The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From IFA 2016)
Oct 7, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #4,471 of 5,761
Why do you need a different amplifier? What does the AAA provide that the TA can't?

Your problem is most likely due to the pre out voltage being too high for the AAA. I use my TA to drive Audioengine A5 Powered Speakers, but I'm using variable output.

Oct 7, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #4,472 of 5,761
Why do you need a different amplifier? What does the AAA provide that the TA can't?

Your problem is most likely due to the pre out voltage being too high for the AAA. I use my TA to drive Audioengine A5 Powered Speakers, but I'm using variable output.
I'm trying this not specifically for the AAA but rather the Burson as I am after something different from an amp perspective. Interestingly the pre out (fixed) is rated at 2Vrms and I read somewhere that the AAA can take up to 7Vrms SE in. Variable out doesn't have any distortion but I also noticed that it only distorts at higher amplitudes so perhaps its clipping on the AAA?

Oct 9, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #4,473 of 5,761
Hi TA owner, just recently get the TA to pair with the Z1R. I want to see any of you have use the TA as a DAC for PC audio through the back USB port. It seems there is a very slight lip sync / audio video sync issue for my setup. Any one has similar experience?

I understand it is not intended for movies, but other than just using portable music player through usb port for music. I connect my laptop for some youtube concert and music video listening as well. It seems there is a very slight audio delay there. Any idea?

Oct 9, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #4,474 of 5,761
Hi TA owner, just recently get the TA to pair with the Z1R. I want to see any of you have use the TA as a DAC for PC audio through the back USB port. It seems there is a very slight lip sync / audio video sync issue for my setup. Any one has similar experience?

I understand it is not intended for movies, but other than just using portable music player through usb port for music. I connect my laptop for some youtube concert and music video listening as well. It seems there is a very slight audio delay there. Any idea?
Yes , I have the same issue here. It is something like a few tenths of a second.

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #4,476 of 5,761
Yes , I have the same issue here. It is something like a few tenths of a second.
exactly.. not a big issue since mostly use this for pure music listening, just kind of annoying if using it for video
See if the problem remains if you use optical. The issue is discussed a few pages back.
I see. However most PC does not come with the optical output. Any solutions provided back then? I may try hook up to a blu-ray player and see

Oct 9, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #4,477 of 5,761
reading back a few page that the lag / delay seems only affecting on high frequency monitor (240hz) for gaming (maybe movies)? My Monitor has a 165hz frequency as well. Maybe I twill try on the one with 60 hz and see.

Oct 9, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #4,478 of 5,761
reading back a few page that the lag / delay seems only affecting on high frequency monitor (240hz) for gaming (maybe movies)? My Monitor has a 165hz frequency as well. Maybe I twill try on the one with 60 hz and see.
I have a 144hz monitor and am not experiencing any lag/delay.. perhaps try dropping the refresh rate in windows if refresh rate appears to be the issue?

Oct 10, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #4,479 of 5,761
Laptop with 60hz and have that issue.

Oct 10, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #4,480 of 5,761
I think the conclusion was that it had to do with upsampling features that can't be disabled and that changing the sample rate to match whatever is being played could solve the issue? might be talking out of my rear end here.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #4,481 of 5,761
I don’t have any issue going optical from my tv

Oct 10, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #4,482 of 5,761
Zero lag from a TV? I’m using optical? Using all the bells and whistles?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #4,483 of 5,761
During my time owning that amp I never had this problem regardless of connection method. Some video on the other hand can have av sync issues which speaks to its quality rather than the amp being faulty. Do an AV sync test on YouTube just to be sure.

Oct 10, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #4,485 of 5,761
Remember too my test is simply optical from a smart TV, not trying to watch video from a PC. There is zero lag when watching a smart TV. PC may be a different case? PC can a lot of the time be USB in and syncing from PC video, don’t know about that?

Using firmware update 1.03.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back