The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #151 of 325
Quote:
Anak, can you bring the SR-009? I can bring some stax most likely. Lambda Sig + T1, if you object to running your 009 out of a T1, since I recall you weren't going to bring a stax amp for the one I missed.

I havent tried running my DAC out of my slowly dying laptop in ages, but it shouldn't be too bad, maybe a bit clicky depending on the latency. I'd have to rip my dac out of the rack.

What kind of location is this taking place in? A coffee house? Not my cup of tea 
biggrin.gif

Sorry, unfortunately way too late mate :wink:. I asked a week ago if anyone wanted anything for me to bring. I'm actually here now in Perth and left my SR-009 back in Tokyo.

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #152 of 325
Quote:
Lol! OK  So far just TempName & Room40. If I may suggest 4th Dec then 6:30 p.m.? Room40 can suggest a location near Cott?

I'll bring my TG!334's balanced 000. If someone could please bring the Rx Mk3, and I don't believe anyone has their CLAS(-dB or original), I've got straight iDevice LOD so we could do a bit of a compromised listen. If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to give those Smeggy's TP another listen.

Date/Location: 6:30 p.m. 4th Dec near Cott
Attendees: Room40, TempName, AnakChan
Gear:
[AC] TG!334 SE cable
[AC] 000 Balanced
[AC] VentureCraft Go-DAP X
[AC] V-Moda M-100
[TN] LCD-2
[??] ALO Rx Mk3
[??] Smeggy TP's

I still have everyone's phone numbers so can SMS. And I'm still using the same prepaid #. If you don't know it, please PM me.

I'll bring the Thunder(pants)!, LCD-2's if I can and my TG!334's and DX100. Going to be a pretty heavy backpack.

Quote:
I will bring the RX3B..and my DX100

TN are you ok with Cott or do you want to meet somewhere closer in the city for e.g. 

Cott should be fine, especially if it's close to the train line. I don't mind going for a stroll. :)

In regards to SR-009's, I would love to hear them (even though I'm a little afraid they will ruin everything else for me).

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #154 of 325
Dec 3, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #157 of 325
ok will PM from now on

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #158 of 325
HA! I missed out again. Never mind :) 
Hopefully next time I'm on the 8 ball :wink: 

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #159 of 325
Yeah looks like I missed out on 2 meetings haha...

I am still keen on a meetup for Perth, maybe the next time AnakChan is back here, as I am extremely keen to hear them TG!334 pair - could I please kindly ask anyone to PM me if anyone is organising another meetup?

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #160 of 325
Yeah looks like I missed out on 2 meetings haha...

I am still keen on a meetup for Perth, maybe the next time AnakChan is back here, as I am extremely keen to hear them TG!334 pair - could I please kindly ask anyone to PM me if anyone is organising another meetup?

Bummer! I sold my TG!334 last week! But I believe TemporaryName has one & he's based in Perth. I'm most likely going back for another holiday in March anyway so I'll keep you guys updated :).

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #162 of 325
Time for a bump! I'm heading back to Oz around 21st March -> 8th April. Don't think I'll be bringing so much heavy gear (except something for temporaryname if he's still interested), so more like mini components. Let me know if there's anything of particular interest for me to bring back for you to listen :-

1) VentureCraft Go-DAP DD Socket 1 OPA627 version
2) ALO The International
3) Rhapsodio RDB+ (uncertain which version...right now v2.0 but will be testing v1 later and decide which one to keep and which one to return)
4) FitEar MH335DW (but this is custom so unless your ears fit mine)
5) iRiver AK100 Red Wine modded (aka RWAK100)

Others which I may or may not bring back depending on 
1) iBasso DX100 (temporaryname has one so one could always try his)

2) VentureCraft Go-DAP X LME version
3) RSA SR-71b upgraded (for sale if anyone wants)
4) CLAS -dB (But Room40 already has this so you guys could always try his)
5) MAYBE the Fostex TH-900 but that'll depend on weight

Let me know :-

a) what would be of interest from the above
b) when to meet
c) where to meet

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #163 of 325
Time for a bump! I'm heading back to Oz around 21st March -> 8th April. Don't think I'll be bringing so much heavy gear (except something for temporaryname if he's still interested), so more like mini components. Let me know if there's anything of particular interest for me to bring back for you to listen :-

1) VentureCraft Go-DAP DD Socket 1 OPA627 version
2) ALO The International

3) Rhapsodio RDB+ (uncertain which version...right now v2.0 but will be testing v1 later and decide which one to keep and which one to return)
4) FitEar MH335DW (but this is custom so unless your ears fit mine)
5) iRiver AK100 Red Wine modded (aka RWAK100)

Others which I may or may not bring back depending on 
1) iBasso DX100 (temporaryname has one so one could always try his)

2) VentureCraft Go-DAP X LME version
3) RSA SR-71b upgraded (for sale if anyone wants)
4) CLAS -dB (But Room40 already has this so you guys could always try his)
5) MAYBE the Fostex TH-900 but that'll depend on weight

Let me know :-

a) what would be of interest from the above
b) when to meet
c) where to meet

you guys need a separate thread for a 2013 meet lol or is this a covert minimeet?

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #164 of 325
I'll be in Perth from 18 - 24 March but will be going around with family cos of my graduation.

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #165 of 325
Quote:
you guys need a separate thread for a 2013 meet lol or is this a covert minimeet?

Sadly Perth doesn't seem to have many active Head-Fiers and a new thread would probably last less than 1 page :wink:. The OP himself was last online 2 months ago :wink:

Quote:
I'll be in Perth from 18 - 24 March but will be going around with family cos of my graduation.

Let's try to have a mini meet even if the rest of Perth Head-Fi are busy. I'm around for 3 weeks so I could easily have a couple of meets going on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back