The PENON official thread
Nov 17, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #11,581 of 14,160
Quattro is a balanced tuned IEM so even though one would think two 10mm will be all about the bass. It is not Its certainly punchy, tight and well executed bass but its not emphasized more than 7-8dbs which is the goldilocks for bass emphasis for IEMs. So no boomstick Bass but you can't have too much balancing if your low end is too much. I personally love the driver choices here for the entire thing.

Bass has excellent control and digs deep when called for. Will get into more details here soon.
Damnit tell them to give us the price already, I need to know how much this one is gonna hurt with the wife.

Nov 17, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #11,582 of 14,160
Damnit tell them to give us the price already, I need to know how much this one is gonna hurt with the wife.
It’s Penon, so it will only hurt the wife temporarily it will not cause permanent damage like unique melody or Noble audio

Nov 17, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #11,583 of 14,160
It’s Penon, so it will only hurt the wife temporarily it will not cause permanent damage like unique melody or Noble audio
Exactly this.

The driver choice is on point but its nothing that is what I consider exotic or costly like EST drivers. Will find out retail pricing soon enough but I did put in a word for you all. Cheaper they can sell these things the more they will move them.

Believe me there is nothing cheap about the sound of the Quattro. The RP will be based more on their SQ level.

And it is at a high SQ level. We will see.

Nov 17, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #11,585 of 14,160
OK just got word. Penon pulled a revision on the treble driver being used on the Quattro. They changed it up to a different 6mm dynamic on the retail version. Whatever it is they are using. It sounds sooo right. Lol. You guys are gonna love the treble on these things.
Up there with penon impact treble..👀?? I have not tried the impact yet but I heard it’s treble is smooth as butter

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #11,586 of 14,160
@Dsnuts you are killing us… well that would be metaphorically… but my wife likely will do it to me physically if these have the premium price to match the premium sound and I get them… I may have to bury my sorrows by listening even more to my 10th Anniversary set…

Nov 17, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #11,587 of 14,160
I am writing my thoughts down and it will be more like a review more so than an impression but I have a lot to say about these.

These are just simply wonderful the more and more they get a break in and the more I hear them. Wow just wow. These have to be one of the best Penon made IEMs I have everheard, right up there with the Impacts.

I do know these will not be in the flagship megabuck category. I hope Penon will take my advice about not selling these too expensive. Lol. The RnD and tuning on these excellent drivers being used will be worth every penny spent on them believe me. These things out of my Fiio M15S is just amazeballz!!

These are going to garner a big following I have zero doubts about that.

Nov 17, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #11,588 of 14,160
I have often found EST to be too energetic and a little harsh. I have the Monarch MK3 here right now. He has the problem too.
I hope the treble of the Quattro remains musical, as we are used to from Penon.
I hope there will be measurements soon, perhaps from Penon himself.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #11,589 of 14,160
I have often found EST to be too energetic and a little harsh. I have the Monarch MK3 here right now. He has the problem too.
I hope the treble of the Quattro remains musical, as we are used to from Penon.
I hope there will be measurements soon, perhaps from Penon himself.
To be honest with you. I have heard every Penon made IEM and reviewed all of them. Never heard a Penon IEM with harsh treble.

The new ISN Neo1 out of the box has some lower treble grain but is now mitigated with a tuning foam they will provide and sounds great after the mod. Otherwise especially for a Penon branded IEMs, never seen a fellow reviewer mention harsh trebles on any of it.

The new Quattro has excellent treble detail but not the type to step out of bounds. I do feel after some burn in the treble will smooth out a bit and balance out the tonality and cohesiveness among the drivers. But so far so good. Treble details stand out but in a good way.

My tester is always metal and rock music. If you can listen to metal and rock music without wincing or forwarding a track. Life is good.

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #11,590 of 14,160
To be honest, the Volt's highs weren't my cup of tea. I really liked all the other Penon IEms in the highs.
Although I haven't heard Turbo and 10th yet.
Rock and Metal is my favorit music. I'm really excited about the Turbo because the serial is one of my favorite IE.

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #11,591 of 14,160
image.jpg

Honestly, these Penon legends have been one of the most underrated Iems I’ve ever heard in my life, beautiful non-fatigue listen every time 👌

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #11,592 of 14,160
To be honest, the Volt's highs weren't my cup of tea. I really liked all the other Penon IEms in the highs.
Rock and Metal is my favorit music. I'm really excited about the Turbo because the serial is one of my favorite IE.

Sounds even more musical than the Serials. One point of my impression I will post soon is a detailed comparison to the Serial. The Quattro definitely has a more in the way of treble emphasis but its done so well.

Volt needs a bit more lower treble for better treble presence and if you noticed the EST infused IEMs Penon did after the Volt. All of them use a BA for lower to mid trebles and then ESTs for upper trebles.. ESTs are best suited for upper treble detail and air and that is how they were used ever since the volt.

As far as I know Volts are the only IEM I know that uses its ESTs for all of the trebles. Its lack of lower treble emphasis was my only real complaint about the Volt otherwise. Volts are still to this day one of the best Penon made IEMs.

Eagerly waiting for a Volt 2- But in the mean time. Quattros for the win.

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #11,593 of 14,160
image.jpg
Honestly, these Penon legends have been one of the most underrated Iems I’ve ever heard in my life, beautiful non-fatigue listen every time 👌
Oh I fully agree. The price difference from the Legends to the Impacts is almost double. There are a few aspects the Legends do better.
Has the widest stage of all of Penon IEMs. If you like the tonal qualities of the Legends I think you will be more than impressed with the new Quattro.

I think the best aspect of the Quattro is that you can hear the passion put into this design. Definitely for eclectic music listening.

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #11,594 of 14,160
That sounds very encouraging. I look forward to your review.
A Volt 2 is certainly also very exciting. So far, Impact is the only listener I know of where I liked the EST. In addition to the many Thieaudio Tribrids, I could also hear the FiiO FX15.

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #11,595 of 14,160
Metal music for the win! 😉

I’d say metal is 80% of my listening. However, as I get older it’s stoner rock and psyc/doom metal type stuff that I listen to more and more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back