The Official MLB World Series Thread
Oct 28, 2004 at 6:49 AM Post #62 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrzejpw
I got flashbanged and teargassed at the riots!

Yeah, but wasn't it great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 28, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #63 of 70
To tell you the truth I was kinda hoping when the Red Sox had a 3-0 series lead that the Cards would come back and win 4 in a row. I think that would have been a much more interesting story. I thought the "curse of the Bambino" was very glamorous in it's own kind of way, I'm sorry to see it finally came to an end.
frown.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 2:15 PM Post #64 of 70
this is true - what are you sox fans going to do now? your collective misery won't keep you together as a rabid fanbase anymore...now the most loyal and put-upon fans will be...the Cubs fans. *all eyes turn to Chicago next year*

but seriously, [size=xx-small]grats guys. =x[/size]

Oct 28, 2004 at 5:11 PM Post #66 of 70
Wow, what a great birthday... I took a one-hour nap in the hotel where the concierge assured us that no bar in Tel Aviv would be open as late as 6. Then I told my dad that guy was full of crap, that Mike's Place would be open no matter what and filled with all the good Bostonians living in Tel Aviv. We got there and there were only the off-duty staff, Scottish and English mainly, and the American bartender.

I must have smoked two packs of butts, trying to fend off a drunk middle-aged London woman's comments about why can't we listen to music and put the game on mute and ignore all the drunks' pleas for more beer hours after last call.

The American bartender kept the place open for me and my dad, the only people watching the game, all the way until 5:42 AM when Foulke threw out the last batter at first.

I actually couldn't walk out of the bar for about fifteen minutes -- every muscle was shaking.

WHAT THE F#CK ARE WE GOING TO DO NOW??

Well, I guess we could wait until we win 21 more world series without letting the Yanks win one, then we'll be the most successful franchise in MLB history.
wink.gif

[size=small]THANK YOU BOSTON FOR THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!!![/size]

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #67 of 70
Bumping this "official" thread after six years to say GO Giants!

Interesting that Cliff Lee is starting game one of the World Series for the second year in a row, albeit with a different team. Lincecum is in top form as well and should be able to challenge him tonight, but "big game" Lee is 7-0 lifetime in the postseason (8 starts) with a 1.26 ERA so it will not be easy!

EDIT: And the Giants knock Lee out of the game in the 5th, looking good at 5-2!

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #68 of 70
ARGHHH..  Anybody else in the Cablevision and NewsCorp (FOX) battle and blacked out from watching the World Series on TV?  

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #69 of 70
That sucks, are there any online possibilities? If nothing else is available try ilemi.com (Al-Jazeera network I think) 
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 29, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #70 of 70
Yeah, Cablevision said that we can sign up an MLB.com account and they will reimburse you.  But going through that hassle, it's just easier to walk a few blocks to watch it at the bar.   Boo, it would be so much better to just watch at home.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back