Note design on bottom

Rhodium Plated Plug
The Palladium Purple Plug
Oxygen Free Copper Plug
Totem Adaptor Plug 3.5mm
Totem Adaptor Plug 4.4mm

OS133 Adapter Cable
Silver plug:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/the-penon-rhodium-plated-modular-plug.26746/reviews#review-31868
https://penonaudio.com/penon-purple-copper-plug.html
https://penonaudio.com/PENON-OFC-Plug.html

Of the three adapter cables, they can be put before your regular cable, as note each is 4.4mm to 4.4mm or 3.5mm to 3.5mm.

DSC_1094.jpegx2.jpeg

Laughably I even have more Plugs than photographed here........so confusing at times. :)

As such the The Palladium Purple plug and 2Pin plugs are used with the new ASOS+ to completely change the tone from the original ASOS.
DSC_1089.jpegqxq.jpeg

DSC_1085.jpeg1221.jpeg

The cable construction is slightly different too.
DSC_1092.jpegwe1.jpeg

DSC_1078.jpegxw.jpeg

The Palladium Purple plug

Mar 12, 2024 at 3:38 AM Post #13,248 of 13,934
Hello Everyone,
We received some customer opinions. The PENON BASS cable was not very good to wear without earhook, and it was easy to pop up our ears, so we added earhook to it now :relaxed:
https://penonaudio.com/penon-bass.html
BASS CABLE+EARHOOK.jpg

PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Mar 12, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #13,250 of 13,934
Just ordered the penon 10th anniversary i never spend so much on a IEM i choose Penon because the Serial is my Favourite IEM and one of best audio Products i have heard as a whole. So now im a bit nervous ...

So after i got some time with the 10th i have to say i REALLY like them the most "funny" thing is that this is the most neutral sounding IEM or Headphone i ever heard i know they are not neutral tunning wise but to my ears they perfectly balanced and no FR Range sticks out and they handle EVERY Song i throw at them without breaking a sweat which is nice because i like to Jump genre quite often.
The next thing that suprised me was the comfort they are quite big and i was afraid i would run in the same problem i had with the Moondrop Variations they are also quite big but despite lovimg the sound i had to sell them because after 30 min my ears hurt (Tried a alot of tips) but the 10 are fitting like a glove <3.

all things considered best iem i tried so far but also the most expensive.

And now i thinking about a Small SS Amp i could use on my desk to use them in my home office setup with Roon.

Mar 12, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #13,251 of 13,934
Just got the Penon Bass cable to match my Penon 10th Anniversary. I got the ear-hook version. A great looking match. Haven't had a chance to compare, but will do with the Penon 'Bling' vocal (which is a really good cable). My only comments on first listen is that there is a good spaciousness using the HiBy R6 III with L Spiral Dots, no EQ. Definitely mid friendly, and strangely slightly accentuates the treble and adds a measure of spacious clarity. At the moment probably imagination. Will need to A/B with the Vocal to notice real differences. Allegedly the "Vocal" should accentuate vocals and the "Bass"....the bass.....we shall see.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #13,252 of 13,934
So after i got some time with the 10th i have to say i REALLY like them the most "funny" thing is that this is the most neutral sounding IEM or Headphone i ever heard i know they are not neutral tunning wise but to my ears they perfectly balanced and no FR Range sticks out and they handle EVERY Song i throw at them without breaking a sweat which is nice because i like to Jump genre quite often.
The next thing that suprised me was the comfort they are quite big and i was afraid i would run in the same problem i had with the Moondrop Variations they are also quite big but despite lovimg the sound i had to sell them because after 30 min my ears hurt (Tried a alot of tips) but the 10 are fitting like a glove <3.

all things considered best iem i tried so far but also the most expensive.

And now i thinking about a Small SS Amp i could use on my desk to use them in my home office setup with Roon.
Totally agree...top IEM. They play every Genre well.....including Classical. Beautiful treble too.

Mar 12, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #13,253 of 13,934
I just got my shipping confirmation on the EST50 - seems like its already at the airport. I was debating so hard between these and the (although much more expensive) Aur Neon Pro and was about to cancel but now there is no going back. I feel relieved, the pressure has been taken off. I can`t stop whats coming now and I am very excited for the ride.

Let me tell you, GAS is real, I started simply looking for an upgrade to my S12 Pro and quickly ended at the (at least to me) higher end of the spectrum. Just thought about getting a Hiby R5 ii to compliment my new acquisition - Help me, I fell deep down the rabbit hole :D

On a more serious note - Thanks for all the input, especially the reviews and comparisons have been extremely valuable for me.

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #13,254 of 13,934
I just got my shipping confirmation on the EST50 - seems like its already at the airport. I was debating so hard between these and the (although much more expensive) Aur Neon Pro and was about to cancel but now there is no going back. I feel relieved, the pressure has been taken off. I can`t stop whats coming now and I am very excited for the ride.

Let me tell you, GAS is real, I started simply looking for an upgrade to my S12 Pro and quickly ended at the (at least to me) higher end of the spectrum. Just thought about getting a Hiby R5 ii to compliment my new acquisition - Help me, I fell deep down the rabbit hole :D

On a more serious note - Thanks for all the input, especially the reviews and comparisons have been extremely valuable for me.
Congratulations, EST50 is one of my favorite Tribrids in its price range.

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #13,255 of 13,934

S12 pros are so different vs the EST50 that I am sure you will find out just how complimentary the EST50 will be in comparison.

One word of advice, dont take the bass out of the box as final sound. Far from it. It is the bass end that need some burn in to gel with the rest of the sound signature. I would just use some music and play it on listening levels for several days, should start tightening the bass end.

Cables makes a huge difference on the EST50. It is one of the most sensitive to cable changes for any ISN IEM. If you feel the sound is a bit too warm for you, try using some of your other cables you have on hand ( S12 pro cable) and then take a good listen. Once you settled on a good cable pairing for them its a good idea to reevaluate your tip selection as well. But do this only after you burned them in- my best advice I can give you. Looking foward to see what you think.

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #13,256 of 13,934
Congratulations, EST50 is one of my favorite Tribrids in its price range.
Special thanks to you @Leonarfd - You were the one to make me hungry for the Neon Pro but at the same time I feel better about my decision. The fact that these two compete in your eyes for your favorites gives me great confidence.
S12 pros are so different vs the EST50 that I am sure you will find out just how complimentary the EST50 will be in comparison.

One word of advice, dont take the bass out of the box as final sound. Far from it. It is the bass end that need some burn in to gel with the rest of the sound signature. I would just use some music and play it on listening levels for several days, should start tightening the bass end.

Cables makes a huge difference on the EST50. It is one of the most sensitive to cable changes for any ISN IEM. If you feel the sound is a bit too warm for you, try using some of your other cables you have on hand ( S12 pro cable) and then take a good listen. Once you settled on a good cable pairing for them its a good idea to reevaluate your tip selection as well. But do this only after you burned them in- my best advice I can give you. Looking foward to see what you think.
Thats why I am so excited - S12 Pro are very good value for the price but comfort and the unnatural timbre/lack of low end makes them hard to fully enjoy for me. On one song I think - Damn they sound amazing - then its like: where is all the weight/warmth? I`m getting all the details but they sometimes just lack soul? EQ helps but brings a whole other suite of problems with it...

I think I´m going to enjoy the EST50 like they are stock but will take your guys words on burn-in to heart. I will definitely try them with the S12 cable and I will prob. get the highly recommended vocal cable later! If it just didnt look like I`m out with the gang :D

Mar 12, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #13,258 of 13,934
I was going to post about that too. It can go from basshead to crisply refined to rich and thick with a cable swap.
I´m very interested how they will turn out with different cables, running them of my Hip-Dac should be sufficient enough as source though right?

Having different signatures waiting for you at the switch of a cable honestly sounds like I dream and I will believe it once I hear it :) But since there are so many people saying the same about the EST50, there must be some truth to it.

Don`t get me wrong, I`m not a non believer when it comes to cables. But I would never spend 200+ on a cable. Maybe time will change my mind but I`m hopeful I won`t fall down that trap... At least the vocal is somewhat reasonably priced. But when I see stuff like "Eye of Horus" from Aur Audio that cost more than any of their iems, it starts to get ridiculous

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #13,259 of 13,934
One more question about Phenons express shipping. I thought they would get send out via DHL but am not mad because they are now sent using "tax-free" shipping. The support told me I won`t have to pay any import fees, which sounds almost too good to be true considering their price... Can anyone with experience tell me if that shipping option is mostly hassle free? And are the stated 7-9 days realistic for EU?

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #13,260 of 13,934
One more question about Phenons express shipping. I thought they would get send out via DHL but am not mad because they are now sent using "tax-free" shipping. The support told me I won`t have to pay any import fees, which sounds almost too good to be true considering their price... Can anyone with experience tell me if that shipping option is mostly hassle free? And are the stated 7-9 days realistic for EU?
Buyer from Germany here :) my Package was delivered in 7 days after Ordering and it had a "delay" because our train conducters are on strike... so 9 days are realistic i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back