The Post and Math Rock appreciation thread.
Aug 22, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #152 of 493
read this whole thread, everything in here i actually own even though i didnt know what "post-rock" meant, but prog rock man you are the only other person ive met thats an Unwed Sailor fan! Faithful Anchor & Marionette and the Music Box are some of my favorite instrumental albums for sure! good onya!

p.s. does Ghastly City Sleep count as "post rock"? what about MeWithoutYou? I think my first introduction to "math rock" was on the hardcore side, Botch and Coalesce bringing in the heavy mathematics

Aug 22, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #153 of 493
I keep a watch on Unwed Sailor touring, in case they ever come to Scotland. I see a few concerts are coming in Germany, but it is too far!!

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #157 of 493
I agree that part of the origins of post rock is with krautrock and the likes of Faust and Popol Vuh as well. As for Shora, I love Malval...

Aug 30, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #159 of 493
Electro-post rock

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #160 of 493
Not sure whether this is post rock or not, but it has many elements.......

Richard Barbieri was the keyboard player with British electro/pop/art rock band Japan in the 1980s and is now with prog/metal band Porcupine Tree. This solo album combines all in a wonderful instrumental wash of noises and rhythms.

Sep 4, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #161 of 493
Norwegian post rock/krautrock band Salvatore

Sep 8, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #162 of 493
Yesterday i got the album "union" by "the boxer rebellion".   they are not known here in israel and there is only one store in all of israel that have this cd.  but i am curious if you guys know them.  
I wouldn't exactly categorize them as post rock and they consider as alternative rock (at least by wikipedia) but they do have some very interesting stuff and they resemble a little of sigur ros...in the fact that they got some "atmospheric" parts in their music.
this is the best album i got in the past year or so and i very recommend you to take a listen.

Sep 14, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #163 of 493
So what Mogwai album should I move onto next? I've only listened to Young Team and The Hawk is Howling. Young Team is easily my favourite, but Hawk is damned great.
Have Mogwai got a "heavy" album?

Sep 14, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #164 of 493
I would say that 'Come On Die Young' is the heaviest Mogwai album. For heavy I would recommend Grails........

Sep 15, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #165 of 493

Quote:
So what Mogwai album should I move onto next? I've only listened to Young Team and The Hawk is Howling. Young Team is easily my favourite, but Hawk is damned great.
Have Mogwai got a "heavy" album?

If you are interested in a "heavy Mogwai" you could also check out Jakob (N.Z.) - I suggest starting with "Solace".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back