The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016)
Feb 23, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #961 of 1,101
Due to my new work, I have less time to listen than ever before.  I am seeing even more value out of the 1Z given that I no long have room for a true desktop rig at work....so the W1Z fills that role very nicely.  I hope to listen to the 1A at some point but I do really enjoy my time with the 1Z so far.  Surprisingly, I don't find the 1Z to be very warmth like most people.  In fact, I think its tonality is only a touch warm from neutral or almost neutral.  For instance, I would rate the 1Z to be noticeably less warm than the ZX2 (stock sound) as well as the ZX100.  I used to have two 1Zs and the sound signature is pretty much the same.  The PHA-3 is definitely warmer and darker than the rest.  

Feb 23, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #962 of 1,101
  Due to my new work, I have less time to listen than ever before.  I am seeing even more value out of the 1Z given that I no long have room for a true desktop rig at work....so the W1Z fills that role very nicely.  I hope to listen to the 1A at some point but I do really enjoy my time with the 1Z so far.  Surprisingly, I don't find the 1Z to be very warmth like most people.  In fact, I think its tonality is only a touch warm from neutral or almost neutral.  For instance, I would rate the 1Z to be noticeably less warm than the ZX2 (stock sound) as well as the ZX100.  I used to have two 1Zs and the sound signature is pretty much the same.  The PHA-3 is definitely warmer and darker than the rest.  

For me the warmth of 1Z is just perfect. Tonal balance and memory and power is all that I could have hoped for from a DAP but darn it is not cheap. If the UI would be similar to AK purchasing of it would have been on my top of the list but the UI for me is partially a deal breaker.

Overall I can't wait to see what they can come up with next. My hope is they aim for 1Z tonality and work from there. 

Feb 23, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #963 of 1,101
  For me the warmth of 1Z is just perfect. Tonal balance and memory and power is all that I could have hoped for from a DAP but darn it is not cheap. If the UI would be similar to AK purchasing of it would have been on my top of the list but the UI for me is partially a deal breaker.

What do you dislike in the UI. Because you know that the last update made it twice as fast ? (1.10)

Feb 23, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #964 of 1,101
To be fair, the new Sony Walkman OS does badly need a proper search function. That one is not really excusable. 

Feb 23, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #965 of 1,101
  What do you dislike in the UI. Because you know that the last update made it twice as fast ? (1.10)

To be fair, the new Sony Walkman OS does badly need a proper search function. That one is not really excusable. 

Speed isnt an issue for me, I prefer a tile view browsing that AK does. 

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #967 of 1,101
I do agree with the search function, many times tried to search for a song and have to scroll endlessly

Feb 23, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #969 of 1,101
I really don't understand how or why they didn't include a proper search function. That drives me absolutely mad.

Like that retro case. May get me one. If I can find it somewhere.

At least you have artist search, genres and so on.
Lotoo Paw Gold has nothing.
I can find quite easily a song on my 128 GB SDXC on Tera Player which doesn't have a screen as we know it.

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #971 of 1,101
Feb 23, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #973 of 1,101

Must get one, heard about it for some time now but still can't find it in their webstore. There's a new special edition in plain color of this shade of blue though.

You can't buy it.

On Twitter Dignis' Japan account they've said it's not for sale and they've made exactly 20 of these cases and is thinking about how to gift them away.

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #974 of 1,101

You can't buy it.

On Twitter Dignis' Japan account they've said it's not for sale and they've made exactly 20 of these cases and is thinking about how to gift them away.

bummer
frown.gif

Mar 4, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #975 of 1,101

Users who are viewing this thread

Back