The official "most OVERRATED headphones" thread
Sep 28, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #634 of 666
You're right, they just suck
biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #635 of 666
HD 598s.  Disappointing boxiness to the sound that lends an inescapable artifical sound to a lot of things.  I am yet to hear them reproduce a realistic string sound.  I don't want to sell these, but I might have to :frowning2:

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #638 of 666
Quote:
string sound? you mean like guitars? you should go for those vintage akg instead =)

No, sorry, I should have been clearer, I meant an orchestral string sound.

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #639 of 666
no worries =)
i also think the 598 doesnt work well with orchestral music even if they have an open sound

Dec 16, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #640 of 666
The HD800 would be on the list by default. There is so much hype and such high expectations at this point that it would be impossible for it to reach such a goal unless it was literally the perfect headphone besting the legends like the Qualia, R10, Stax Omegas, K1000, and of course Sennheisers own Orpheus etc etc...all at once.

I'd like for that to be the case. I think many others would agree. I mean putting an end to the hunt for head fi perfection and at a reasonable cost? Somehow i just dont see that happening though. Likewise if Sennheiser themselves hit such a goal i think we would of seen a much prettier product at an extremely high price tag.

+1

May 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #645 of 666
It's bad enough that beats are terribly overpriced and overrated, but it's even worse when these kids praise it as if it's a God among headphones, and aren't willing to try anything else because they're already brainwashed by ******** marketing strategies.

What's even worse is how most people with Bose headphones think that they are the best sounding headphones on the market, even though they've only compared them to Beats by Dre and iBuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back