The PA2V2 Thread
Sep 30, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #391 of 752
Do you use it with batteries or accus?

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #393 of 752
Thats why I am asking. I have had also some issues with noise becuase I ve used normal batteries and after replacing them by rechargeable ones and adjusting the internal potis everything was fine!!

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #395 of 752
This might be a silly question but how do you know when the batteries are fully charged and does anyone know if it's safe to just leave it plugged in all the time? I guess I'm wondering if it has a circuit in it that would prevent it from over charging the batteries.

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #396 of 752
Unfortunately, the amp does not have a charge level indicator nor does it have overcharge protection circuitry, but you can leave the amp on and plugged in.  Just don't leave it plugged in and turned off for more than eight hours at a time. 

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #398 of 752
5 years since purchase and I'm still rockin' the PA2V2 (my first amp)....Listening to this right now...Good times....  I also posted this pic in the Ultrasone Fan thread because I am an Ultrasone freak as well (sounds great with the "Sones)...Life is short...Play hard...Good times 
beerchug.gif

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #399 of 752
I wouldn't leave it plugged in as this will affect the sound and the battery life from the PA2V2 is absolutely phenomenal. I carry two extra charged batteries that I replace when the other ones go as I don't have (and don't need) the wall charger. I know that the batteries are going off when I hear a noticeable degradation in sound quality. One alternative for you is to recharge after, say, 60 hours though your batteries will last much longer than that.

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #400 of 752
As far as using this amp with a "wal wart" it shoudnt make a difference.....the amp has built in voltage regulators to allow the proper supply voltage. The worst thing you can do with rechargeable batteries is use them for a couple hours and then recharge them. They will assume a "memory" of usage and then be available for that amount of time. You really must drain them and then recharge them to get the most out of them,...so after your last use go ahead and let them play off your head all night....same for your DAP. I do not own one of these but have listened to a couple and I must say they are a great portable amp.....priced right!

Sep 30, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #401 of 752

Quote:

I am using it near my laptop, could that have an affect on it? I wouldn't think it would have this kind
of effect. I could be wrong though

But the PA2V2 isn't shielded, so it's susceptible to interference. And just about anything that runs on electricity could generate that interference--not a definite, but possible.

Oct 1, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #403 of 752
[COLOR=FF00AA]As far as using this amp with a "wal wart" it shoudnt make a difference[/COLOR].....the amp has built in voltage regulators to allow the proper supply voltage. The worst thing you can do with rechargeable batteries is use them for a couple hours and then recharge them. They will assume a "memory" of usage and then be available for that amount of time. You really must drain them and then recharge them to get the most out of them,...so after your last use go ahead and let them play off your head all night....same for your DAP. I do not own one of these but have listened to a couple and I must say they are a great portable amp.....priced right!

But it does and Gary states quite clearly that the best sound is obtained from NiMH rechargeables - he bui8lt the thing so he should know.

Oct 1, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #404 of 752
Thats right and he said that his built in OPA works very good with the lower voltage of 2.4 V. Nevertheless I have had the issue of significant noise when using normal batteries..

Oct 1, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #405 of 752
I heard from Gary today and I've sent my unit to him for repair and a little updating. His attention to customer service really is second to none and a lovely guy too. Can't wait to get it back and tie it up to my old Denon AH-C751s and Sony NWZ-A818 

Thanks Gary you're a star mate. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back