The PA2V2 Thread
Apr 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #646 of 752
Mines back somewhere at 8k...I think.

May 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #647 of 752
Hello, do u recommend this amp with HTC One and Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 in ears? Can I get a better sound quality for example when I used an Iphone 4s as one source?

Hope to hear some feedbacks

May 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #648 of 752
From what I recall If you use the AC adapter, 6 to 8 hrs should be sufficient for a full charge If in doubt about how much charge is remaining (which is usually the case) as long as you don't exceed 6 hrs to re-charge you should be fine. After that forget about it, it will be quite a while before it needs a charge again.
One solution is to get some kind of charge meter But you would not buy a inexpensive amp and then except to spend more on a meter. If I have doubts and expect to travel, I just do the 6 hr recharge, it has not failed me yet after 2 years. .

May 28, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #649 of 752
Would this little headphone amp be OK to use while jogging and exercising?...My worry is that the batteries could come loose...I'd probably put it in a spandex  fanny pack so it wouldn't move around much...I'm using a 16G  Ipod Nano with Sennheiser PX100-11i portable headphones...Would the Filo E7  be better for working out?..It looks to be the same size as the Nano...I also have a Sony portable CD player that may or may not need any more power...Those 30 Ohm Sennheiser headphones are very efficient and sound fantastic...I was using Koss Porta Pro's with the Nano but I'm maxing out the volume..I need more kick (power) obviously...Also I assume that the little remote for the Sennheiser's (that skips IPOD  tracks and controls volume) wouldn't work anymore if it was used with the PA2V2?

Thoughts?

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #650 of 752
Quote:
i bought mine a while ago (#10675) and love it except..... I emailed Gary about getting one and boy does he reply fast! I thought about it for while and forgot all about it until I came here again. then I emailed again and placed my order. Got confirm super fast again (does he sleep by his computer? lol). Same time i ordered a Fiio L3 LOD for it to use with my itouch/ipod

both came and when I tried it out, loved it.. but after a few days, I couldnt get any sound out of one side of my earphones. Tried different pair of earphones and same thing. hmm Got on amazon again and ordered another LOD, this time a L9 since I'd rather have the L-shaped style. I was hoping it was the LOD that was defective.

New lod came and again, no sound out of the one side of my earphones BUT, if you shake your earphone plug or the LOD cable, the sound would come out. I finally figured it was a defective amp so I emailed Gary and... no reply. Waited a while and emailed again about getting it fixed and... no reply. Oh well, it was a "cheap" amp and if you move the cables just right, it works fine.

only other negative I can say about this amp ( i still love it) is if you bump it around, the battery inside comes loose. I thought my battery finally drained (battery life is amazing) and plugged it in to charge up. After hour or two, it didnt play. When I opened it up, duh the battery came out of the holder.

I fold few layers of paper tissue and put them over the batteries so that they don't get loose.

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #651 of 752
Quote:
Would this little headphone amp be OK to use while jogging and exercising?...My worry is that the batteries could come loose...I'd probably put it in a spandex  fanny pack so it wouldn't move around much...I'm using a 16G  Ipod Nano with Sennheiser PX100-11i portable headphones...Would the Filo E7  be better for working out?..It looks to be the same size as the Nano...I also have a Sony portable CD player that may or may not need any more power...Those 30 Ohm Sennheiser headphones are very efficient and sound fantastic...I was using Koss Porta Pro's with the Nano but I'm maxing out the volume..I need more kick (power) obviously...Also I assume that the little remote for the Sennheiser's (that skips IPOD  tracks and controls volume) wouldn't work anymore if it was used with the PA2V2?

Thoughts?

For me, it would be a bit too fat for jogging.
Also, it is heavier than it looks, so you might be running holding it in your hand.

If you are considering to use a remote, then you cannot use this because the amp is not designed to pass through the remote controls.
If you are not using the line-out from your ipod, you can use something like AT337iS but it would be too messy to run with all the wires.

I wouldn't recommend using PA2V2 for jogging.

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #652 of 752
Quote:
From what I recall If you use the AC adapter, 6 to 8 hrs should be sufficient for a full charge If in doubt about how much charge is remaining (which is usually the case) as long as you don't exceed 6 hrs to re-charge you should be fine. After that forget about it, it will be quite a while before it needs a charge again.
One solution is to get some kind of charge meter But you would not buy a inexpensive amp and then except to spend more on a meter. If I have doubts and expect to travel, I just do the 6 hr recharge, it has not failed me yet after 2 years. .

Gary actually recommends to charge the amp "turned-ON" so it won't over-charge.
How long you need to recharge really depends on the capacity of your rechargeable batteries. If they are 2500mA each, it might take more time.
But general guide line is to charge the amp while turned ON and charge it over night(which is close to what you are recommending).

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #654 of 752
I just recieved a PA2V2 second hand. It is missing one of the two housing screws. Does anyone know what type of screw those are and or where I could find a replacement?

Thanks!

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #656 of 752
I noticed that Gary suggests to use the PA2V2 "In a vehicle between a portable player and the AUX input jack"... so I had to try it. Wow, this little thing instantly turns my Elantra's crappy stock stereo into a rather decent system! Night and day. Easily, the best bang-for-the-buck upgrade anyone can make to their car audio.

Jun 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #657 of 752
I can confirm what everyone says about Gary.  He is a real nice guy.

I do like to add one additional detail.

The lifetime warranty is for the Gary's life time.  Keep this in mind.

Gary is currently 35 years old.  I emailed him to tell him to keep in shape, eat his vegetables, avoid dangerous activities.  He thinks he can keep this up until he is 65 or so. and possibly longer

So.. realistic 30 years of this thing covered by Gary's lifetime will be gravy.  Who knows in 30 years.. we may have aux ports in our heads.

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #660 of 752

Users who are viewing this thread

Back