The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Sep 28, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #304 of 615
Hi!
Have anyone compared these to Noble IEM's, and/or closed-back portable over-ears?
I own the Noble X, and am considering selling them for a closed-back over-ear like Oppo PM-3, but a friend of mine strongly recommended the New Primacy, so I'm considering that as well. I don't have the opportunity to demo any of these, so I'm hoping someone else can wheigh in with their experiences :)

Sep 29, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #305 of 615
Hi!
Have anyone compared these to Noble IEM's, and/or closed-back portable over-ears?
I own the Noble X, and am considering selling them for a closed-back over-ear like Oppo PM-3, but a friend of mine strongly recommended the New Primacy, so I'm considering that as well. I don't have the opportunity to demo any of these, so I'm hoping someone else can wheigh in with their experiences :)

Basically decide if you want an iem or an over the ear headphone first! That should then make the decision a little easier. Can you borrow your friends New Primacy (if he has it) to try first to see if you like it?

Sep 29, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #306 of 615
Basically decide if you want an iem or an over the ear headphone first! That should then make the decision a little easier. Can you borrow your friends New Primacy (if he has it) to try first to see if you like it?
I can do both headphone and IEM, mostly wondering if a headphone will give better sound for the money. I'm mostly into open home-use cans so don't really know what to expect from a closed can, is it still better than an IEM?

Can't do that unfortunately, he lives in Canada and I'm Norwegian :p

Oct 23, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #307 of 615
Nov 1, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #308 of 615
I have been looking for a new iem since I realized i will be spending a considerable time in trains and flights for the next few years. Initially I had 6 or 7 candidates but I managed it to bring it down to three now. New Primacy, Campfire Audio Orion and Massdrop Noble X (if it becomes available again). I mostly listen to jazz, jazz fusion, prog rock and classical. My home setup is a DT880 driven by a Valhalla 2 and I am really satisfied with that. I have read a couple of comparisons between Primacy and Noble X and I understand the latter has a more full bodied sound with an elevated midbass and thicker mids. I cant seem to find any comparisons with Orion though. Are there anyone who have heard both? I would really appreciate any impressions.

Nov 1, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #309 of 615
I have been looking for a new iem since I realized i will be spending a considerable time in trains and flights for the next few years. Initially I had 6 or 7 candidates but I managed it to bring it down to three now. New Primacy, Campfire Audio Orion and Massdrop Noble X (if it becomes available again). I mostly listen to jazz, jazz fusion, prog rock and classical. My home setup is a DT880 driven by a Valhalla 2 and I am really satisfied with that. I have read a couple of comparisons between Primacy and Noble X and I understand the latter has a more full bodied sound with an elevated midbass and thicker mids. I cant seem to find any comparisons with Orion though. Are there anyone who have heard both? I would really appreciate any impressions.

I haven't heard the Orion for a while, from memory it had greater clarity and high-frequency extension at the cost of bass depth. The New Primacy is a bit darker and bassier, I would consider it the more balanced earphone overall. The Orion isolates more if you're using them for travel though the New Primacy still isolates very well and is more comfortable long-term, it's more dynamic bass also lends it better towards use in louder environments. It's tough to say, I would guess that the added bass depth of the NP combined with its greater comfort would be better for your uses and music tastes though many have no issue with the Campfire shells so, as always, ymmv.

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #310 of 615
I haven't heard the Orion for a while, from memory it had greater clarity and high-frequency extension at the cost of bass depth. The New Primacy is a bit darker and bassier, I would consider it the more balanced earphone overall. The Orion isolates more if you're using them for travel though the New Primacy still isolates very well and is more comfortable long-term, it's more dynamic bass also lends it better towards use in louder environments. It's tough to say, I would guess that the added bass depth of the NP combined with its greater comfort would be better for your uses and music tastes though many have no issue with the Campfire shells so, as always, ymmv.
Thank you for the comparison ryanjsoo. Can you compare the build quality of the Orion with Primacy? I live in Turkey and it becomes really a hassle when I have to send something for repair (customs fees, shipping etc.). I really prefer smthing really solid and durable.

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #313 of 615
In discovery thread i saw a post that the Oriveti is going to release a new upgrade model ,is that true,?? any updates ,??

Should be out in December, I believe. A 4 driver, if I'm not mistaken. I shall review it. :D

Nov 1, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #315 of 615
I'm waiting for my New Primacy to get here :) Owned the Noble X previously. I can give you a comparison when it gets here, should be here next week.

The Noble X definitely has an elevated midbass response yes, but it's not the deepest I've heard. Mids are full-bodied and lush. treble is slightly recessed, but has a nice airy quality and very good detail retrieval. Soundstage is pretty spacious for an IEM. This is with Spinfit tips, with comply's they're darker, more closed-in with a smaller and less airy soundstage.
In the end, I sold them because they sounded too "lifeless", dynamics and punch weren't strong enough. I went back to the shure se215 which is an inferior IEM overall, but gives me the dynamic punch that is vital to make music sound alive. Hoping that the New primacy's dynamic driver (hybrid config) can give me more dynamic punch than the Noble's pure dual BA. For reference, my daily driver is the Focal Elear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back