The PA2V2 Thread
Sep 18, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #376 of 752

Quote:
I also own a PA2V2 (see avatar).  I am using it also as a portable amp for my M-Audio CX5 studio monitors to play music with my iPod.  The CX5s are powered monitors but the source straight from the iPod is just not very powerful input.  So the PA2V2 is also used for my home audio setup as well as on the go.

Gary is a wonderful guy.....not to mention we graduated from the same university where he initially designed the first amp that won him an award.  :)

Hm? In terms of power, why does it matter what you're using as source--unless you were connecting the iPod to CX5 using the headphone out? 

Sep 21, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #381 of 752
LOD is definitely a MUST if you're using ipod, ipad, iphone.
Anyay its such a hassle to have two controls of the volume if you are connecting via the headphone out.
LOD just make the sound a lot better and one point of volume control from the PA2v2 itself.

Sep 27, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #382 of 752

Quote:
LOD is definitely a MUST if you're using ipod, ipad, iphone.
Anyay its such a hassle to have two controls of the volume if you are connecting via the headphone out.
LOD just make the sound a lot better and one point of volume control from the PA2v2 itself.

I have a Fiio L9 LOD but when i use it with my iphone i get some terrible interference. Im not sure if anyone else had that problem, but its really bugging me cause the sound is much better with the LOD.

Sep 27, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #383 of 752
I've got a broken one that needs repairing is it worth it? 

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #385 of 752

Quote:
I have a Fiio L9 LOD but when i use it with my iphone i get some terrible interference. Im not sure if anyone else had that problem, but its really bugging me cause the sound is much better with the LOD.

This is a common issue with amps(the PA2v2) that aren't shielded from interference caused by smart phones' wifi and 3G signals.  Try turning the wifi or 3G feature off when using the PA2v2.  I think one remedy may be lining the inside of the amp with tin or aluminum foil.

Sep 28, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #386 of 752
Sep 28, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #387 of 752
Since Gary will repair it no questions asked (lifetime warranty), what do you have to lose?

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #389 of 752

Quote:
What is broken exactly?

Thanks guys. I did email Gary but no reply as yet. Not sure what's up with it, At first if you moved it around it lost the sound out if one channel so I just put it to one side, then seeing this thread I remembered it and put in some new batteries but it doesn't power up at all, I have checked the batteries are ok. I guess Gary is in the USA so 'd have to pay postage both ways from the UK and I was wondering if it's worth doing that or just getting a fiio from Maplins etc? 

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #390 of 752

Quote:
Thanks guys. I did email Gary but no reply as yet. Not sure what's up with it, At first if you moved it around it lost the sound out if one channel so I just put it to one side, then seeing this thread I remembered it and put in some new batteries but it doesn't power up at all, I have checked the batteries are ok. I guess Gary is in the USA so 'd have to pay postage both ways from the UK and I was wondering if it's worth doing that or just getting a fiio from Maplins etc? 

He's in Canada. I'm also experiencing a bit a problem with mine. Just came in a couple days ago. There is some beeping noises. Like feedback? While listen to it. Is there anyway to fix it? Or should I send it back to Gary. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back