The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #211 of 325
I

I'm up for a meet! Is it on?

I think the challenge is that I have my 1.5 yr old son with me and I can't leave him with the grandparents so I have to take him along. Where we can go with a toddler is the difficulty. Personally I'm up for even a quick cuppa coffee, that kinda thing - have a quick 20-30 min demo would also be great. I'd love to try your XS as mine hasn't arrived.

Sure. When are you in Perth?
Buying a Verza soon, but I don't know about the sound. Go dap is derived from Verza, isn't it?

Apr 7, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #212 of 325
Also anyone in Perth region:
I have a sealed V-Moda LP2 (ribbon intact) that I'm selling. Please pm if interested.

Apr 7, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #213 of 325
I'm heading down to Perth as I'm from there so I still have family living in Perth. Unfortunately the Verza I had is with Currawong & he lives in a different city in Japan.

On a side note Val has shipped me an XS :). Hopefully it arrives before I fly!

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #214 of 325
I'm heading down to Perth as I'm from there so I still have family living in Perth. Unfortunately the Verza I had is with Currawong & he lives in a different city in Japan.

On a side note Val has shipped me an XS :). Hopefully it arrives before I fly!

Lucky, free XS for you :p
I might not be able to make it, depends on the date. If it's next week, idk... We'd all have to plan a date when it fits in. Maybe on a saturday?
If it's this month, I will only have my XS with me. My M100 and LP2 are in California, getting fixed. #firstworldheadphoneproblems.

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #215 of 325
I might not be able to make it, depends on the date. If it's next week, idk... We'd all have to plan a date when it fits in. Maybe on a saturday?
If it's this month, I will only have my XS with me. My M100 and LP2 are in California, getting fixed. #firstworldheadphoneproblems.

Val has been good to me. It's for me to review and I'll probably pass it around to Team Tokyo for them to have a listen & review too. When Val's in town (which has been rare these days) I do like to try to catch up with him for a meal or drink.

So the slightly better news is that my wife decided to come along - i.e. I have a babysitter! Back to open to all to whoever who wants to meet. But she leaves Saturday night 19th. i.e. for those who work, maybe only Saturday morning may be the only time.

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #216 of 325

Val has been good to me. It's for me to review and I'll probably pass it around to Team Tokyo for them to have a listen & review too. When Val's in town (which has been rare these days) I do like to try to catch up with him for a meal or drink.

So the slightly better news is that my wife decided to come along - i.e. I have a babysitter! Back to open to all to whoever who wants to meet. But she leaves Saturday night 19th. i.e. for those who work, maybe only Saturday morning may be the only time.

Val's been good to me as well - but there's a shh factor to what he's done for me.
Please tell Val as well that V-MODA.com doesn't show up on google - I tried and no reply, busy man.

Saturday morning on the 19th? I'm most likely free. I'll RSVP if not free on that day, but it seems saturday 19th it is. What time?

I'm 16 though so I'll be the youngest there xD I want to see what headphones you all bring, match them to my V-Ms. Idk when I should send my M100s in though, I'd like to bring full size headphones to the party instead of feeling inadequate :O

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #217 of 325
Let's check out the response here. I may PM some folks who aren't subscribing to this thread.

Yes I was thinking 19th but will see when others are free too. Open to all ages so 16 is fine.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #218 of 325
19th? Won't be able to make it.
I missed you, again, anakchan.
A wild, elusive anakchan appears!
I'm going down to Esperance. Too bad it seems.
Only time I could make it is either Saturday / Sunday this week or later on evening on Monday - Wednesday. Bit tight schedule.

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #219 of 325
Yes I'm interested in a meet but wouldn't be able to make it on the 19th either... It's Easter weekend and we have a family tradition of going to Denmark for Easter (maybe we can meet there? there's a cool fair.... and its much closer than Esperance! lol). However I should be able to make it almost any time until next Wednesday or so (leaving Thursday). 

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #220 of 325
I'm actually open to meet pretty much anytime since I'm on holidays but I picked the Saturday cos I thought everyone would be working or schooling. Wednesday is good for me too.

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #221 of 325
I'm actually open to meet pretty much anytime since I'm on holidays but I picked the Saturday cos I thought everyone would be working or schooling. Wednesday is good for me too.

I can do either Saturday this week or Saturday next week. Friday the 25th is a public holiday, if you wanted to meet then.

Apr 9, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #223 of 325
Err...as mentioned previously I'll be in Perth 12th -> 22nd and will be tied up 20th -> 22nd (unless I bring my kid along - which mean 0 real head-fi time). This weekend of 12-13th also probably a no-go since I just arrive and probably should spend time with my folks instead of just dumping my luggage and running off. So Wed 16th -> 19th is probably good for me even if we meet up for a cuppa coffee to chit chat, show some portable gear, etc.

Apr 9, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #224 of 325
Err...as mentioned previously I'll be in Perth 12th -> 22nd and will be tied up 20th -> 22nd (unless I bring my kid along - which mean 0 real head-fi time). This weekend of 12-13th also probably a no-go since I just arrive and probably should spend time with my folks instead of just dumping my luggage and running off. So Wed 16th -> 19th is probably good for me even if we meet up for a cuppa coffee to chit chat, show some portable gear, etc.

I can do Wednesday 16th April reeal. early. I can do it 8am-10:30am. I could make it for 11am on Wednesday but I'd only be there for about 45min. If we can't all meet , we could have a 'aftermeet' or 'beforemeet' (since anakchan has a tight schedule)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back