The PENON official thread
Mar 17, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #2,236 of 13,742
I would imagine it has more refinements to the sonics. Better treble presence than the orbs using a knowles BA for treble ranges. Looks like they havn't changed the Sonion BA for mids which is a good thing and possibly using same or better 10mm dynamic. Based on that roomy housing I bet it sounds large and spacious too.

Mar 17, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #2,237 of 13,742
Has anyone looked into the possibility that the Penon Volt is a clone of the Shuoer EJ07. They seem to be identical in shape and driver config with just a faceplate change. The Tri Starlight and **** ST7 also seem to be identical in configuration and shape but with different faceplates. I can't speak to the tuning but it seems plausible that all 4 of these models may be manufactured by the same company. I have a set of the Tri Starlights on order and hope to have them in the next 7-10 days.

Mar 17, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #2,238 of 13,742
Has anyone looked into the possibility that the Penon Volt is a clone of the Shuoer EJ07. They seem to be identical in shape and driver config with just a faceplate change. The Tri Starlight and **** ST7 also seem to be identical in configuration and shape but with different faceplates. I can't speak to the tuning but it seems plausible that all 4 of these models may be manufactured by the same company. I have a set of the Tri Starlights on order and hope to have them in the next 7-10 days.
The TRI Starlights are worth every penny, in my view. I cannot comment on the similarities you mentioned, as I do not own any of the other IEMs.

Let us know (on the TRI thread) what you think of the TRI Starlights when you eventually get them in your ears.

Mar 17, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #2,239 of 13,742
Mar 17, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #2,240 of 13,742
I think our best guess is that all 4 IEMs are manufactured by the same OEM, and have the same driver complement and same shell. I know the Volt has a Penon specific DD, that is different from the EJ07’s. I’m not sure how the other drivers may or may not differ between the 4 brands. The tunings of the EJ07, Volt, and Starlight are different, and perhaps the ST7 is tuned very much like the EJ07.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #2,241 of 13,742
Ultimately, the sound is all the truly matters, and it would be really great if one person were able to graph all 4 IEMs on the same equipment for direct comparison. Subjective head-to-head comparisons would also be very welcome.

There is one member who posted a brief comparison between the Volt and EJ07 on this thread. That person happened to prefer the Volt, but everyone’s tastes are different.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #2,242 of 13,742
The TRI Starlights are worth every penny, in my view. I cannot comment on the similarities you mentioned, as I do not own any of the other IEMs.

Let us know (on the TRI thread) what you think of the TRI Starlights when you eventually get them in your ears.
I will do that. I took a gamble that they will at least be in the ballpark of the EJ07 as far as tonality and details. There were only a couple reviews that I could find one of which was Zeos. I would not normally rely solely on his remarks when making such a costly decision but with the other details I gleaned from the web I decided to take the risk. Sounds like you are happy so that's a little more comforting. Thanks for your feedback.

Mar 17, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #2,243 of 13,742
Ultimately, the sound is all the truly matters, and it would be really great if one person were able to graph all 4 IEMs on the same equipment for direct comparison. Subjective head-to-head comparisons would also be very welcome.

There is one member who posted a brief comparison between the Volt and EJ07 on this thread. That person happened to prefer the Volt, but everyone’s tastes are different.
Yeah a direct comparison would be really helpful. I feel fairly certain of the connection between the EJ07, ST07 and Starlight. Just a hunch on the Volt. Even if they are slightly different in the driver config or tuning they may still be manufactured in the same facility. The Starlights are made to order and I believe the ST07 are as well but I believe EJ07 and Volt are "In Stock". It does not appear the Starlights and ST07 benefited from review samples being sent out like perhaps the EJ07 and Volt.

Mar 17, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #2,244 of 13,742
Yeah a direct comparison would be really helpful. I feel fairly certain of the connection between the EJ07, ST07 and Starlight. Just a hunch on the Volt. Even if they are slightly different in the driver config or tuning they may still be manufactured in the same facility. The Starlights are made to order and I believe the ST07 are as well but I believe EJ07 and Volt are "In Stock". It does not appear the Starlights and ST07 benefited from review samples being sent out like perhaps the EJ07 and Volt.
Zeos appears to be the only person who had s review set........jammy!

Mar 18, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #2,245 of 13,742

I have inquired about the same topic before. It was October of last year when the same claim surfaced here in this thread. Some people noticed the similarities on the configuration, not only with the Shuoer IEM, but also with another IEM from YY brand on AE. I had to confirm with them as I have been a long time customer. It will be disappointing for me if they start to use OEMs of newer brands with (usually) cheaper offerings. I was told by Penon that the Volt and Orb were long before made as their project and were just released quite late. They were cautious of the dynamic drivers being copied that's why we don't see any brand mentioned in their respective specs sheets (Orb and Volt), and they made sure to procure custom made drivers for those two IEMs. Actually, I'm not sure whether they only commissioned and procured those or even helped with the production. That's what I remember mostly about what they told me when I inquired on the matter.

Mar 20, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #2,246 of 13,742
Ordered!
1616219625355.png

All of us expecting ALL (or most) of our comments have been addressed!

Mar 20, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #2,247 of 13,742
Hmmmm.....interesting.

Thats coming up in the Penon Globe. It will have one DD and two BAs, and the dedicated BA supertweeter will provide very extended treble!

THIS IS A JOKE. I HAVE NO INSIDE INFORMATION.

Mar 20, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #2,248 of 13,742
Rank your IEMs, looks like a pair will be going out of the list very soon :ksc75smile:

Mar 20, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #2,249 of 13,742
Sphere, Orb >>> Globe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back