The Official World Cup 2006 thread
Jun 18, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #16 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77
How well do you think Scotland will do
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apart from the Gerrard goal England have looked pretty ordinary and lucky to have 6 points, well 7 if you count the inevitable draw against Sweden...enough I think to avoid Germany, for now...

My thoughts exactly. (Scotland)

Now, England... lets face it, are rubbish. I don't care which way we try to spin it we've only won anything once... 40 years ago, anyone who thinks were a real force in the world of football has been smoking too much of something... yes we have good players, but as a team, it just doesn't work.

However, I love the world cup and watching England even if they aren't great, and I've love to see them win more convincingly and just to win.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #19 of 171
Ahn had one last chance on that free kick to win it in the last second, but it went wide. Oh well, Korea still pulled a tie and is still on top of the Group! BE THE REDS!
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 18, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #20 of 171
Ack! Officiating =
rolleyes.gif
for France vs. South Korea...and I was rooting for Korea.

I am more upset over the Zidane "yellow card" than I am over the missed goal. How can you give Zidane a yellow card for that when the South Korean clearly dove? This will probably be his last game in international competition.

-Matt

Jun 18, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #21 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
Ack! Officiating =
rolleyes.gif
for France vs. South Korea...and I was rooting for Korea.

I am more upset over the Zidane "yellow card" than I am over the missed goal. How can you give Zidane a yellow card for that when the South Korean clearly dove? This will probably be his last game in international competition.

-Matt

I wouldn't worry - even with two starters out, France shouldn't have any problem in their third game. But with Korea playing the Swiss, that's dangerous...

Jun 18, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #22 of 171
What's funny is that when Zidane was leaving the field, he threw the captain band to Trezeguet who was just getting on to the field and Trezeguet giggled while putting it on (Zidane did it to save time, he should have given it to Viera). It was the first time ever in history Trezeguet became the French team captain, for 2 minutes long.

Jun 19, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #24 of 171
Anyone else disappointed with Brazil's performance this year? Ronaldo is just disgusting to look at, seeing how he carried his 180-lb body on the field. He just got so slow and sluggish. He didn't even use his hips when he kicked. Overall Brazil is just very very disappointing so far and is not performing up to my expectation.

Jun 19, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #25 of 171
I really can't see how Brazil can win the whole shebang with Ronaldo at striker.

He really has looked awful and has contributed nothing in two games played.

Parreira ought to start Robinho in his place, but will he?

-Matt

Jun 19, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #26 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghopper
Anyone else disappointed with Brazil's performance this year? Ronaldo is just disgusting to look at, seeing how he carried his 180-lb body on the field. He just got so slow and sluggish. He didn't even use his hips when he kicked. Overall Brazil is just very very disappointing so far and is not performing up to my expectation.

Actually, I'm ecstatic.
very_evil_smiley.gif

This thing is wide open.

-Matt

Jun 20, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #27 of 171
i just read an article about the president of FIFA, Joseph Blatter... what a corrupt person! i wonder if he's behind the pathetic officiating.

still enjoying the Cup, though.

Jun 20, 2006 at 3:10 PM Post #28 of 171
edit

Jun 21, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #29 of 171
did anyone just see Mexico with the biggest choke of this World Cup?

Omar Bravo missed a penalty kick by a mile, and missed a huge opportunity to tie it up against Portugal. it'll probably end up costing them the game.

Jun 22, 2006 at 2:51 PM Post #30 of 171
USA vs. Ghana --

once again, the officials are completely shafting the US. i think something's going on, unless the World Cup purposely hired the sihttiest refs in the sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back