The PA2V2 Thread
Jan 27, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #196 of 752

You should get a LOD for your ipod, sound cleaner and clearer
Quote:
Got my PA2V2 on Tuesday and love it. Its my first amp but after a bit of listening i can hear really low frequencies more clearly and there's more punch to the bass overall. There's also a touch more clarity in mids and highs. Good product !

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #197 of 752
Purchased one two weeks ago, received it last week, hooked it up to my sansa fuze, amping my TF-10s. Played with the gains and it sounds fantastic. More bass, much cleaner trebles (I can hear every stroke of symbols being played), better sound stage. Really brings out potential in TF-10's, although the V-shaped sound curve (excellent lows and highs, very recessed mids) is really highlighted.

Poor recordings sound worse than before, as their flaws are more accurately presented.

Couple questions:

I'm playing with the gain settings (the two blue screws). The left one seems to adjust bass, the right one treble. However, coming out of my TF-10s', increasing bass just increases volume in left year, while increasing treble increases volume in right ear. Any way to solve/overcome this? I want more bass but still want balanced volume.

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #198 of 752
The gain screws are used to adjust left and right channel gain separately, not bass or treble.

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #200 of 752
That's strange. You should try your TF10's on different gear, straight from your mp3 player and computer to see if that happens. Also, try other headphones with your PA2V2 to see if it is TF10 or PA2V2 that might be faulty.

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #202 of 752

Quote:
If it is still the same after you change another set of phone, you can contact Gary, he be more happy to help you out.

+1

Gary's support is world class. Though, test your gear properly as well as PA2V2 to make sure what's happening.

Jan 28, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #203 of 752
Basically if I increase the gain on the left side, obviously the left ear piece increases in volume, but it seems the left ear produces mostly the bass sounds. If you slight the sound production right down the middle I hear mostly bottom half in left ear, upper half in right ear.

I'll probably need to get another pair of headphones for reference, as my right ear's a little more deaf than the left.

Jan 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #204 of 752
I basically stuck the right side piece into my left ear and it sounds perfectly fine, with the full range of sound. I think what's happened is my right ear is significantly worse than my left ear, didn't even notice this!

Jan 28, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #205 of 752
I was originally going with the Fiio E7 for my Fuze set up - Now I'm leaning towards this just because I don't think I'll use the DAC part of the Fiio - I just love the flush-ness and aesthetics of the E7
cool.gif

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #208 of 752
Mine just arrived yesterday and so far I'm thrilled. Gary was terrific to deal with and it arrived just as he described. Gotta love the hand built personal touch that he provides to go with his outstanding customer service. From pictures I thought he just used the standard industry plastic but I have to say, having the physical example in my hand, it's a lot more solid than I originally thought.

Feb 8, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #209 of 752

Quote:
so cool

Tip: flash off, macro setting if very close to subject, increase ambient lighting (take near window) & steady hand with elbows pinned to your sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back