The PENON official thread
Apr 19, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #13,531 of 13,670
Dsnuts says it is an improvement over the CS02. I’m not in possession of the T-OCC yet, but you can rest assured I’m going to try the T-OCC, the CS02 and the Renata with the HiBy R3 II and the Neo 5! Really you having me test the R3/Neo 5 with the CS02 was enlightening!
And you can be sure that I will try it too.😄

Yes, it seems incredible that this trio has the synergy that you and I know.😉

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #13,532 of 13,670
And you can be sure that I will try it too.😄

Yes, it seems incredible that this trio has the synergy that you and I know.😉
You know, this kinda stuff maybe happens for a reason, who knows........like chance? Though number one, these combination outcomes are not always this good in the Head-Fi world. Call it luck, call it synergy or maybe simply progress?

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #13,533 of 13,670
You know, this kinda stuff maybe happens for a reason, who knows........like chance? Though number one, these combination outcomes are not always this good in the Head-Fi world. Call it luck, call it synergy or maybe simply progress?
First I+D (Intelligence + Development) progress, then synergy...coincidences do not exist, they are causalities, cause consequence. Then you have to be attentive to the signs of opportunity.😵‍💫😄

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #13,534 of 13,670
1713536045902.png

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/is...brid-audiophile-iem-cable.27177/review/33610/

The price on these are aggressive. Not too much $120 priced cables that does what these do. The good news on this one is that it is very versatile. The combination of types of material on here is brilliant. Its actually using 4 types of copper if you include the OFC copper plug and connectors on here. I actually guessed this cable would be in the $200 range due to its performance but I was pleasantly surprised to find out they are going to be sold at $120. Somehow I have a feeling Penon will continue experimenting with different types of copper material. These reminds me a lot of the recent Effect Audio Code24 Cables in how they perform. It seems to fill the same type of sound profile it throws out but a much more budget friendly version.

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #13,535 of 13,670
DSC01775.JPG

OH DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aha yea so Penon been cooking up some serious tribrid action. Been a long time waiting for the successor to the OG bad boy Volts. You better believe these are a proper upgrade on the Volts. Much more to come. They are literally 2 tracks in. STUNNER out of the box in both looks and more importantly the sound.

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #13,536 of 13,670
DSC01775.JPG

OH DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aha yea so Penon been cooking up some serious tribrid action. Been a long time waiting for the successor to the OG bad boy Volts. You better believe these are a proper upgrade on the Volts. Much more to come. They are literally 2 tracks in. STUNNER out of the box in both looks and more importantly the sound.
It seems like the fit wouldn't be very comfortable or secure with that plastic bag housing. But they would stay nice and clean 😆

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:57 AM Post #13,537 of 13,670
1713536045902.png

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/is...brid-audiophile-iem-cable.27177/review/33610/

The price on these are aggressive. Not too much $120 priced cables that does what these do. The good news on this one is that it is very versatile. The combination of types of material on here is brilliant. Its actually using 4 types of copper if you include the OFC copper plug and connectors on here. I actually guessed this cable would be in the $200 range due to its performance but I was pleasantly surprised to find out they are going to be sold at $120. Somehow I have a feeling Penon will continue experimenting with different types of copper material. These reminds me a lot of the recent Effect Audio Code24 Cables in how they perform. It seems to fill the same type of sound profile it throws out but a much more budget friendly version.
is it available in mmcx?

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #13,539 of 13,670
Seems they launched them with 2 pin only on the web site but I bet if you message Penon they can make an mmcx version for you. Should be fairly easy for them.
Though the MMCX probably won’t be OFC, so sound could be different?

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #13,540 of 13,670
DSC01775.JPG

I've been waiting for months, certainly like to read your opinion and comparison with the 10AE and TSMR-X.
Truly would like to own them, if they are value proposition and not highly priced.

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #13,541 of 13,670
DSC01775.JPG

Looking forward to hear more impressions.

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #13,542 of 13,670
Waiting for more impressions about Voltage, I like its design and I would like to see its faceplate in more detail, I hope and wish to finally hear a Penon iem with deep and controlled bass in the EST50 style whit the switch activated, I can't wait to know more 🫣

Apr 20, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #13,543 of 13,670
All in due time folks. They got the necessary burn in overnight. Will post some impressions soon. Been dealing with a family emergency so I have to do some family support today but I am very much looking forward to dissecting the Voltage.

Unfortunately a product this premium will have the price tag to go with it. I will try to help get the pricing on these to be reasonable so more folks can purchase them. I am curious myself as to what they will charge.

All I am saying is. If you had your heart and soul set on the successor to the Volts. Start saving cus these will be worth whatever Penon will be charging for them. They sound absolutely spectacular on my PB5 amp. Speaking of which I will also show you guys here first another product I got custom made from Penon... It has to do with my PB5 amp.

For guys that own the Ibasso PB5 amp. Keep tabs here. I got something to show you and it involves the TOTEM material!

The tuning switches gives a versatility only the Penon Turbo had. Each switch change makes the voltage have a premium take on a different signature but it stays safe at the same time. These are a clear upgrade on the 10th anniversary as well. With switch's up they are like an Uber 10th. With bass switch up they are uber Volt. They remind me of the mids on the Impacts but then you add them two dynamics handling the bass and I think Impact owners might have a good idea what to expect.

I can literally hear all the good parts of Penon products past on this set. It is that good. It took them a while to bring this one out. I do know they have been working on them since last year. The insides of the Voltage is a stunner. Such a clean layout. Will have more photos and impressions very soon.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #13,544 of 13,670
All in due time folks. They got the necessary burn in overnight. Will post some impressions soon. Been dealing with a family emergency so I have to do some family support today but I am very much looking forward to dissecting the Voltage.

Unfortunately a product this premium will have the price tag to go with it. I will try to help get the pricing on these to be reasonable so more folks can purchase them. I am curious myself as to what they will charge.

All I am saying is. If you had your heart and soul set on the successor to the Volts. Start saving cus these will be worth whatever Penon will be charging for them. They sound absolutely spectacular on my PB5 amp. Speaking of which I will also show you guys here first another product I got custom made from Penon... It has to do with my PB5 amp.

For guys that own the Ibasso PB5 amp. Keep tabs here. I got something to show you and it involves the TOTEM material!

The tuning switches gives a versatility only the Penon Turbo had. Each switch change makes the volt have a premium take on a different signature but it stays safe at the same time. These are a clear upgrade on the 10th anniversary as well. With switch's up they are like an Uber 10th. With bass switch up they are uber Volt. They remind me of the mids on the Impacts but then you add them two dynamics handling the bass and I think Impact owners might have a good idea what to expect.

I can literally hear all the good parts of Penon products past on this set. It is that good. It took them a while to bring this one out. I do know they have been working on them since last year. The insides of the Voltage is a stunner. Such a clean layout. Will have more photos and impressions very soon.
I hope all goes well with your family.

About pricing, ideally, they should be around their previous version "Volt" and even below. That's how I think they should be positioned; otherwise, they will compete with their TOTL.

Course Penon can charge whatever they want, but if they don't fit my budget, which already I consider high above 500$ they're going to be a hard sell.

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #13,545 of 13,670
I hope all goes well with your family.

About pricing, ideally, they should be around their previous version "Volt" and even below. That's how I think they should be positioned; otherwise, they will compete with their TOTL.

Course Penon can charge whatever they want, but if they don't fit my budget, which already I consider high above 500$ they're going to be a hard sell.
Prepare yourself to be disappointed. This VOLTAGE is using the latest generation of Sonion drivers and Penon has been working on this set for at least 2 years. This basically is the Impact with DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back