The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #496 of 11,341
Please do compare with Ether C and Ether C Flow, I am getting a closed can, and Ether is pretty much my choice
before I see this new headphone.
The Z1R looks gorgeous, I hope it kicks some TOTL headphones out there.
I'll save-up for it, if it is good for the price.

Once I get my hands on the mdr z1r...I'll make sure I do this.

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #499 of 11,341
Nice, could you recommend a good sounding cardboard box? Might save me a ton of money. :)

I see what you did there.

Anyway, whoa, the case joke escalated quickly.

But on a more serious tone, I fully agree with XERO1: Of course the case is not important for the main use (sound) and it is more for storage than for daily carrying (although it seems OK to travel).

However, if we're looking at supposed flaghip/reference models, it makes sense that the brands pay attention to details at all levels, case and accessories included. This is especially true if prices are high.

On the Z1R in particular, if the case is real leather, than it's a nice touch (and not cheap). If it is PU leather, then meh.

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #500 of 11,341
One second ago we were decrying the lack of technology behind the driver...now we're complaining about the box? :p

Welcome to Head-Fi. :p

This thread might best be left to those actually interested in the new Sony headphones, and not those critical of everything Sony didn't anticipate by offering a flagship in the top-tier segment of can technology.
Bust some balls at Lexus for not providing a silver plated cigarette lighter in their flagship hot-rod and get back to us about how that went. Or better yet, harangue Louis Vuitton about their limited color selection and pricing "scheme".
I don't see any serious complainer interested in buying the new Sony headphones. Why on earth are you even pestered about this thread?
Check out the Bentley discussion threads and bash some heads there about the lack of a dedicated ginger ale tap in the left passenger seat.
This is getting old. -and why do you people expect to get answers from people on this thread anyway? Call Sony directly if you care so much. Brush up on your Japanese expletives.

Welcome to Head-Fi. It is what it is. Actually, for someone who's quite new to this forum, you might want to tone it down a little bit. Not your house, not your rules. Deal with it or do as you recommended to others and leave.

I see what you did there.

Anyway, whoa, the case joke escalated quickly.

Yeah, we're all basket cases in here. :atsmile:

Sep 9, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #502 of 11,341
Any of the good people on headfi had the chance (here's looking at Jude) to listen to the new Sony MDR-Z1R and compare it to the Pioneer SE Master 1? Not sure if there are any similarities in sound signature between the two. They both look extremely well made - in fact I'm listening to Free Bird hirez on my SEM1 right now and diggin' the sound. I also own the Z7 I might look at a trade up if the Sony MDR-Z1R sounds as good as it looks.

Any additional information on the sound signature would be most welcome as we seem to have a drought of real impressions and the thread has moved on to packaging and cables LOL.

Thanks to everyone who provided some impressions so far...

Please, please, please some one reinvigorate this thread before we move on to an in-depth analysis of the shrink wrap used and price labeling gun colour scheme and which side of the box the price was stamped... :p

Really happy Sony has released a very promising looking headphone - lets hope it comes with MDR-R10 & Qualia DND.

Enjoy some music and have a great weekend everyone!

Sep 9, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #505 of 11,341
Please, please, please some one reinvigorate this thread before we move on to an in-depth analysis of the shrink wrap used and price labeling gun colour scheme and which side of the box the price was stamped... :p
Really happy Sony has released a very promising looking headphone - lets hope it comes with MDR-R10 & Qualia DND.
Enjoy some music and have a great weekend everyone!

People are floating a bit on the topic because there isn't really any good information on it at the moment. We know the specs, materials, look and have some initial impressions, but I haven't seen a single review yet, even preliminary.
We're 25 days away from the release date (the earliest I've seen was 04-10-2016 in Germany), so perhaps something more substantial will pop up soon.

Sep 9, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #506 of 11,341
It's going to be difficult for some of those outside the US as we did not receive any units for assessment. I'm waiting for the country release event to get more time with these. Hopefully the review units will be forthcoming after said event. Any further impressions would be appreciated too!

Sep 9, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #507 of 11,341
While waiting for impressions/reviews from our more independent or less bias Head-Fi community members.

Interview/impression of the Z1R published here (through Google translate): http://www.sony.jp/headphone/special/park/products_m1/voice10.html

Cheers

p.s. been pasting too many links from Sony websites, hopefully it does not go against any Head-Fi thread rules/etiquette

Sep 9, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #508 of 11,341
There's a pdf advert brochure on the bottom of the page there explaining the Z1R's technology and also accessories, something is said about the case, I can't read Japanese so I don't know whether it says something about the case being leather or not, and the Kimber Kable upgrade with 4.4mm balanced plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back