The PENON official thread
Jul 20, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #5,296 of 13,710
Paulaner and Vortex are an excellent match.

Polaner and Vortex are also a good match. Especially when they are both blue.
1658357182308.png

Jul 20, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #5,298 of 13,710
My Vortex on classifieds if anyone in EU is interested... a great set but I've too many and not enough hours in the day, trying with difficulty to reduce the collection!
If I may ask, why are you keeping the Autumn and selling the Vortex? Also with the other stuff you have why aren't you selling the Autumn as well? :)

Jul 22, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #5,300 of 13,710
Had to take care of some chores so I took the Globes with me to the outside world and wow, they do a damn good job with isolation. And that's with the flimsy ePro tips, I would imagine the isolation is even better with some thicker tips. Could enjoy music at a very reasonable volume even when walking alongside a somewhat busy road, which was a nice surprise.

I'm running into some comfort issues with these (the shells push against my ears a bit at times, it doesn't hurt while wearing them but afterwards the spots are a bit sore for a while, and occasionally the tips get uncomfortable in a way that I haven't been able to find words for yet lol, like they heat up a bit and exert pressure on my ear canal) but nothing major or dealbreaking at all, and I'm really happy it isn't cause **** if I'm not enjoying these more and more every day.
I have both the Globe and Volt and love them dearly. I will say fit could be an issue for you with the Volts. They are definately larger and heavier. For me the Globe's are noticably more comfortable and lightweight. Still my ears take the Volt just fine (but wouldn't want bigger), and I can listen for extended periods. I also broke my Volt cable (I am clumsy) and ordered a different one which is more flexible. This did help with perception of weight. However, this can be a deciding factor for me when choosing which to listen to. If I want to be more portable like the instance you are referencing with being outdoors and doing chores, I am going with the Globes. Sleep also goes to the Globe, though sometimes I get greedy and try to pull it off with the Volt anyway. In fact that is how I bent two pins on my new cable (told you I was clumsy).

Not sure if you know of anyone or where you could try the Volt, but the size may be fatiguing to your ears. The other problem is they seem to be difficult to resell, probably because they are not the FOTM. This can also lead to amazing deals. That is how I got mine!

If you love the Globes, then you can be pretty sure you will love the Volts, as already stated I too think they are a direct upgrade.

VOLT Volt Volt Volt Volt Volt!!!!!....Sorry I needed to do that, as the word count for the Volt has been dwindling with the rise of Penon's new offerings.

Long Live the VOLT!

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #5,302 of 13,710
Jul 23, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #5,304 of 13,710
Hooked up my recently delivered XINHS Graphene 4 core, looks nice anyway! I've had the 8 core version a while, a bit too thick/heavy for a lot of my IEMs, especially something as small as Vortex. This 4 core is much better, a very light and soft cable.

Do you hear any différence on sound, with the standard câble ?

Jul 23, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #5,307 of 13,710
DSC00112.JPG

Sipping on some Coffee on a hot July day. Listening to some optimized Serial action amped. If you haven't tried amping the Serials. I highly recommend it. It is brilliant beyond words listening to this exact track.

Can I get some Serial luv up in here? Love how good the Vortex sounds on the signature here. Where the Serial has a one up on the Vortex is width of stage. These things expand like crazy for head stage using an amp.

Jul 23, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #5,309 of 13,710
Do the pins go all the way into the IEMs with your cable?
The XINHS cable with stock ends use the slightly recessed 0.78mm they work well on most IEM without putting stress on the pins. You can ask for different types.

Attachments

• 20220723_114529.jpg
    20220723_114529.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220723_114504.jpg
    20220723_114504.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jul 23, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #5,310 of 13,710
I decided to have a quick listen to Vortex tonight... my classifieds listing is closed.

Penon really managed to do something different with the Vortex but remain true to their full treatment of the midrange.

I love my set and I'm in the middle of writing a review of it. Also considering getting the Serial next month for when things call for a fuller subbass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back