The Open Pandora: An ultimate portable player?
Mar 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #362 of 364
I liked your review, it does seem hard to believe that the Pandora actually sounds better than the Dragonfly.  I'd like to see some objective measurements, like recording the output and comparing to the original signal.  An "inferior" DAC can sound better for lossy tracks, as it does not make the compression artifacts so apparent.  Still, I'm happy with how my Pandora plays music.

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #363 of 364
Quote:
I liked your review, it does seem hard to believe that the Pandora actually sounds better than the Dragonfly.  I'd like to see some objective measurements, like recording the output and comparing to the original signal.  An "inferior" DAC can sound better for lossy tracks, as it does not make the compression artifacts so apparent.  Still, I'm happy with how my Pandora plays music.

I was thinking about getting NwAvGuy to measure the Pandora's audio section (similarly to how he measured the FiiO E7), but I don't know... then I'd have to go without my Pandora for a while 
tongue.gif

Maybe someone on the forums with multiple Pandoras would be willing to send one for measurements.

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #364 of 364

Users who are viewing this thread

Back