The PENON official thread
May 8, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #13,771 of 13,896
Penon VIP email hasn't landed either

MSRP and VIP private pricing are two VERY different things.

Having to resort to the second to kinda make the price match should be noted as a missed estimation.
Only Penon sells numbers will tell the story but feedbacks in this thread give a strong indication too.

Competition is going up as FIIO FA19 seems to hit high for lower $ and client will just see a public MSRP and established distribution and services.
Elysian is moving with huge name and even the Noir is much cheaper and premium metal conception.

Pricing => make or break.
So difficult to estimate with many factors to deal with.

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #13,772 of 13,896
I understand you all's point, don't get me wrong, I would love for Voltage to cost $500:)

There are many emerging brands doing a great job releasing good price/performance products, but not all of them reach the same level of quality.

I have tried SR8, Aur Ascension and Verdandi, they are all very good, however, none of them reach the refinement of the Penon sound in my point of view, so I am almost sure that their price is very consistent with their performance, especially at their VIP price.

However, I make no profit defending Penon, I have paid for Voltage completely out of pocket and will let you know my impressions when I receive it, I believe Penon has demonstrated a level of performance in their iems and not everyone maintains it equally

May 8, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #13,773 of 13,896
I understand you all's point, don't get me wrong, I would love for Voltage to cost $500:)

There are many emerging brands doing a great job releasing good price/performance products, but not all of them reach the same level of quality.

I have tried SR8, Aur Ascension and Verdandi, they are all very good, however, none of them reach the refinement of the Penon sound in my point of view, so I am almost sure that their price is very consistent with their performance, especially at their VIP price.

However, I make no profit defending Penon, I have paid for Voltage completely out of pocket and will let you know my impressions when I receive it, I believe Penon has demonstrated a level of performance in their iems and not everyone maintains it equally
Is it for sale already? Haven’t seen it on the website yet…

May 8, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #13,775 of 13,896
@jsmiller58

A few days ago I wrote them an email saying that I would like to buy Voltage, they told me that it was not yet available, yesterday they contacted me saying that they had received a very small batch of Voltage but given my interest they offered me to get it at the VIP price and I jumped at it for him :)

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #13,776 of 13,896
Thanks for the feedback, you seems confident on sharing a very positive experience.

At 1k$ range, mind to share a real example of your thinking that is not top notch?
What do you mean exactly??

To the Penon iems or the ones I mentioned from other brands?

Sometimes the translator is not able to convert the phrase so that it is competent for me to understand it :)

May 8, 2024 at 8:16 PM Post #13,778 of 13,896
@BlueA

Maybe I haven't expressed myself well at all, English is not my native language and it may not always be understood well.

I didn't mean that any brand makes bad quality iems, I meant that some few brands, including Penon for my taste, have a special touch or secret sauce that others don't have, and that makes them stand out above the rest.

They all make good iems, it's just that some are closer to excellence than others, that's just it, all the iems that I have mentioned are good in their own right, but I consider that the ones from iem Penon go a step further and have a more special touch, I hope it is better understood :)

May 8, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #13,779 of 13,896
@BlueA

Maybe I haven't expressed myself well at all, English is not my native language and it may not always be understood well.

I didn't mean that any brand makes bad quality iems, I meant that some few brands, including Penon for my taste, have a special touch or secret sauce that others don't have, and that makes them stand out above the rest.

They all make good iems, it's just that some are closer to excellence than others, that's just it, all the iems that I have mentioned are good in their own right, but I consider that the ones from iem Penon go a step further and have a more special touch, I hope it is better understood :)

I'm just happy that we all finally have a legitimate talking point (new headset) to focus our attention.

Threads seem to have sprinklings of unnecessary in-fighting over the smallest things. Reading the threads is my way of decompressing.

"New shinies" are my coping mechanism (with the unfortunate side effect of a deflated wallet)! I need a new addictio... I mean hobby 😎✌️

May 8, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #13,780 of 13,896
@BlueA

Looking forward to your impressions on the Voltage. I'm lookin at the AüR AEhta, that's a Quadbrib. It has my attention, anyone has hear it?

May 9, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #13,781 of 13,896
No VIP mailer yet for Voltage....so everything seems to be conjecture. It seems some have already bought it. As a Penon customer from early times it would be nice to receive a really good VIP offer. It does seem, though, that Penon prices may start to inflate, which is sad for those of us who cannot work due to ill health and being people of age.

May 9, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #13,782 of 13,896
No VIP mailer yet for Voltage....so everything seems to be conjecture. It seems some have already bought it. As a Penon customer from early times it would be nice to receive a really good VIP offer. It does seem, though, that Penon prices may start to inflate, which is sad for those of us who cannot work due to ill health and being people of age.
Did you name IMR…😎

May 9, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #13,783 of 13,896
Did you name IMR…😎
IMR were impossible....but in many ways Bob was very kind and his aftercare was second to none. He just couldn't deliver on schedule and always added massive helpings of BS and lies. Shame because I have many excellent IEMs from him....all with a sprinkling of Drama as seasoning.

May 9, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #13,784 of 13,896
IMR were impossible....but in many ways Bob was very kind and his aftercare was second to none. He just couldn't deliver on schedule and always added massive helpings of BS and lies. Shame because I have many excellent IEMs from him....all with a sprinkling of Drama as seasoning.
You are right. Had no problems with him in the first 4years. But then came the BS with EH. But different story.

May 9, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #13,785 of 13,896
My Quattro cable is defective. I'd get static cutouts from the right side, when moving the IEM to get on or adjust in my ear. I switched to an Eros II cable and now it's all good. I'll have to get a replacement cable from them for if and when I sell the Quattro. The threading that keeps the housing on the cable by the connection point of the 2 pin is plastic and cheap though. I was trying to pull out the cable to switch to my Eros II and they were in so tight the whole housing would come off as I had to pull hard. How is Penon's customer service in this regard?

These do really sound good. They are excellent all rounders for me. The don't have a unusual sound signature or are trying to be unique - they just do everything pretty damn well, just with a smaller soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back