Apr 22, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #13,576 of 13,714
vv2.jpg

Canadian Tour unit arrived.

vo2.jpg

Nice Channel matching.

vo1.jpg

Liking the 0-2 setting with the PB5.

Apr 22, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #13,577 of 13,714
Dsnuts and/or tgx78 - how are you finding the Voltage to be with classical, particularly strings?

I enjoyed the original Volt before letting it go, and am now looking for a nice all-rounder that can handle both classical and the mellower side of EDM.

Apr 22, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #13,579 of 13,714
Been putting the Quattro through their paces the last few hours. Ended up happiest so far with the Orange Liquer tips. With the iFi go blu I do like to use the bass boost with this IEM so far, whereas with my current other rotation I do not. This seems like a solid value at $400 for sure. Will do some A/B later this week. Loving the look of this blue cable too.

Apr 22, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #13,580 of 13,714
That sounds like an oxymoron.

👿 Is that when you wake up in the E.R. or you hear a distant voice shouting CLEAR!!! 👿

It's a relative comparison...maybe I should have said "mellower side of electronic music" rather than EDM. If you have Amazon Music, I mean music similar to their "Hypnotic and Melodic" playlist. It's much calmer than stuff like Dubstep or Drum and Bass.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #13,581 of 13,714
Dsnuts and/or tgx78 - how are you finding the Voltage to be with classical, particularly strings?

I enjoyed the original Volt before letting it go, and am now looking for a nice all-rounder that can handle both classical and the mellower side of EDM.
In my brief listen, Voltage is very capable of presenting the nuances and subtleties of string instruments.
Rich resonance of a cello, or the soaring melodies of a violin... it offers a balanced and natural sound signature that
captures the timbre and texture of strings with good clarity and accuracy.
Also similar to the Volt, all these are presented in non fatiguing manner.
For solo violin pieces, I might still prefer the Tansio Mirai's slightly more elevated pinna gain and mid treble bites.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #13,582 of 13,714
Been putting the Quattro through their paces the last few hours. Ended up happiest so far with the Orange Liquer tips. With the iFi go blu I do like to use the bass boost with this IEM so far, whereas with my current other rotation I do not. This seems like a solid value at $400 for sure. Will do some A/B later this week. Loving the look of this blue cable too.
I find that the go blu isn't powerful enough to output all the bass it can do, it took my cma18p until it finally could.

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #13,584 of 13,714
Hello friends, I have put up a review of Penon Dome here. I really enjoy the pair.

Pros:
* Comfortable design, lightweight
* Nice amount of non-intrusive bass
* Musical and lush mids
* Decent soundstage
* Easy to drive

Cons:
* Bass does not come very clean
* Average technical aspects, especially resolution

d3.jpeg

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:34 AM Post #13,585 of 13,714
DSC_0078.jpegtwo.jpeg

While many have already taken the chance on a T-OCC purchase, I can tell you (those who are skeptical) the sonic effects are real and valuable.........

TINHIFI T5S
Kiwi ears Singolo
7Hz Sonus
TSMR FEAT
NiceHCK DB2

The ISN T-OCC which is a kind of three copper alloy blend along with a specific build configuration. At a retail of $119.00 the T-OCC finds itself holding much of the imaging and stage/density results from the Renata, and in many ways a continuation of the ISN CS02 cable. Where I’m going to included the ISN Neo 5 with the T-OCC in my review……….but also I was curious about other brand IEM examples of the T-OCC results. Right now I can say the Singolo has the benefits of the T-OCC in spades. That single Kiwi ears IEM seems to open-up and get the desired stage size, that and noted image density for miles? Another fun one was the TINHIFI T5S……..this IEM is my love affair in what TIN has progressed to over the years………and sure enough the T-OCC has the T5S in its sights to alter and improve playback. This will all be in the review, but just let me say the T-OCC opened the midrange and vocals, plus gave that slight detail to the treble that was always lacking. The T5S has the best bass of any TINHIFI I have tried and the T-OCC seemed to leave that untouched, yet I was mostly concentrating on the midrange and treble.

Why results:

3 kinds of copper combination, 3 kinds of diameters
2 shares, 181 cores per share
Outer diameter is 2.5mm, 18AWG wire
98 cores 0.08 frozen single crystal copper
48 cores 0.06 Quenched single crystal copper
35 cores 0.05 Copper-silver alloy

Plus the T-OCC shows use of the solid oxygen free copper 4.4mm or 3.5mm plug, and solid oxygen free copper 2Pins. Just the Japanese Brand Pentaconn OFC Plug is US$60.00-$80.00 by itself.

DSC_0069.jpegqd.jpeg

DSC_0068.jpege.jpeg

DSC_0066.jpegwd.jpeg

DSC_0065.jpegx.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back