The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Aug 16, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #286 of 615
Aug 18, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #288 of 615
Snapseed.jpg
They have arrived!!!

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #290 of 615
Let us know your thoughts after a couple of days burn-in. I know lots don't believe in burn-in but hey ho, I think it can make a very slight difference. Brain burn-in is more at play in my opinion.
Just trying all the different tips. Too many to choose from.

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #291 of 615
Hello,

I still have a comfort issue with my Oriveti New Primacy.
The connector is quite bulky, more angled/more vertical/less horizontal than what I was used to with Shure and Westone IEMs, therefore touches the beginning of my pinna and/or my tragus (touching area in red on the photo) and simply pulls out the IEM from my ears:
07055a1e7a65495f4f3c58aa3ae15fc8328c34e7.jpg

If I angle the IEM forward (anti-clockwise on the photo), the beginning of the connector/body touches my tragus more fimly and completely pulls out the IEM from my ear.
As you may see, I have no room to angle the IEM backward (clockwise on the photo).

Any suggestion?

I tried to get in touch with Oriveti but they ran out of solution and suggested to get in touch with the reseller...

The only things which allows the IEMs to stay in my ear canal is to over insert them.
But if I do that, the connector pushes more fimly on my tragus and/or the beginning of my pinna, what in returns pulls more firmly on the IEMS, what in return pulls more firmly in my ear canal...and it is just painful.
(But the IEM stay in the ear canal...)

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #292 of 615
Hello,

The connector is quite bulky, more angled/more vertical/less horizontal than what I was used to with Shure and Westone IEMs, therefore touches the beginning of my pinna and/or my tragus (touching area in red on the photo) and simply pulls out the IEM from my ears:

If I angle the IEM forward (anti-clockwise on the photo), the beginning of the connector/body touches my tragus more fimly and completely pulls out the IEM from my ear.
As you may see, I have no room to angle the IEM backward (clockwise on the photo).

Any suggestion?

I tried to get in touch with Oriveti but they ran out of solution and suggested to get in touch with the reseller...

The only things which allows the IEMs to stay in my ear canal is to over insert them.
But if I do that, the connector pushes more fimly on my tragus and/or the beginning of my pinna, what in returns pulls more firmly on the IEMS, what in return pulls more firmly in my ear canal...and it is just painful.

So my suggestion, use some slightly larger tips and slightly shallower insertion, you should be able to twist them slightly anti-clockwise and have them stay in. Otherwise it might be worth looking into getting some Comply foam tips for them which should also stay in your ear better. Last case if you really like the sound is some custom tips for them.

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #293 of 615
Aug 18, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #294 of 615
So my suggestion, use some slightly larger tips and slightly shallower insertion, you should be able to twist them slightly anti-clockwise and have them stay in. Otherwise it might be worth looking into getting some Comply foam tips for them which should also stay in your ear better. Last case if you really like the sound is some custom tips for them.
Hello Oscar,

Thank you for your suggestion.

This part of my post:
"The only things which allows the IEMs to stay in my ear canal is to over insert them.
(But the IEM stay in the ear canal...)"
may have been confusing. Sorry for that. :frowning2:

'Over inserting' is a pis aller.
It makes the tips 'grip' more firmly in my ear canals...but also makes the connectors push more firmly on my tragus and/or pinna...and the whole thing feels very uncomfortable.

Entry of my ear canal is quite 'flared' so larger eartips are not likely to help.
Maybe longer ones?

I guess the connector implantation just doesn't fit my ears shape. :frowning2:

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #296 of 615
Hello Oscar,

Thank you for your suggestion.

This part of my post:
"The only things which allows the IEMs to stay in my ear canal is to over insert them.
(But the IEM stay in the ear canal...)"
may have been confusing. Sorry for that. :frowning2:

'Over inserting' is a pis aller.
It makes the tips 'grip' more firmly in my ear canals...but also makes the connectors push more firmly on my tragus and/or pinna...and the whole thing feels very uncomfortable.

Entry of my ear canal is quite 'flared' so larger eartips are not likely to help.
Maybe longer ones?

I guess the connector implantation just doesn't fit my ears shape. :frowning2:

Something like the spinfit bi-flange tips might work well for you: https://penonaudio.com/SpinFit-TwinBlade-CP220-230-240

Aug 18, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #297 of 615
Hello,

Any suggestion?

Mine fit fine. I'm using the double flange tips.
IMG_5932.JPG

Aug 21, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #298 of 615
My ONP works fairly well using the stock tips. From experience, if you want the most secure fit possible, you're probably looking at finding the angle which works for you. Some IEMs were painful the first day(s) for me, but got exceptionally comfortable after I found their sweet spot. I also second SpinFit tips, or you can try Mandarins, if you want good hybrids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back