The PENON official thread
May 25, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #2,671 of 13,660
IMG_20210525_162848.jpg

May 25, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #2,672 of 13,660
Using the E-pros on the Globes:

Further to the concept of Horn loaded tips
can be read here...
1621963726931.png

The result, it doesn't add any bass, mids or treble lift of any kind, rather amplify what's already there and ready to transmit.
The bass has better dispersion, better definition, better texture - quality wise, mids - better body, natural trebles - they're bright but not peaky, not piercing.
Staging - has all axes increased, more out of head - than the stock out of head. You'll appreciate the very good depth they render.
And when we get better depth - holographic imaging improves...

May 25, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #2,674 of 13,660
I think it’d be great if you could include the diameter for each as reference should anyone are interested with these ePros.
Sure, i'll prep em...

May 25, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #2,675 of 13,660

can be read here...
1621963726931.png

The result, it doesn't add any bass, mids or treble lift of any kind, rather amplify what's already there and ready to transmit.
The bass has better dispersion, better definition, better texture - quality wise, mids - better body, natural trebles - they're bright but not peaky, not piercing.
Staging - has all axes increased, more out of head - than the stock out of head. You'll appreciate the very good depth they render.
This impressions are with ePros inverted or standard?

May 25, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #2,676 of 13,660
May 25, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #2,677 of 13,660
I think it’d be great if you could include the diameter for each as reference should anyone are interested with these ePros.
Whether they are as is or inverted, they maintain their outer diameter..
e-prosizes.png

However, as per the terms in the literature / link below, upon inversion we effectively increased the "mouth" of our tips and therefore achieve a larger nozzle extension diameter.
We also effectively improved the throat to mouth proportions in the inversion process...

can be read here...
1621963726931.png

May 25, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #2,679 of 13,660
Whether they are as is or inverted, they maintain their outer diameter..
e-prosizes.png
However, as per the terms in the literature / link below, upon inversion we effectively increased the "mouth" of our tips and therefore achieve a larger nozzle extension diameter.
We also effectively improved the throat to mouth proportions in the inversion process...
Fantastic work @ehjie :thumbsup:

May 25, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #2,680 of 13,660
May 25, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #2,681 of 13,660
From the Penon twitter feed, looks like somebody beat me to it, lols. congrats to the early buyers...

1621979970722.png

May 25, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #2,683 of 13,660
All (4) DD from the penon range dont' have flex / suction effect upon insertion, the Sphere being (1) BA.

Concerning shell profile the Globes are even smaller compared to the previously smallest shell - the Sphere.
∴ The Globes are the smallest profile in the current Penon range...
thank you for the pic. that makes the Globes even more attractive to own.

May 25, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #2,684 of 13,660
I recently picked up the Fan. It is still in burn-in phase. It has surpringly good sonics for the price. It needs more juice than an iDevice for fuller sub-bass and lower mid-range: typical delicious Penon house sound. But directly out of an iPad, curiously, the Fan sounds (tuning) like much better performing (texture, mcrodynamics, instrument layering, soundstage in all axes) Moondrop Aria. But still early as only 30 hours of burn-in for the Fan. The Fan being about 2x the price of the Aria but still… I wonder what ePro Horns might do for the Fan?

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #2,685 of 13,660
That’s a fantastic looking spc cable!
From specs it looks like the Orbit is much beefier with 616 vs 392 strands.
Though the OS849 contains 8% or 10μm plated silver, I think the sheer amount of strands on the Orbit will likely contain more silver, just guessing.
Anyone here has both the Orbit & OS849?
DSC08150.JPG

Both cables are excellent they are both fundamentally SPC or silver plated copper cables. The real differences between the two are actually the types of copper cables that make up the foundation for the cables. The OS849 is a 6N crystal copper vs the Orbit being silver plating on OCC copper. Both are very high quality and are clear upgrades to just about any throw in earphone cables.

There are differences in how the cables present your sound. I used my IT04 on the left there for the test going back n forth on my Fiio M15 and I have these cables on these two earphones for a reason. Both these cables are thick but the 8 core OS849 is still utilizes more material and has a tighter weave vs a looser weave on the 4 cored Orbit.

OS849 is very balanced in what it does. Has enough silver content to enhance detail with a good 68% of the material being copper which enhances dynamics and fullness. The OS849 has the upper hand in stage enhancement but the Orbit has the upper hand in detail in return. Hence I have an already detailed IT04 which matches up extremely well with the old IT04 which uses some very nice higher end BAs. The Orbit on the old FDX1 since it enhances imaging and adds some fullness to the sound of the FD1X. It matches up perfectly with its neutralish tuning.

Both are excellent and versatile in how they present your music. They are really like two brothers from the same mother with slight differences but otherwise on a similar level in cable land.
DSC08151.JPG
8 cores of crystal copper plated in silver OS849 or 4 thicker cores of OCC silver plated in the Orbit. Pick your poison.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back