The PENON official thread
Mar 23, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #2,311 of 13,799
Why does Penon’s least expensive Fan have the most beautiful faceplate?

Mar 23, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #2,313 of 13,799
actually i like Penon Orb Build quality more xD
i have lot of IEM with fancy faceplate, it just the simplicity of clear faceplate with every driver placed beautifully that works for me
I actually REALLY like the looks of the Orb. Somehow, it pulls off the all-transparent look exceptionally well. I do like the red and blue material in them. It’s not really the build quality of the Fan that I’m commenting on (though I think its build quality is really good), it’s the beautiful faceplate.

Mar 23, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #2,314 of 13,799
Thanks for reply! I'm even more pumped about Globe now :)
I almost purchased Globe but I still haven't got the cable from Penon, which I bought btw 27.02 and still no sign of it in Norway where I live. So it goes with the standart shipping :wink:

Someone here said that Penon Orb with this os849 cable gets noticeably better. I wonder how would that combo stuck up against Globe or Dunu sa6 :)

Ps Headbanging yeah! ...and my journey in to the extreme have been catapulted with( among others) Toxicity album :)
i can concur this pairing. it works very well on my set.
For now i'm enjoying (very much) the Globe as they are...

Mar 23, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #2,315 of 13,799
Thanks for reply! I'm even more pumped about Globe now :)
I almost purchased Globe but I still haven't got the cable from Penon, which I bought btw 27.02 and still no sign of it in Norway where I live. So it goes with the standart shipping :wink:

Someone here said that Penon Orb with this os849 cable gets noticeably better. I wonder how would that combo stuck up against Globe or Dunu sa6 :)

Ps Headbanging yeah! ...and my journey in to the extreme have been catapulted with( among others) Toxicity album :)

You need to send them a message. they always respond...

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #2,317 of 13,799
Quite busy lately hence my inactivity. Starting to get back to the hobby. Received some PMs regarding my take on the Globe. Quick impression on the Globe will be the bass is articulated well with agility and each hit is precise. The midrange is imbued with a slight tinge of warmth and transparency is maintained at a high standard. Vocals are expressed cleanly with fantastic clarity. Treble is light, airy and extended. Soundstage is pretty open. Hope this helps.

Looks gorgeous!!
Is it the upgrade over the ORB Or just a side grade?

Mar 24, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #2,318 of 13,799
Would you mind comparing to the Blessing 2 and Dusk? Thanks!
I would imagine the Dusk version would be more similar to the tonality and technicalties of the Globe. I have the standard blessing 2 and revisited the earphone recently to do a comparitons the Rose QT-9 Mk2. Stage and technicalities are on a similar level but where the big difference is dynamics. Blessing 2 is guilty of being a bit on the boring. I doubt anyone is gonna say the Globe will be boring. lol. Blessing 2 is a bit on the bright side due to the ample upper mids and a neutral FR. It has a capable bass driver but moondrop is guilty of detuning the bass end hense the need for a Dusk version to wake up a bit of that driver.

I can't speak for the Dusk version but Globe with its rich mid range now with excellent treble extension/ presence mixed with a big dynamic flare and large stage. You can say the Globe is a more colored sound but it is colored in a way that is more engaging. Blessing 2 is more closer to a neutral type tuning so some might like it better but obviously some felt it was a bit too strictly harmon like and hense a need for a revision.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #2,319 of 13,799
Hi everyone, long time lurker here and that's my first post :)

because of your recommendations I bought Penon Orb and really happy with it. Waiting currently on the Penon cable you guys recommended also( os849 I think it's called).

I want to buy new iem and deciding between Dunu sa6 and Penon Globe.
Listening mostly to metal(death/black/prog/dissonant stuff). I'm eagerly waiting for more impressions of the Globe and how would that work for very fast paced, dynamic music that's often quite nuanced and poorly mastered.

Penon Orb serves me mostly well, but it's not the most technical iem and some treble extension is indeed missing. Have a feeling that bass is not the fastest one, but I love it anyway :)

Can anyone guide me here towards Globe, Dunu sa6 or maybe something else to use mostly for extreme metal?(Not convinced about either Lz A7 or Um 3dt) Balanced, musical and warmish sound, that has nice technical foundation without sharpness is my preference. I would like to complement my Orb with something a bit different but from the same planet if that makes sense :)

thanks for tones of great advice I've got already!

best regards to all here :)

The Globe w/ the OS849, very fluid, Dense, Dynamic, open, sparkling...
IMG_20210324_194128.jpg

"Dorian" - Agnes Obel ; Fantastic separation, quality of instruments, the voices. This scene is no sweat for the Globe...

Mar 24, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #2,321 of 13,799
I would imagine the Dusk version would be more similar to the tonality and technicalties of the Globe. I have the standard blessing 2 and revisited the earphone recently to do a comparitons the Rose QT-9 Mk2. Stage and technicalities are on a similar level but where the big difference is dynamics. Blessing 2 is guilty of being a bit on the boring. I doubt anyone is gonna say the Globe will be boring. lol. Blessing 2 is a bit on the bright side due to the ample upper mids and a neutral FR. It has a capable bass driver but moondrop is guilty of detuning the bass end hense the need for a Dusk version to wake up a bit of that driver.

I can't speak for the Dusk version but Globe with its rich mid range now with excellent treble extension/ presence mixed with a big dynamic flare and large stage. You can say the Globe is a more colored sound but it is colored in a way that is more engaging. Blessing 2 is more closer to a neutral type tuning so some might like it better but obviously some felt it was a bit too strictly harmon like and hense a need for a revision.
Thanks, @Dsnuts. How about timbre between the OG B2 and the Globe? I have read varying opinions regarding the B2's timbre.

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #2,323 of 13,799
Globe has a warmer smoother richer timbre Sonion BA I would assume. B2 is more sharper a bit cleaner and dry for timbre

B2 really is more analytical in the tuning approach vs the much more musical Globe presentation. They have complimentary tunings actually.
Thanks. Is the Globe vented well and thus lacking that vacuum pressure feeling in the ear? I am super sensitive to that back pressure/vacuum effect.

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #2,324 of 13,799
Thanks. Is the Globe vented well and thus lacking that vacuum pressure feeling in the ear? I am super sensitive to that back pressure/vacuum effect.
It’s vented and I don’t feel any pressure buildup

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #2,325 of 13,799
It’s vented and I don’t feel any pressure buildup
And you are another person i would like some insight from, if you don't mind. How is the Globe for classical, notably violin and oboe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back