The Official World Cup 2006 thread
Jul 9, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #121 of 171
Bah, I'm not much of a football fan, but I thought France played a better game. Italy hardly did anything after the first half, but that doesn't matter at all when it comes down to PK's.
rolleyes.gif

Edit : Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz
Man, this game has left a really bad feeling in my stomach. Zidane's reaction ruined the whole game for me

Yeah, same here. Before I was really hoping France would win, but afterwards I didn't care. I still think France played a better game though.

Jul 9, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #122 of 171
Wow, Zidane definately couldn't of picked a more classless way or a bigger stage to let his team down. What a piss poor end to a career.

Jul 9, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #123 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler
Bah, I'm not much of a football fan, but I thought France played a better game. Italy hardly did anything after the first half, but that doesn't matter at all when it comes down to PK's.
rolleyes.gif

Penalty kicks may seem like a let down in terms of ways to end a game, but they have to end the game somehow. If 2 teams go 120 minutes without scoring a goal, there really is no end in sight in terms of getting a goal to end the game.

Jul 9, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #124 of 171
Yeah, I understand. But it's reducing a team game to a 1v1. Then again, it isn't fun to see a bunch of people flopping and passing into the sidelines.

Jul 9, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #125 of 171
Italy in NO way deserved to win. They played like little bitches for the entire game. They cheated: knocked people down, tripped people, jumped on people, even pulled people down when they fell. They cried when they fell down when nobody even touched them. They knocked down someone who was about to score a goal on them, and there wasn't a penalty kick called to make up for it. The refs were obviously biased towards Italy. I mean, France had more faults than Italy--anybody who watched that game knows that that was ********. They don't call out the Italian player for grabbing Zidane and holding him back (not to mention all of the other crap that the Italians did that nobody seemed to notice), but they give Zidane a red card for hitting him afterwards?

Complete and utter garbage.

Jul 9, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #128 of 171
Wow. Just wow. Nice head butt though. And for the hell of it I'm wearing my Italian team gear. Even though I've got a lot of friends from France who must be really pissed right now. France did play better.

Jul 9, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #129 of 171
Hopefully there will be some interview with Zidane so we can at least know what provoked him to do such a thing. I don't think anyone will ever forgive him, but it'll be nice to know at least. Or maybe not

Methinks he got really frustrated after buffon saved that brilliant header of his and just couldn't keep his cool

Jul 9, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #131 of 171
Quote:

Hopefully there will be some interview with Zidane so we can at least know what provoked him to do such a thing. I don't think anyone will ever forgive him, but it'll be nice to know at least. Or maybe not

I do believe that the guy had said something to him in Italian that pissed him off (Zidane speaks fluent Italian) while he was holding him back before he got owned.

Jul 9, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #132 of 171
I think it'd take quite a bit to provoke Zidane like that.

Jul 9, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #133 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
I do believe that the guy had said something to him in Italian that pissed him off (Zidane speaks fluent Italian) while he was holding him back before he got owned.

Yeh, that was the obvioius icing on the cake.

Jul 9, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #134 of 171
I think Zidane has become the quickest person ever to go from national hero to bonehead/jackass of the year. I don't care what if anything the Italian guy said to him he's a professional and considering it was the World Cup Finals he should have known better.

Jul 9, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #135 of 171
Quote:

I think Zidane has become the quickest person ever to go from national hero to bonehead/jackass of the year. I don't care what if anything the Italian guy said to him he's a professional and considering it was the World Cup Finals he should have known better.

You mean like the entire Italian team? They played like jackasses for the entire game, and they got away with it.

In addition, I hope that the Italian guy has a broken rib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back