The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Aug 12, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #256 of 615
That Moca looks quite cute, recommend it as much as the matte black version!

I looks even better in person than the photos, I really like to Mocha, much prefer it over the shiny black, but that's personal preference :)

Aug 13, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #259 of 615
I have a feeling that ONP will be more vivid with more spark in the top end and SE535 will have a thicker, smoother and warmer sound :darthsmile:

George if you haven't heard both - its best not to comment.

Aug 13, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #260 of 615
I have heard both, but not side by side so please take with a hint of salt.

The midrange of the SE535 is so smooth and forward, almost liquid like, and the bass response is very good being slightly fuller than neutral. But they lack air and extension in the treble.

The New Primacy are cleaner, the mids are not as forward, but the sound is more reference and balanced with more detail and sparkle up top.

They are both very different so it really depends on personal preference over one being better than the other. Both are extremely comfortable too.

Aug 13, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #261 of 615
Good description of the SE535 Oscar. I haven't heard the new Primacy, but I did love the SE535 when I owned it. Funnily enough, one of the reasons I ended up selling the Shure in the end was that the mids at times were fatiguing (too forward).

Aug 13, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #262 of 615
Hello,

How Oriveti New Primacy (ONP) compare with Shure SE535?

I can get both for (almost) the same price and I'm hesitating.

Thanks!
From my experience the Se535 has a tad bigger soundstage and more foward mids but sometimes the mids were a bit too foward ending up to be a lil shouty at some points but still a very good iem. The New Primacy has a more balanced sound, but to me it is a much more quality sound overall. Bass extends a little more with much more texture and can really rumble when called for, mid bass is a tad softer than the Se535 but again more quality over quantity and the bass never get muffled or muddy and is very very impressive for a dynamic driver. Mids are less forward on the New Primacy but no where near recessed it actually is right on point and very very clear with a lot of detail and air, treble is defs more airy and sparkly on the New Primacy and to me this is where the Se535 just didn't do it for me, what I recommend is pairing the New Primacy with a silent source and if you can adding a silent amp with a warmish but not overly warm with a well extended treble, this will add a nice warmth while retaining the sparkle up top. So far the best combo i've experienced is the HTC 10 with the Elemental Watson hooked up to the New Primacy. It has turned into a whole new beast of a iem and really outperforms its price range. I highly recommend the NP over the Se535 any day :)

Aug 13, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #263 of 615
George if you haven't heard both - its best not to comment.

Heard them both, but I have far less experience with Se535 than with ONP.

I have heard both, but not side by side so please take with a hint of salt.

The midrange of the SE535 is so smooth and forward, almost liquid like, and the bass response is very good being slightly fuller than neutral. But they lack air and extension in the treble.

The New Primacy are cleaner, the mids are not as forward, but the sound is more reference and balanced with more detail and sparkle up top.

They are both very different so it really depends on personal preference over one being better than the other. Both are extremely comfortable too.

Very well put.

Good description of the SE535 Oscar. I haven't heard the new Primacy, but I did love the SE535 when I owned it. Funnily enough, one of the reasons I ended up selling the Shure in the end was that the mids at times were fatiguing (too forward).

SE535 has a bit too smooth treble, lacks sparkle, when compared to ONP, that would be the simplest way to put things. I think that both have a fairly good bass and I didn't mind the midrange of either, but ONP has a stronger top end, which makes music sound closer to my tastes.

Aug 13, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #264 of 615
I am just listening to ONP right now and it somehow strikes a right chord with me. I don't have any idea why it would, but I'm absolutely sure it does. My preliminary idea is that ONP has a very quick driver and reproduces textures and drum patterns with enough speed to feel realistic, I don't know, it just sounds very right to those ears. NJeed more time to make a more educated assumption.

Aug 13, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #265 of 615
Heard them both, but I have far less experience with Se535 than with ONP.

My apologies then - obviously lost in translation. I took this:

I have a feeling that ONP will be more vivid with more spark in the top end and SE535 will have a thicker, smoother and warmer sound :darthsmile:

as you not having heard the SE535.

Aug 14, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #266 of 615
Good news - will be ordering my NP's today . Has anyone here heard them with an Opus#1? I'm undecided between getting that or waiting for the Chord Poly to use as my mobile system. Reading through the Opus thread it sounds like it might be quite neutral and resolving much like the NP. So am concerned the combo might be too bright?

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #267 of 615
Good news - will be ordering my NP's today . Has anyone here heard them with an Opus#1? I'm undecided between getting that or waiting for the Chord Poly to use as my mobile system. Reading through the Opus thread it sounds like it might be quite neutral and resolving much like the NP. So am concerned the combo might be too bright?

All my listening was done with an Opus #2, which is more refined than the #1 but has a similar house sound, and they sounded great out of it. The Opus #1 is the best value for money DAP in my opinion.

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #268 of 615
My apologies then - obviously lost in translation. I took this:

as you not having heard the SE535.

No worries! :beerchug:

I try to avoid speaking about things I didn't hear, it doesn't help anyone if I just speculate on something I don't know about...

I'm listening to ONP with Opus #3 and I am finding the sound quick and vivid, there is no unnatural brightness or such. I like the sound I'm hearing and would say that I consider Opus #3 to be great. Haven't heard Opus #1 yet, but wanted to chime in with this opinion about the #3 :darthsmile:

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #269 of 615
Rocking out with the New Primacy and the new premium cable Oriveti are now offering, excellent IEM's but damn memory wire in the cable (personal preference, I hate it).

IMG_20170814_151003-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back