The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #3,631 of 11,341
Thank you! After one year hearing Z7, and now have 2 Z5 (in PhA-3 and other in MUC-M2BT1) y think Z5 is much better than Z7. The micro details of Z5 are incredible, nor in Z7.

I would buy Z1R is they sound at least as Z5 (becouse it must be as confortable as the Z7). For me, the only problem that has the Z5 is that they aren't as confortable as Z7 (in this terms they are incredible to hearing music hours and hours when I work).

The perceived micro details of the Z5 are due to a 10khz peak, I am glad that the Z7 does not have it. And I would be rather disappointed if the Z1R had the same peak.

Dec 17, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #3,632 of 11,341
I guess people probably aren't that willing to do this but I notice there are two torx screws on the end piece of each side of the headband. If you take these off does that allow you to replace the leather or anything helpful like that? 

Dec 17, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #3,633 of 11,341
I guess people probably aren't that willing to do this but I notice there are two torx screws on the end piece of each side of the headband. If you take these off does that allow you to replace the leather or anything helpful like that? 

You'd have to be pretty brave, curious or reckless to do that with a new Z1R, I guess :p

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #3,636 of 11,341
Nothing wrong, I am just thinking about long term replaceability of parts that receive wear and tear. If that removed the headband it gives me hope that the two most wearing areas (pads and headband) are both easily replaceable.

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #3,637 of 11,341
Nothing wrong, I am just thinking about long term replaceability of parts that receive wear and tear. If that removed the headband it gives me hope that the two most wearing areas (pads and headband) are both easily replaceable.

Let me break this to you, but until you have them worn out, Sony wouldn't be producing these or parts anymore....they are well known in doing that. Their products last longer than their supports lol....

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #3,638 of 11,341
I'm still waiting for Neutrik connectors to make a balanced cable: where did you find improvements compared to SE?

I use The MDR Z1R with the stock balance cable from Sony MDR Z7. Comparing to SE, The MDR Z1R with balanced has a greater bass,  wider soundstage and I really love the mid on the balance output.

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #3,639 of 11,341
Thank you! After one year hearing Z7, and now have 2 Z5 (in PhA-3 and other in MUC-M2BT1) y think Z5 is much better than Z7. The micro details of Z5 are incredible, nor in Z7.

I would buy Z1R is they sound at least as Z5 (becouse it must be as confortable as the Z7). For me, the only problem that has the Z5 is that they aren't as confortable as Z7 (in this terms they are incredible to hearing music hours and hours when I work).

i used to own the Z5, from my memory, you should love this Z1R too.

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #3,641 of 11,341
By the time the headband wears out humans will have music chip implants and headphones will be obsolete :grin:

Haha, heres hoping :D 

Dec 17, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #3,643 of 11,341

On the 7 the headband is only available complete as assembly.

Dec 17, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #3,644 of 11,341
Has anyone compared z1r with Ether C Flow?

I have, and liked the Z1R more. I didn't spend a lot of time with the Flow C, mainly because I felt it lacked the musicality and warmth of the Z1R and didn't interest me. It may be considered by some a very technical headphone, but I rather have the musicality, warmth and head stage of the Z1R. But of course, you may have guessed that, since I'm here all the time :)

Dec 17, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #3,645 of 11,341
I felt it lacked the musicality and warmth of the Z1R and didn't interest me. It may be considered by some a very technical headphone, but I rather have the musicality, warmth and head stage of the Z1R. But of course, you may have guessed that, since I'm here all the time :)

We did, but it seems we all share that issue...Fortunately :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back