The PENON official thread
Dec 17, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #1,366 of 13,885
PENON MIX can also upgrade sound for Volt :wink:

Penon-Mixcable.jpg

PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Dec 17, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #1,368 of 13,885
Dec 17, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #1,369 of 13,885
It's already up for sale. i just checked, very tempting price! Even for other IEMs
Penon product range

Dec 17, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #1,370 of 13,885
Thanks for all that info. I understand, I didn't realise that IEMs under $500 were no good for classical. In complete fairness, my regular headphones are LCD2Fs and I don't expect any IEMs to come close to them, but there's something about the Airpod Pros that I've enjoyed listening to alongside the LCD2Fs a lot, lot more than the the Orbs, Starfields or most other IEMs that I've heard before. I would still be using my SM64s if they weren't so badly made, they literally fell apart in my ears.

I will have to think long and hard about whether I want to bother with IEMs for classical at this point, as the Monarch, Rai Penta, Andromeda and U12T are way beyond what I would be happy to pay, plus the extra that it costs to get them in the UK. Thank you again for all that you told me, it's very interesting to hear about how complicated IEMs can be.

Hi, I was listening to some tracks and I recalled this earlier conversation.

I believe the Orbs are made for albums like The Other Side by Robot Koch. The deep gutteral bass, the crackling details, the mystique and uniqueness of the sound, are all superbly presented by the Orb's tuning. Tracks like these are meant to crowd the "center" of the audio landscape, so a black background isn't necessary to enjoy them. And yet, a good bulk of it is still instrumental. Sure, airiness will help with the bigness of the tracks, but the Orb will bring out the richness of the sound design. While most of the imaging is focused in an -well, orb, that seems to envelope your head, the Orbs have enough ability to separate the sounds and give the depth required of the tracks. I also really enjoy the lushness and the tasy bass here of course. Hope this helps you appreciate the tuning of the Orb a little more!

Dec 17, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #1,371 of 13,885
I am so excited. I’ve ordered a custom Volt a few weeks ago (blind buy based on a few great reviews) that’s hopefully arriving next week.
Reading this thread it looks like money well spent :)

The Volt is facing a brutal competitor in the face of my A18s but I am interested to find out how does it compare to it :)

Dec 17, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #1,372 of 13,885
I am so excited. I’ve ordered a custom Volt a few weeks ago (blind buy based on a few great reviews) that’s hopefully arriving next week.Reading this thread it looks like money well spent :) The Volt is facing a brutal competitor in the face of my A18s but I am interested to find out how does it compare to it :)

Congrats!

I'll sure be interested in the comparison, although I haven't heard A18s

Dec 17, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #1,373 of 13,885
Tapped out for the year, but now I really want the Volt and IT07!

Dec 17, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #1,374 of 13,885
Why would I?

I haven't tried AG8 with Volt yet, but my general experience with AG8 is that it boost lower mids a bit as well as more emphasis on mid bass and it smoothens things. I like AG8 with brighter pairing than Volt but synergy is something strange sometimes so I'll try that :)
I’d glad to know your AG8 feedback on volt 😉

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #1,375 of 13,885
Dec 17, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #1,377 of 13,885
Hi. Does anyone know, or care to speculate, what sort of sonic upgrade Mix cable might have on Volt (relative to stock)? Thanks
IMO It depends on what people here tell you it does to the sound and how much you believe in it. Your mind will do the rest for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back