The Official World Cup 2006 thread
Jun 18, 2006 at 3:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 171

Jmmmmm

Headphoneus Supremus
If possible, pleast post all world cup related thoughts in this thread.

So who else thought the US got pretty lucky today? Can they finally score some goals next game against Ghana?

Jun 18, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 171
3 reds, yep interesting. Now where they all deserving?
confused.gif

Mexico just got screwed, they didnt beat Angola so they have to at least tie with Portugal to go into the next round.
mad.gif

Jun 18, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #3 of 171
The ref in that game was a bit quick with those cards. Czech republic lost. Not only lost, but were dominated. That shocked me.

P.S. Anyone know why Ghana held up the Isreali flag? There must be some link between the two that I am unaware of.

Jun 18, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #4 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck

P.S. Anyone know why Ghana held up the Isreali flag? There must be some link between the two that I am unaware of.

The House of Israel community in Western Ghana.

http://www.mindspring.com/~jaypsand/ghana.htm

Jun 18, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #5 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck

Found it here.
Ghana defender John Pantsil, plays for Hapoel Tel-Aviv which is in Isreal.

Jun 18, 2006 at 8:21 AM Post #6 of 171
Loved the way Ghana played their football. They deserve to top their table. I hope they do. I also hope that England will meet Germany in the next round. I think Germany will kick their ass. I seriously doubt the US will progress any further in this tournament.

Jun 18, 2006 at 8:28 AM Post #7 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by caramelsoul
Loved the way Ghana played their football. They deserve to top their table. I hope they do. I also hope that England will meet Germany in the next round. I think Germany will kick their ass. I seriously doubt the US will progress any further in this tournament.

bah, I really don't like this Group E at all
frown.gif

Jun 18, 2006 at 8:32 AM Post #8 of 171
Quote:

England has looked extremely unimpressive, so it's quite possible. Crouch as a striker is something of a joke.

There's no point in having all the "best" players on your team if they can't learn to play together as a team. The Dutch realized this whereas the English have yet to figure this out.

-Matt

Jun 18, 2006 at 8:34 AM Post #9 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
If possible, pleast post all world cup related thoughts in this thread.

So who else thought the US got pretty lucky today? Can they finally score some goals next game against Ghana?

I don't know if you watched the same game, but with even men, the United States outplayed Italy...That and the Mastroeni red card was complete BS...so no, I think Italy was lucky to get off the way they did with a draw.

-Matt

Jun 18, 2006 at 9:38 AM Post #10 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
England has looked extremely unimpressive, so it's quite possible. Crouch as a striker is something of a joke.

There's no point in having all the "best" players on your team if they can't learn to play together as a team. The Dutch realized this whereas the English have yet to figure this out.

-Matt

Agreed. And just for the record I'm not supporting anyone let alone England

Jun 18, 2006 at 11:09 AM Post #11 of 171
The Ghana game was the best one as of yet IMO. It had everything you'd want. A pretty decent ref, 2 teams that wanted to score really badly, well Ghana more in this case, and an underdog that takes control. Peter Cech's performance as goalie was incredible. The only sad thing is that my favourite Czech player, namely Koller, wasn't able to play due to his injury, the same goes for Baros of course. This was a highly paced match, I was really sucked into it.

The US of A were quite surprising as well, managed to watch it in a bar filled with Italy fans.
tongue.gif

Jun 18, 2006 at 11:37 AM Post #12 of 171
Quote:

I don't know if you watched the same game, but with even men, the United States outplayed Italy...That and the Mastroeni red card was complete BS...so no, I think Italy was lucky to get off the way they did with a draw.

-Matt

I disagree, i think that Italy dominated the USA throughout most of the match.

Jun 18, 2006 at 12:57 PM Post #13 of 171
Quote:

-Matt

I absolutely agree. I personally support Germany and England, Germany some more though, and when you say that the Dutch realized the fact to not only include the best of the best, then you're correct, because the Dutch team most definately improved a lot. Nonetheless I'm still not a big fan of their game.

Jun 18, 2006 at 1:19 PM Post #14 of 171
Very good games yesterday ( maybe beside portugal ) , i liked Ghana games ,
they player very well Vs. itay , and they are becoming my favourite Underdog ( and maybe the only one in this tornument which has a chance of going to the knockout games) .

their defender loves israel , he is the one of the best defender in the israeli leauge , though i'm a fan of Mc Haifa ( we don't like Tel Aviv , Lol ) i really appercaite his Tribute .

Jun 18, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #15 of 171
Quote:

I also hope that England will meet Germany in the next round. I think Germany will kick their ass.

How well do you think Scotland will do
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apart from the Gerrard goal England have looked pretty ordinary and lucky to have 6 points, well 7 if you count the inevitable draw against Sweden...enough I think to avoid Germany, for now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back