The official "most OVERRATED headphones" thread
May 18, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #466 of 666
BOSE are not for Audiophiles....Bose is more of a Brand than anything..hence BOse products are for the rich who wanna show off smthg..

obviously there has to be smthg overpriced in the market...How else do u rip off the fools then?

May 18, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #469 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BOSE are not for Audiophiles....Bose is more of a Brand than anything..hence BOse products are for the rich who wanna show off smthg..

So they manage to sell trash as if it was very high-end, with a name looking very much like "BOSS" (clothes brand)? Hmmm ... is their stock overvalued, too, or is there a way to get into this con? Go, BOSE, go!

PS: The earbuds accompanying mp3 players are overrated, even at their non-price.

May 18, 2008 at 9:41 AM Post #471 of 666
I actually liked BOSE headphones better than the speakers. I find their speakers downright awfull, especially for the price, but also in general. Its like if I get my normal speakers, and add an Exciter plugin @ 100% wet treble+bass.

May 18, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #472 of 666
I went to a music store and they had songs playing on BOSE speakers..i liked the sound quality..Bass was just perfect & the vocals had good Tenor...

May 18, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #473 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by argyledk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
most overrated for me would be the Shure E4c's and the Denon D2000s.

Really? The Shure E4cs are my favorite IEM.

Are you amping them properly, I find that they sound worlds better with my Minibox-E than they ever did unamped.

Jun 22, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #475 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by smashed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CX300s!! Too bassy for me.. lol

Welcome to Head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

they aren't overrated at all :p, No one likes them on this forum. I've seen a lot of people recommend them on computer forums though *palm goes to face*

Jun 22, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #479 of 666
I've been looking for an upgrade from my HD280 Pros and thought the Bose TriPorts would at least sound decent. They sound great on that lil listening station at most electronics stores, but once I got them home and listened to all my own tracks, they aren't very good at all. They're boomy, distort easily, and suck when it comes to high end. I've been spoiled by my Sennheisers
smily_headphones1.gif
And my set-up isn't anything special either. A Creative Labs Audigy SE sound card ($30 at Wal-Mart), and my Sennheisers.

The Bose don't suck completely. If you've never heard music with Grado, AKG, BeyerDynamic, Sennheiser, AudioTechnica, Stax, or Shure phones/IEMs, and like the "better sales through marketing" approach of Bose, and have the money to spend, then you'll love the Bose Triports.

Bottom line, they're good, but not $140 good. More like $50 good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back