The PENON official thread
Mar 25, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #8,086 of 13,671
Jukebox with Serial/PS Copper X8/C9/AR-M2. Deep soundscapes at play:

and a guilty pleasure from the past:

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #8,087 of 13,671
Jukebox with Serial/PS Copper X8/C9/AR-M2. Deep soundscapes at play:

and a guilty pleasure from the past:

So many, going trough them will need to continue tomorrow. Love your recommendations here.
My time goes to 30% electronica, 30% metal/rock, rest goes to jazz, pop, indie and so on. What is great with Serial is that it does all those genres more than justice.

Also last one and is personal, as I walked into a slightly dark demo room with speakers two weeks ago. This were playing. Cool dude jamming along with the biggest afro I have seen in a long time, flipping trough what next LP he is putting on. Speakers also had a very familiar sound similar to Serial.

DSCF2054 (Large).jpg

Mar 25, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #8,088 of 13,671
On semi-hiatus since I got the Impact and two other incredible pair of transducers, I have been switching sources, cables and tips more than never before. Add an amp and then removed it, etc…

I have an affordable Hakugei Shadow cable on the way for the Impact, but the ISN Solar is the way to go for the Impact so far. Velvet smooth yet powerful. The Solar retains the mid-centric lovely and effortless presentation from the Obsidian (which is and remains a fantastic stock cable for the Impact) and adds a slightly heft in the lower end. Yes, it won’t be everyone´s taste. The extra energy and faster dynamics brought into the equation are a matter of taste. The Solar lift a slight veil vs. the Obsidian and this cannot be ignored.

For those with a LPGT and a C9 at hand, you might want to try that combo with the Impact.

086C3F9B-FCB0-4B4D-A10F-3D11C1C3E0B5.jpeg
Today my wife worked in the afternoon and the grandparents have taken the girl for a walk, so that I could "work" too, because I had many things pending. It has been a very pleasant afternoon with the impact and the solar. You were right! Previously I only tried it on a couple of songs and moved on to other cables. I don't know if it was very early and now I have more burning time (drivers, and my brain), but before, any cable with some palladium (Solar, Shirokawa or a high-end IvipQ that I have) were a bit bright to me, and so much detail would cause fatigue after a while. Not now. It's been a great afternoon of auditioning, although work... I haven't worked much. Pending tasks are still pending :rolling_eyes: :sweat:

photo_2023-03-25_23-13-06.jpg

Mar 25, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #8,089 of 13,671
So many, going trough them will need to continue tomorrow. Love your recommendations here.
My time goes to 30% electronica, 30% metal/rock, rest goes to jazz, pop, indie and so on. What is great with Serial is that it does all those genres more than justice.

Also last one and is personal, as I walked into a slightly dark demo room with speakers two weeks ago. This were playing. Cool dude jamming along with the biggest afro I have seen in a long time, flipping trough what next LP he is putting on. Speakers also had a very familiar sound similar to Serial.

DSCF2054 (Large).jpg

These big woodies surely are good at groovin’ the atmosphere and getting the crowd moving their feet. There is nothing like a good and well-textured low-end with clean and full mids to make one smiles 😃

Mar 25, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #8,090 of 13,671
Now trying to listen to your recommendations before I go to bed. We're going to have to make a playlist!

Mar 25, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #8,092 of 13,671
Now trying to listen to your recommendations before I go to bed. We're going to have to make a playlist!
@Leonarfd @BrokenHill

Boss posts from both of you. Behind the devices and the gears, the common love and need for music, it doesn’t matter if it’s Classical, Pop, Classic Rock, Opera, Ambient, OST, Electronics or Jazz, drives us through the hobby (and way before that actually) and this is what counts in the first place.

Posting music links or so-called recommendations is a bit of a topic. I like to do it, because I sometimes want to share tunes I am enjoying out of a specific setup, but without any expectations about the boys/girls spending time listening to them. Thing is, I have been discovering a lot of gems listening to HF-members recommandations through the years.

Good night guys/girls. The night is sweet today. There are nice tunes floating around🙏

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #8,093 of 13,671
This is the very last for today. Björk at her 🏔️

CC24021E-B232-4D4E-845F-4449963AD209.jpeg

Mar 26, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #8,094 of 13,671
Upon waking on a Monday, "Kaputt" should be the after party, post weekend pick me up...
Extra treble peaks picked up by the Globe, tamed by the Penon ear tips.
I started from the Spheres, then Orbs, now Globes.
The Space is a consistent link update to any chain for larger venue, perceived clarity due to more distance between instruments.
Love those super wide 3d effects...
IMG_E3254.JPG

Mar 26, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #8,096 of 13,671
Anyone of Penon/isn afficinados tried stuff like Meze Penta
I did. They're both organic, the ests have a better timbre, though.
How does it compare with Globe
For sure, the Globes will be brighter. a little more energetic, crisper. This will ultimately depend on your priorities.
Re: the 600, for my money, I'd get better value from the Penon ISN range.
The 900 is the ultimate goal for me. If I don't acquire this, I'd rather look somewhere else.
The Serial, Fan2 and Globe and dare I say the Orbs on Penon's latest ear tips, ISN H50, are better value than the 300 & 600. Because to my ears-better tuning, larger scale of imaging. More full size Headphone scale of imaging than the typical iems...
or Est50? 😀

Mar 27, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #8,097 of 13,671
It goes without saying, Penon's ear tips passed muster from picking that unwanted treble detail in the form of sibilance.
More natural, open air sounding than before...
IMG_E3270.JPG

Mar 27, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #8,098 of 13,671
Help me fellow Penon Volt owners. So I noticed the following when attempting to clean my Volt.
image_67502337.JPG
image_67185153.JPG

You can see in the first image that the top right port has what seems to be a black screen and/or a driver body, However, when you look at the equivalent port the top left on the other iem. There is nothing there. When looking at each of these ports from the side you can see a metal cylinder toward the tip of the nozzle. So my question I guess is what is this and what is supposed to be there? Admittedly, I have used a staple to clean these ports, so hoping I did not do it some type of damage.

Mar 27, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #8,099 of 13,671
Help me fellow Penon Volt owners. So I noticed the following when attempting to clean my Volt.

image_67502337.JPG
You can see in the first image that the top right port has what seems to be a black screen and/or a driver body, However, when you look at the equivalent port the top left on the other iem. There is nothing there. When looking at each of these ports from the side you can see a metal cylinder toward the tip of the nozzle. So my question I guess is what is this and what is supposed to be there? Admittedly, I have used a staple to clean these ports, so hoping I did not do it some type of damage.

The staple pin is highly magnetic, must've accidentally attracted the metal cylinder inside the damping tube, whilst cleaning the sound port upper portion.
1679937654219.png

You can push it back down, this time use plastics, ie toothpick, etc. You might have to shave it further in order to fit into the sound port and push it back down.
You may need a back lighted magnifying glass on a stand and some kind of platform to lift the shell closer to the magnifier...
1679938127894.png

IMG_E3276.JPG

IMG_E3278.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_E3277.JPG
    IMG_E3277.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back