The Open Pandora: An ultimate portable player?
Jan 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #302 of 364
I wouldn't call it rugged and masculine, I would call it  at best Utilitarian, the thing is not a thing that can make people(e.g the general crowd) go "WOW" by only looks ,its thick, its blocky, its halfway there to retro looking but not quite there , there is so many thing you can critique about it in terms of look

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #305 of 364
Come on guys, stop with the pointless ranting. 

The design of the Pandora is retro and utilitarian. It's not ugly but I agree that it is a look that not everyone would like. I personally love the retro-PC aesthetic.

A good example would be Grados. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would say they're ugly too.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #306 of 364
Doesn't look boring like an iphone, anyway.

Mine get plenty of attention when I use them in public.

People first impression is that it's a 3DS, then they get a good look at it, and seems to impress them.

Quote:
most of the people wouldnt think that the iphone design is boring more on the side of classy

How can it be "classy" when every second person has one?  It's the Big Mac of phones!

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #307 of 364
Quote:

The design of the Pandora is retro and utilitarian. It's not ugly but I agree that it is a look that not everyone would like. I personally love the retro-PC aesthetic.

A good example would be Grados. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would say they're ugly too.

I would actually say that it look more niche than the grados especially those with a wood cup due to how most grados actually look exclusive retro rather than backbone retro, an iphone may look boring to you but i am rather sure most of the people wouldnt think that the iphone design is boring more on the side of classy

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #308 of 364
Quote:
Quote:

I would actually say that it look more niche than the grados especially those with a wood cup due to how most grados actually look exclusive retro rather than backbone retro, an iphone may look boring to you but i am rather sure most of the people wouldnt think that the iphone design is boring more on the side of classy

I think the iPhone is too overdone, trying to grab too much attention. Plus the build quality on it is deplorable (newer models at least).

The Grado's aren't meant to be directly compared btw, just an example.

Jan 13, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #310 of 364
Last I check coloring something or giving it patterns doesn't exactly change it shape to suit the view of rugged and masculine to most persons, the thing people call rugged in this hobby would have loads of screw and made out of more expensive material like metal (altmann tera)  or say high quality plastic with not as shap mold lines (DX 100)

Jan 13, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #312 of 364
I don't think the topic is comparing the subjective good looking of your post and other peoples , it is about how the pandora will look ugly to some people compared to the more modern and sleek of DAPs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back