The Post and Math Rock appreciation thread.
Jul 23, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #137 of 493
Thanks for the ASIWYFA recommendation. They're very good and have a distinct sound which is always welcome in the post rock world. The recording quality of their latest album sounds tremendous.

Jul 24, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #139 of 493

Quote:
Just bought a lot of Post Rock from Amazon. Should be here next week.

Evpatoria Report: Golevka + EP (Love this band, if you haven't heard them, please give them a listen. Their full-length is still on backorder, sadly)
Collapse Under the Empire: Find a Place to Be Safe (Another lesser-known band with some great compositions)
Mono: Under the Pipal Tree (Bought this solely because of "Kidnapper's Bell". Amazing piece of music!)
Mono: You Are There (Has a reputation for being their best. Would be hard to beat "Hymn to the Immortal Wind" in my mind, but we'll see)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor: f#a# ∞ (After "Lift Your Skinny Fists..." I had to get everything of their's I could find)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor: Yanqui U.X.O. (Haven't heard a bad track from this album, and "Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls" is just gorgeous)

Great stuff, very rocky.........

Jul 30, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #140 of 493
Tickets have arrived for ASIWYFA, so looking forward to that.

My first true post rock album, bought, still sealed for 10p at a scout jumble sale......

Jul 31, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #141 of 493
I just bought my ticket for Mogwai playing at the O2 Brixton next Feb. 
biggrin.gif

Tickets for their UK tour went on sale this morning. So don't say you weren't warned.

Jul 31, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #142 of 493
Thanks for that, my concert allocation is pretty full, but I'll have a look. EDIT - tickets booked to see them in Edinburgh
atsmile.gif

Laura, intense, brooding, anthemic, atmospheric, right if you are in the right mood....

Aug 5, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #143 of 493
Like Tortoise, Fridge.........

The album is called Happiness.

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #144 of 493
I love their use of deep bass in songs, works really well. They've got some pretty interesting and dense song composition in there too. Pity the follow up wasn't anything special in my opinion.
Quote:
Thanks for that, my concert allocation is pretty full, but I'll have a look. EDIT - tickets booked to see them in Edinburgh
atsmile.gif

Laura, intense, brooding, anthemic, atmospheric, right if you are in the right mood....

Aug 5, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #145 of 493
Superb Fridge album........

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #146 of 493
Aug 8, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #147 of 493
Norwegian band The Low Frequency in Stereo. Melodic post rock.

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #150 of 493
The Octopus Project. Electronic influenced instrumental post rock, or "indietronica". My foot is tapping away merrily to this excellent album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back