The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #9,662 of 11,341
Arghhh jmills8, the Z1R deserves an expensive leather case.....:)
I need it to fit my backpack and to protect from students stepping on my HP. so case strong, protects from someone crushing it, light, compact to fit a backpack. Ha so a cheapy one for now. I did order a $400 upgrade pure Copper cable.

May 19, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #9,663 of 11,341
I got my z1r today and plugged them to my Sony wm1z using 4.4 mm stock cable.. please someone confirm these improve after burn in coz right now they sound awful.. much worse than my oppo pm3 or k10 CIEM s using 3.5 mm TRRS SE connection.. I read all reviews and so many rave about these I can't feel it.. also bass is way too much I think much more than k10s and need to get used to it.. as first impressions go not blown over.. oppp pm3 in comparison sounds so refined for now..

Waiting for burn in

Pc

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #9,665 of 11,341
Give it time, the bass tightens up and the details will come out. I never did an hour count or anything on mine but it was only a couple days until everything came together.

The more I listen to these the better they sound. Last night I listened to my Elears for the first time since I got my Z1Rs and after a few songs I put them away and put the Z1Rs back on.

May 19, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #9,667 of 11,341
May 19, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #9,668 of 11,341
IMG_8149.jpg

IMG_8148.jpg

I got this Slappa from amazon UK. It fits snug with the cable disconnected

I need it to fit my backpack and to protect from students stepping on my HP. so case strong, protects from someone crushing it, light, compact to fit a backpack. Ha so a cheapy one for now. I did order a $400 upgrade pure Copper cable.

May 19, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #9,669 of 11,341
I got my z1r today and plugged them to my Sony wm1z using 4.4 mm stock cable.. please someone confirm these improve after burn in coz right now they sound awful.. much worse than my oppo pm3 or k10 CIEM s using 3.5 mm TRRS SE connection.. I read all reviews and so many rave about these I can't feel it.. also bass is way too much I think much more than k10s and need to get used to it.. as first impressions go not blown over.. oppp pm3 in comparison sounds so refined for now..

Waiting for burn in

Pc
That dap is totally wrong for this headphone. Unless you like dark veiled sound that cant bring life to the music. That dap gas a weak amp aswell.

May 19, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #9,670 of 11,341

I got this Slappa from amazon UK. It fits snug with the cable disconnected
can you stand on it? My $3 box fits the headphone with cables and a kid stood on it.

May 19, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #9,671 of 11,341

Waiting for burn in

Pc

More like your brain need to re-adjust to the sound signature.
If you are coming from BA IEMs your ears will not take easy to the sheer force of the bass of the Z1R just because the Z1R moves so much air with those 70mm drivers compared to the tiny BA in your IEMs - just laws of physics at work. Once your ears and brains adjust to the sound signature you'll find that all the details are still there once you get pass the bass.

May 20, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #9,672 of 11,341
can you stand on it? My $3 box fits the headphone with cables and a kid stood on it.

I don't know and have no intention of trying. I needed the most compact solution acailable to go in my back pack

May 20, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #9,673 of 11,341
That dap is totally wrong for this headphone. Unless you like dark veiled sound that cant bring life to the music. That dap gas a weak amp aswell.

I find the pairing excelent and not dark or veiled but lovely and very musical and the amp in balanced has plenty power enough in my opinion

May 20, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #9,674 of 11,341
You could add, that this is your personal opinion only. Lots of people here use exactly this combo and are very happy. I use the WM1A with the Z1r and that is also a great combo imho.

May 20, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #9,675 of 11,341

Waiting for burn in

Pc
You are fully tuned in on the headphones that you have since long. Now you need to retune yourself to the Z1r, that is all. Later your old cans will probably sound off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back