The PENON official thread
Apr 23, 2024 at 6:24 AM Post #13,591 of 13,702
Apr 23, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #13,593 of 13,702
I find that the go blu isn't powerful enough to output all the bass it can do, it took my cma18p until it finally could.
Thanks for the response. You know I didn't even check the sensitivity of this IEM just assuming it would be fine. I should have thought of it, after all there are 4 DD in there.
From my A&K HB1 they sound better, but they almost max the HB1 out volume wise. Looks like I'll be using these from the BTR7 which has more power.

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #13,594 of 13,702
I find that the go blu isn't powerful enough to output all the bass it can do, it took my cma18p until it finally could.
I found Bluetooth was OK, but the GO blu really got going with wired from a computer or smartphone.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #13,596 of 13,702
Hi guys, I too hit them up but for a different reason through their email and haven't gotten anything for a few hours so figured I'd see if anyone here knew, buying a new set of IEM's from them and wondered if anyone knew if they had any coupons going on right now? 400+ dollar IEM's I wanted to make sure before I committed to the purchase haha.

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #13,597 of 13,702
@Dsnuts @tgx78 looking forward for more impressions of the VOLTAGE.

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #13,598 of 13,702
I will post something tonight when I get a chance. I been listening to them intently. I think Penon got another hit on their hands.

Rest assured they took their time on this one and has gone the extra with them tuning switches. Will get much more into it in my initial early report. Will end up being a review more or less.

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #13,599 of 13,702
I will post something tonight when I get a chance. I been listening to them intently. I think Penon got another hit on their hands.

Rest assured they took their time on this one and has gone the extra with them tuning switches. Will get much more into it in my initial early report. Will end up being a review more or less.
Thanks. I'm really curious if Penon has developed a special cable for VOLTAGE like they did with Volt. The Totem still a fantastic cable that has great synergy with Volt and Impact too.

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #13,600 of 13,702
I dont think so for this one. They included their stock black obsidian cable. Similar to the one that was included with the Impacts. I wasn't told they will include a new cable pairing for the Voltage. However the obsidian cable pairs extremely well with the Voltage. I like it better on the Voltage than the Impacts to be honest. I haven't really tried any other cables on them however. No worries if the included Obsidian is not a good match for them. It definitley synergizes with the Voltage sound tunings.

I have a feeling the old Totem will match really well with it as well. I have been dealing with family health issues which has taken the bulk of my time at home but once things settles down I will be able to get into cable pairing much more so. This combo here is just shockignly good. So much goodness. So far I tried the Voltage on my DX300, With PB5 and witout sounds fantastic. My tester dap Fiio M15 and the M15S. Voltage sound is consistent but it does scale amazing with the PB5 and new Totem interconnect. The Impacts are getting a bit jealous right now.

1713969228001.png

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #13,601 of 13,702
I dont think so for this one. They included their stock black obsidian cable. Similar to the one that was included with the Impacts. I wasn't told they will include a new cable pairing for the Voltage. However the obsidian cable pairs extremely well with the Voltage. I like it better on the Voltage than the Impacts to be honest. I haven't really tried any other cables on them however. No worries if the included Obsidian is not a good match for them. It definitley synergizes with the Voltage sound tunings.

I have a feeling the old Totem will match really well with it as well. I have been dealing with family health issues which has taken the bulk of my time at home but once things settles down I will be able to get into cable pairing much more so. This combo here is just shockignly good. So much goodness. So far I tried the Voltage on my DX300, With PB5 and witout sounds fantastic. My tester dap Fiio M15 and the M15S. Voltage sound is consistent but it does scale amazing with the PB5 and new Totem interconnect. The Impacts are getting a bit jealous right now.

1713969228001.png
I hope all goes well with family.

I just asked about the cables because Penon announced a new TOTL cable a few months ago but no more news.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/DkcX7qiYzC7Xxq9E/

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #13,602 of 13,702
Apr 24, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #13,604 of 13,702
Pilgrim and Noir will definitely shake things up in the <$1000 range, with Pilgrim at $400. They will sell a lot, IMHO.

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #13,605 of 13,702
Looking to order a custom color DTE900 from Penon. Can anyone help me understand how to specify the color I want? Do I need to specify BOTH the body and the face plate colors separately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back