The PENON official thread
Oct 28, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #1,021 of 13,713
Don't listen to those so can't say. I have owned and sold off a lot of chi-fi iems, but this one is a keeper.

Oct 28, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #1,022 of 13,713
Just got the Tea a week ago haven't find any time for a listen yet, but as far as the ORBs goes I loved them right out of the box. Very engaging signature with incredible vocal presentation and tight fast accurate bass reproduction. I think details are in general overestimated in the iem world, coherency and consistency in sound matters more as far as my small experience suggests indicates... :thinking: :v:
It's been over a month since that post, but truly despite the fact that I had back then Mangird Tea in hand wasn't able to find time to listen to that set.....
Today.... First listen for an hour or so...
I have already stated many times that I am a HUGE fan of ISN H40 (their signature, timbre, sonics, tuning etc..)
Despite that... Mangird Tea might be the most beautiful thing in the iem world I have ever heard.....
Listening to the Teas for the first time was a mesmerizing experience all the way... Everything is to fall in love with the teas..... STELLAR PERFORMERS!!!
Main deferences between the Mangird Tea and H40 :
The teas are clearly sub bass focused and the signature is quite bright so if you are treble sensitive maybe this isn't the right set for you, despite that the Teas didn't left me with any fatiguing feeling after an hour long listening session..
Maybe it is the MOST transparent iem that I have heard... H40 is more thick and weighty sounding not that insane detail retrieval that can be immediately noticed on the Teas particularly in the upper treble region.....
The Teas are fairly balanced and at first listen coming from an earphone such as H40 or the ORBS bass maybe be lacking for some.... But it's just an impression and as you adjust to their signature you can easily say that this is not the case her and truth is that in the Teas everything is balanced across the FR
Imaging, instrument placement, resolution is STELLAR, distortion is Zero on very high volume.. What more can i say????
Obviously I was impressed from the first listening, maybe ein term sof transparency brought to mind ibasso AM05 (which also sounds linear and transparent close to the Teas as well)
The MOST unique thing about the Teas that I noticed on that hour listening is the overall air and space between the instruments... It was simply.. fantastic
I was totally impressed...... Everything is to fall in love here...... :astonished: :scream_cat:
IMG_20201028_085206.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #1,023 of 13,713
Don't listen to those so can't say. I have owned and sold off a lot of chi-fi iems, but this one is a keeper.
The tonality on ORB is fairly mature. I like it better than the Oriveti OH300 and BGVP VG4 in term of tonality.

Oct 28, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #1,024 of 13,713
The tonality on ORB is fairly mature. I like it better than the Oriveti OH300 and BGVP VG4 in term of tonality.
Most definitely. That tonality is to die for.

Oct 28, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #1,025 of 13,713
It's been over a month since that post, but truly despite the fact that I had back then Mangird Tea in hand wasn't able to find time to listen to that set.....
Today.... First listen for an hour or so...
I have already stated many times that I am a HUGE fan of ISN H40 (their signature, timbre, sonics, tuning etc..)
Despite that... Mangird Tea might be the most beautiful thing in the iem world I have ever heard.....
Listening to the Teas for the first time was a mesmerizing experience all the way... Everything is to fall in love with the teas..... STELLAR PERFORMERS!!!
Main deferences between the Mangird Tea and H40 :
The teas are clearly sub bass focused and the signature is quite bright so if you are treble sensitive maybe this isn't the right set for you, despite that the Teas didn't left me with any fatiguing feeling after an hour long listening session..
Maybe it is the MOST transparent iem that I have heard... H40 is more thick and weighty sounding not that insane detail retrieval that can be immediately noticed on the Teas particularly in the upper treble region.....
The Teas are fairly balanced and at first listen coming from an earphone such as H40 or the ORBS bass maybe be lacking for some.... But it's just an impression and as you adjust to their signature you can easily say that this is not the case her and truth is that in the Teas everything is balanced across the FR
Imaging, instrument placement, resolution is STELLAR, distortion is Zero on very high volume.. What more can i say????
Obviously I was impressed from the first listening, maybe ein term sof transparency brought to mind ibasso AM05 (which also sounds linear and transparent close to the Teas as well)
The MOST unique thing about the Teas that I noticed on that hour listening is the overall air and space between the instruments... It was simply.. fantastic
I was totally impressed...... Everything is to fall in love here...... :astonished: :scream_cat:
IMG_20201028_085206.jpg
Nice impression! Definitely inviting..

Oct 28, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #1,026 of 13,713
Nice impression! Definitely inviting..
And it's coming from my heart all the way man... As strange as it sounds... Got them in hand 1 month ago and hadn't listened to them till today...
First thought :is this a bass light earphone??
But soon after: Nope... It's just a superb balanced iem with brilliant sub bass respond and the the most amazing air flow between voices & instruments I have personally ever heard.... :thinking: :wink: :astonished:
The definition of transparency as well you know.... :v:
IMG_20201028_085359.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #1,027 of 13,713
And it's coming from my heart all the way man... As strange as it sounds... Got them in hand 1 month ago and hadn't listened to them till today...
First thought :is this a bass light earphone??
But soon after: Nope... It's just a superb balanced iem with brilliant sub bass respond and the the most amazing air flow between voices & instruments I have personally ever heard.... :thinking: :wink: :astonished:
The definition of transparency as well you know.... :v:
IMG_20201028_085359.jpg
I see you have the S6 Rui as well. How does it compare to the Orb and Tea?

Oct 28, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #1,028 of 13,713
I see you have the S6 Rui as well. How does it compare to the Orb and Tea?
Mangird is way more spacious sounding earphone lush and transparent vocals
The airy atmosphere on the Teas is out of comparison on both of them
S6Rui is more prominent on the mid bass area and the kick is more noticeable there mainly to S6Rui's tuning which is way more of a fun iem to listen to. In terms of overall bass impact goes this way:
H40>S6RUI >Penon Orb>Mangird Tea
BUT.
.. not to imply that the Teas haven't any authority or noticeable kick on the bass region....
On the contrary... It's the most sub bass focused iem probably (to my ears at least) in comparison with the rest three iems already mentioned above, and the most neutral/balanced at the same time between those as well... reference sounding comes in mind (it's the closest term to describe how the Teas sound) alway in comparison to H40/ORBs/S6Rui
The ORBS have the perfect bass and the most emotional moving vocals
H40 has my favorite timbre and overal signature
S6Rui is a master at coherent and fun sound
Mangird Tea is the king of airy and reference sound with totally transparent vocals as well
I love them.all....... :kissing_cat: :blush:
IMG_20201028_124451.jpg

Oct 28, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #1,029 of 13,713
Mangird is way more spacious sounding earphone lush and transparent vocals
The airy atmosphere on the Teas is out of comparison on both of them
S6Rui is more prominent on the mid bass area and the kick is more noticeable there mainly to S6Rui's tuning which is way more of a fun iem to listen to. In terms of overall bass impact goes this way:
H40>S6RUI >Penon Orb>Mangird Tea
BUT.
.. not to imply that the Teas haven't any authority or noticeable kick on the bass region....
On the contrary... It's the most sub bass focused iem probably (to my ears at least) in comparison with the rest three iems already mentioned above, and the most neutral/balanced at the same time between those as well... reference sounding comes in mind (it's the closest term to describe how the Teas sound) alway in comparison to H40/ORBs/S6Rui
The ORBS have the perfect bass and the most emotional moving vocals
H40 has my favorite timbre and overal signature
S6Rui is a master at coherent and fun sound
Mangird Tea is the king of airy and reference sound with totally transparent vocals as well
I love them.all....... :kissing_cat: :blush:
IMG_20201028_124451.jpg
I love it how you provide a beautiful picture with your posts. Adds a visual appeal.

Bass wise I understood the comparison. What about the sounstage, separation and cleanliness/transparency? Orb trumps over S6 Rui? I believe Tea trumps Orb in those departments.

Oct 28, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #1,030 of 13,713
I love it how you provide a beautiful picture with your posts. Adds a visual appeal.

Bass wise I understood the comparison. What about the sounstage, separation and cleanliness/transparency? Orb trumps over S6 Rui? I believe Tea trumps Orb in those departments.
Thanks a lot for your nice words man..
Please keep in my mind the early excitement factor of the first audition (regarding the Teas that is.. )
But yes.. I loved them right out of the box At the moment the first notes ringed at my ear drums......
Let me put it this way in order to be more helpful man :
If I had to choose to keep only one between those 4 iems today, I would definitely keep the Mangird Tea....
Definitely those, as much as I love H40's Soundstage which is more than impressive as well I would choose the Teas....
Soundstage and air flow are more of subjective issues and prone to each individual's sound perception I believe
To my opinion H40 is the king of depth/width in terms of soundstage of them all, but it's mainly to it's tuning that perception, it's an absolute fun earphone with weight and authority
The ORBS must be brilliantly tuned for mids and vocals overall and adding a dynamic authoritative bass responds to that mix makes a delightful earphone to listen to...
S6Rui is consistent and coherent at much higher volumes with clear coherent mids, great slam & impact between 20 and 250 hz but not bass heavy, or overly sub bass focused
To summarize, if I was told that the Teas were priced similarly to S6Rui I would have chosen the Teas instead of S6Rui (which cost over 400 bucks)
I repeat :imaging, resolution, sonics goes to the Teas eyes closed......
If you like more thick and weighty sound it's S6Rui /H40 or the Orbs
If you enjoy a reference/linear type of sound(lush and spacious with tones of air too) you go with the Teas period.....
:scream_cat: :wink:
And to be more specific and answer directly to you
In terms of cleanliness/transparency I consider S6Rui & the ORBS almost equal
In terms of sounstage, separation the Oskar goes to S6Rui, (those have superb instrument placement and slightly more soundstage depth)
Nevertheless vocals sound more liquid and emotional on the ORBS (I do consider vocals there amazing)
And YES you got it correcty the Teas overal are one step above them all, in every aspect.....

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #1,031 of 13,713
Thanks a lot for your nice words man..
Please keep in my mind the early excitement factor of the first audition (regarding the Teas that is.. )
But yes.. I loved them right out of the box At the moment the first notes ringed at my ear drums......
Let me put it this way in order to be more helpful man :
If I had to choose to keep only one between those 4 iems today, I would definitely keep the Mangird Tea....
Definitely those, as much as I love H40's Soundstage which is more than impressive as well I would choose the Teas....
Soundstage and air flow are more of subjective issues and prone to each individual's sound perception I believe
To my opinion H40 is the king of depth/width in terms of soundstage of them all, but it's mainly to it's tuning that perception, it's an absolute fun earphone with weight and authority
The ORBS must be brilliantly tuned for mids and vocals overall and adding a dynamic authoritative bass responds to that mix makes a delightful earphone to listen to...
S6Rui is consistent and coherent at much higher volumes with clear coherent mids, great slam & impact between 20 and 250 hz but not bass heavy, or overly sub bass focused
To summarize, if I was told that the Teas were priced similarly to S6Rui I would have chosen the Teas instead of S6Rui (which cost over 400 bucks)
I repeat :imaging, resolution, sonics goes to the Teas eyes closed......
If you like more thick and weighty sound it's S6Rui /H40 or the Orbs
If you enjoy a reference/linear type of sound(lush and spacious with tones of air too) you go with the Teas period.....
:scream_cat: :wink:
And to be more specific and answer directly to you
In terms of cleanliness/transparency I consider S6Rui & the ORBS almost equal
In terms of sounstage, separation the Oskar goes to S6Rui, (those have superb instrument placement and slightly more soundstage depth)
Nevertheless vocals sound more liquid and emotional on the ORBS (I do consider vocals there amazing)
And YES you got it correcty the Teas overal are one step above them all, in every aspect.....
I see...so that means the S6rui and Orb are not so far apart. Okay... does the s6 rui have the same foggy background like Orb?

Oct 28, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #1,032 of 13,713
I see...so that means the S6rui and Orb are not so far apart. Okay... does the s6 rui have the same foggy like Orb?
What do you mean by this?
Please elaborate on this
Be more precise please

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #1,034 of 13,713
What do you mean by this?
Please elaborate on this
Be more precise please
There are plenty of space between different sounds in a track while played from Orb, just that those space have a slight foggy mask, the background is not as clear as, say, Tea. Not talking about the clarity of the notes, talking about the background.

Oct 29, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #1,035 of 13,713
There are plenty of space between different sounds in a track while played from Orb, just that those space have a slight foggy mask, the background is not as clear as, say, Tea. Not talking about the clarity of the notes, talking about the background.
Yes,i understand now how you put it....by memory i believe that S6Rui is totally black background,very silent ,BUT i ll be checking that out during the day in order to confirm it again
apart from that, the notes on 6SRui have more weight (its more of a weighty,solid coherent sound in much higher volumes but not in the cost of transparency though, saying that cause S6Rui is transparent sounding as welI....The only downside is that.....when you come across with an earphone such as the Teas (much lower priced), you may wonder why the hell you spent so many on S6Rui in the first place.......my belief...) :angry::weary:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back