The PENON official thread
Jul 18, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #10,487 of 13,933
Jul 18, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #10,488 of 13,933
Did Penon release their Orange tips yet? Might also have to check out those red/clear silicones.

Jul 18, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #10,490 of 13,933
I’ve got a set myself.

“Reduce the sibilance, the vocal is rich in emotion, low frequency is wide and loose, more balanced”

Sounds exactly as described!

These new eartips kinda dials down the intensity on the 10th a notch making the overall presentation more relaxed. Very nice! Also quite the opposite from the all transparent wide bore ones. Both are nice to have!
The JVC FX10 SPIRAL DOTS also does a great job on the 10th highly recommended 👍

Jul 18, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #10,491 of 13,933
Do Penonaudio.com tend to have sales from time to time? i have 3-4 items that i have my eyes on :D
Subscribe to thier newsletter you get discount codes in the email.

Jul 18, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #10,492 of 13,933
Any recommendations for the type of cable to use with the Turbo @Dsnuts? It was dispatched today. I'm thinking of going with an all-copper cable like the ISN C4 or Penon Fiery (ISN CU4 is a little bit more than I want to spend) Xinhs also does a very similar cable on AE for almost the same price as the C4, what do you think? All my cables are silver-plated copper or a mix. I don't have any pure copper cables and think a pure copper might go well with the Turbo to give it that warmer sound. Strangely I asked Penon this and they said they felt the included cable was best with the Turbo - rather than trying to upsell me another (more expensive) cable when I was clearly interested in doing so.

Actualy the CS819 cable does match well with the Turbo. I see you got a set of the ISN H2. Those are like and upgraded CS819 so I would try those. I always advise folks to get the IEMs first and try what you got and then go from there. If you feel you need to shift the tonal character a bit for your liking vs what cables your using with them that is when aftermarket stuff comes into play. Looking forward to what you think about the Turbo.

Jul 18, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #10,493 of 13,933
Penon really embraces the audiophile...no silly rules (talking to you AüR), warnings, etc. They know we want to cable roll and they indulge and it works great both ways. So, they get happy customers and sell 3 cables or more to every iem we buy. It's a great business model and it's working really well.

Jul 18, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #10,494 of 13,933
Actualy the CS819 cable does match well with the Turbo. I see you got a set of the ISN H2. Those are like and upgraded CS819 so I would try those. I always advise folks to get the IEMs first and try what you got and then go from there. If you feel you need to shift the tonal character a bit for your liking vs what cables your using with them that is when aftermarket stuff comes into play. Looking forward to what you think about the Turbo.
My ISN H2 cable is staying paired with the 10 AE - got to prioritise the aesthetics/colour matching!

I was going to purchase a green cable for the turbo but think it’ll be too much. I do have a NiceHCK FourMix cable ready to pair with my AÜr Aurora when that (hopefully) arrives next week.

I’ll do as you say, and see how it sounds first with the stock cable.

I’m happy to give my impressions although my knowledge and experience is pretty limited. I’ll basically just be comparing it to the 10 AE until the Aurora arrives.

I was going to get the sound Rhyme SR8 or Dunu SA6 MKii as my all-ba set but then when Penon released the Turbo at a cheaper price than both, it seemed like a no brainer. Although I based that decision on the Turbo being Penon’s version of these/attempt at an all-ba set around a similar price.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #10,495 of 13,933
Jul 18, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #10,496 of 13,933
My ISN H2 cable is staying paired with the 10 AE - got to prioritise the aesthetics/colour matching!

I was going to purchase a green cable for the turbo but think it’ll be too much. I do have a NiceHCK FourMix cable ready to pair with my AÜr Aurora when that (hopefully) arrives next week.

I’ll do as you say, and see how it sounds first with the stock cable.

I’m happy to give my impressions although my knowledge and experience is pretty limited. I’ll basically just be comparing it to the 10 AE until the Aurora arrives.

I was going to get the sound Rhyme SR8 or Dunu SA6 MKii as my all-ba set but then when Penon released the Turbo and also offered the $50 discount, it seemed like a no brainer. Although I based that decision on the Turbo being Penon’s version of these/attempt at an all-ba set around a similar price.

How does the Turbo sound paired with a pure/all copper cable?
How is the Turbo compared to the NP, that's what I want to know!

Jul 18, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #10,497 of 13,933
Why do you guys think Penon/ISN put ear loops on just a small handful of cables (the expensive ones really)?

Jul 18, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #10,499 of 13,933
Why do you guys think Penon/ISN put ear loops on just a small handful of cables (the expensive ones really)?
I believe you can ask for earhooks on thier cables.

Jul 19, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #10,500 of 13,933

For the case of the Totem, this is a stiff set to be honest. Due to the total number of strands.
IMG_E4208.JPG

The amount of memory effect is negligible though.
IMG_E4209.JPG

Material:
Single crystal copper silver-plated Litz 6
Palladium-plated pure silver
Single crystal copper plated with pure gold
2 shares, 334 cores per share
Blue PVC long life sheath
Carbon fiber splitter and CF brass metal CNC integrated slider
Outer diameter: 2.8mm

However, there was another Totem owner that managed to carefully remove the ear hooks.
Despite its rigidity, once the in ear is in place, the cable will naturally follow the drop down to the neck.
I'm not sure if the shape is retained when unplugging the in ear from the concha for a moment though.

If you require ear hooks, you can try to ask and send them a message...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back