs of my shirts but when I wear T-shirts I like to clip it behind my head and that is when I sometimes loose signal:disappointed: Of course the cable option is sweet and Mic works way better than my iPhone Mic:grin:

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #230 of 4,753
Well I for sure have yet to find any BT iem's that I like or last very long and cut-out is like a knife through your song cut for me, even the ES100 has had loss just from my chest to my phone on my hip before and I've found myself putting it on my belt side by side with my phone so is it really better? Crazy that it has trouble passing signal through ones body:confused: I'm hoping the Qudelix is better because I really like my ES100 and the ability to just gab any pair of iem's (balanced cable or single ended) on my way out the door. My 16 year old seems to be having great luck the the Sabbat 5.0's I got him and said they were much improved over his original pair he lost one bud from but like you TWS is far from perfected IMO.

The Lypertek Tevi is pretty darn good imo :wink:

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #231 of 4,753
The Lypertek Tevi is pretty darn good imo :wink:

Good try bud, ping me again when those give up the ghost:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I'm going to give TWS a little bit more time and error before I jump back in the pool:wink: I will admit I checked them out and do love the charging case almost more than the buds:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #232 of 4,753
Give the BTR3 or BTR5 a try. Have been happy with the 3 myself. Probably find it cheaper now that the 5 is out.

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #233 of 4,753
Give the BTR3 or BTR5 a try. Have been happy with the 3 myself. Probably find it cheaper now that the 5 is out.

Well for $60 I guess I could give it a try, I do love my FiiO X3ii and M3:wink: I'm sure it will not deter me from the 5K whenever it does make the streets:rolling_eyes: Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto:grin:

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #234 of 4,753
Well for $60 I guess I could give it a try, I do love my FiiO X3ii and M3:wink: I'm sure it will not deter me from the 5K whenever it does make the streets:rolling_eyes: Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto:grin:
If you're like me and like to recoup the costs of electronics, selling the Fiio will be a lot easier later on. It's known by many. The 5K is extremely niche outside of these types of forums. Any sort of Fiio device you'll sell easily if you live in an urban area through Craigslist for example. I tend to always get back 30% minimum for all of my electronics from eventually selling. Easier to justify buying more than one this way!

Dec 12, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #235 of 4,753

BTR3 wasn't working out for me. I guess SQ was fine but BT range disaster. Had cutouts with phone and btr3 in my pocket.
ES100 is so much better in every way. I will be happy with it until 5K comes out.

Dec 12, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #236 of 4,753
BTR3 wasn't working out for me. I guess SQ was fine but BT range disaster. Had cutouts with phone and btr3 in my pocket.
ES100 is so much better in every way. I will be happy with it until 5K comes out.
Did you do the firmware update for the BTR3?
ES100 battery seemed better at least from what I read. However, build quality the Fiio easily has it beat. ES100 looks like something off a Kickstarter. Fiio has been around for a long time. However, the 5K looks fantastic.

Dec 12, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #238 of 4,753
Dec 13, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #239 of 4,753

Ha ha Tim, it was worth a try :wink:

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #240 of 4,753
If you're like me and like to recoup the costs of electronics, selling the Fiio will be a lot easier later on. It's known by many. The 5K is extremely niche outside of these types of forums. Any sort of Fiio device you'll sell easily if you live in an urban area through Craigslist for example. I tend to always get back 30% minimum for all of my electronics from eventually selling. Easier to justify buying more than one this way!

LOL! Let me know if you see him selling anything :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back