The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #6,661 of 11,341

beerchug.gif

I see two right here but one of them isn't around, sadly. And you have to turn those R10 around to match. L/R asymmetries tickle my OCD
biggrin.gif

Still nice picture! Hifiguy528 seems to be biggest audiophile Sony Buff. Would love to see how he compares the models. Does he have r10? @HiFiGuy528

play that again...

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #6,665 of 11,341

Congrats!
Any brightness issues? 

I think mine is developing a peak around 6-7k after burning for 60hr
not sure if it was there before , but i just EQed -(2-3)db to make it easier on my ears
The Z1R from what i hear now is V shaped  more than TH-900 ..

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #6,666 of 11,341

not sure if it was there before , but i just EQed -(2-3)db to make it easier on my ears

Really? I just think it is more resolving. The measurements didn't show that peak if I remember correctly.

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #6,668 of 11,341
Feb 10, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #6,669 of 11,341

That doesn't happen based on any of my experiences or anything I've ever read. It could be your source, amp, DAC? I've never seen headphones adjust that much over time with any quantifiable data whatsoever. The TH900s are horribly V or U shaped and that's the biggest reason I eventually sold them (that and the tizzy treble had me avoiding so many recordings). 

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #6,671 of 11,341

That doesn't happen based on any of my experiences or anything I've ever read. It could be your source, amp, DAC? I've never seen headphones adjust that much over time with any quantifiable data whatsoever. The TH900s are horribly V or U shaped and that's the biggest reason I eventually sold them (that and the tizzy treble had me avoiding so many recordings). 

So do you feel the Z1R improves on those concerns for you?

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #6,672 of 11,341

Are you planning to publish a review soon? hehe, wanna know what you think in details

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #6,673 of 11,341

No, just expressing what I feel when I see that comment.

Need to experience it myself in order to tell. could be the unit, etc, etc

btw, r u using aftermarket cable?

Thinking of ordering the Norne cable, long wait though..

When it comes to cables I'm the wrong person to ask (if you were even asking me). I do use the nice Norne Solv X cable, but I use it more for function as I need a speaker tap cable. I don't hear differences with cables personally, but I'm happy for those who do.

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #6,674 of 11,341
  So do you feel the Z1R improves on those concerns for you?

I've always been a burn-in skeptic due to the lack of any data whatsoever. In the absence of data, the null position is the one to take. Have they changed...hard to say if it was my brain, music or new Sony/Kimber cables I'm now using?

Are you planning to publish a review soon? hehe, wanna know what you think in details

I do plan on it....might take a month or two though. 
smile.gif

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #6,675 of 11,341
  I've always been a burn-in skeptic due to the lack of any data whatsoever. In the absence of data, the null position is the one to take. Have they changed...hard to say if it was my brain, music or new Sony/Kimber cables I'm now using?

I do plan on it....might take a month or two though. 
smile.gif

I didn't mean do you believe in burn in, I was asking if you feel the Z1R improves on the sound signature issues you experienced with the TH900.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back