The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games)
May 1, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #121 of 1,043
Trust me, we are alike. I'm a completionist too. As for Lost Oddyssey, I got everything except ONE treasure chest in the secret dungeon that I could get but couldn't be bothere with. One chest for full 1000/1000 achievement points, lol. CoD4 is the only game I've actively went achievement hunting.

Tales of the Abyss... I gave it a break, and couldn't get back into it. JRPGs are hard to put down and pick up later down the line. If I don't focus mostly on it, I end up giving it up. I was almost done with that game too. I got into somehing else, and it ruined it for me.

I'm also playing FFIV: After Years right now. I'm raging because I accidentally save over one of the files... they messed up the saving on that game.

May 2, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #122 of 1,043
gonna grab a vita soon.the only jrpg on it for now is tales of,though it's japanese.

btw,read an article on  kotaku saying p4g confirmed for us,though no date given.I WANT THAT FIGGIN P4G VITA PLATE!

May 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #123 of 1,043
@Mad Lust Envy : There's a reason why dark bottles fast forward grinding lickety split.  But then again the enemies in this game are spawn types rather than random battle types.  So how do dark bottles work in this case?

May 3, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #124 of 1,043
I haven't used any bottles yet, lol. (Just life bottles, obviously)

I'm not grinding for experience (playing in Evil/Chaos mode gives so much EXP).

I'm grinding for artes usage to master titles. Asbel, Sophie, and Hubert have some ridiculous amounts of use to get artes mastered. The others aren't too bad.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna try mastering the A artes where you need to hold down the button (ie. Beast, Ice Dragon Flurry, etc). Those, especially on Sophie just take too damn long. Something like 450 uses to master. The CPU almost never uses those even if its the only artes you set.

I'm so glad that mage characters in this game canbe played as physical powerhouses too.

Pascal has some seriously damaging A artes, and long range too.

May 3, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #126 of 1,043
Asbel: I'll help out, Cheria.

Cheria: You'll do it with me, Asbel? Oh, thank you!

Malik: Heh.

Cheria: ...I didn't mean it like that!

Malik ftw!

Can't wait for my PS3 to be shipped here......

I literally saw this skit yesterday!

May 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #127 of 1,043
so i just read this : http://kotaku.com/5908772/the-record-of-agarest-war-2-limited-edition-comes-with-an-inflatable-doll-and-a-hand-towel

i want to know is the agarest a good game?(I'M NOT A PERV TO BUY THE LIMITED ED).just need to stock up some jrpg for my ps3 now and then.it's collecting dust right now

also,i'm not much of a fan of tales of series,but if it delivers,i'll buy.but the problem is because there is a lot of tales of games,i'm wondering if every game has a connection or every game is different?

May 17, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #128 of 1,043
So I'm sitting here playing White Knight Chronicles, and I find myself wondering... Why the hell do I like this game so much? The story is laughable, the cut scenes are cringe-worthy, the characters are unoriginal, the combat is repetitive, the graphics are mediocre, the music is uninspired, and your main character is about the most pointless character I've ever seen in a game. So why do I enjoy it so much?

May 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #129 of 1,043
Quote:
So I'm sitting here playing White Knight Chronicles, and I find myself wondering... Why the hell do I like this game so much? The story is laughable, the cut scenes are cringe-worthy, the characters are unoriginal, the combat is repetitive, the graphics are mediocre, the music is uninspired, and your main character is about the most pointless character I've ever seen in a game. So why do I enjoy it so much?

Which console are you playing on? I only played on the PSP and I have to say it was bad for me.

@Mad Lust Envy, I see you changed your avatar to Misha? NICE CHOICE!

May 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #130 of 1,043
Quote:

HAHAH we should do missions online again, I enjoyed it. It had a real "classic" JRPG feel, it took a little from every Jrpg out there and ruined it...in a goodish way.

May 18, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #131 of 1,043
Quote:
HAHAH we should do missions online again, I enjoyed it. It had a real "classic" JRPG feel, it took a little from every Jrpg out there and ruined it...in a goodish way.

Totally. I made a two-hand sword character again, so she's not much for solo or support, be she packs quite a wallop. Playing the single player, my Leonard hits for like 50 damage, while she hits for like 90.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Which console are you playing on? I only played on the PSP and I have to say it was bad for me.

Woah, I forgot they made a PSP game. It must have been pretty poor, if I didn't hear anything about it post-launch.

May 18, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #132 of 1,043

Another Katawa Shoujo fan? You have all my internets!

If you are indeed a fan:

While I'm a Hanako man myself, Misha is second. She's hilarious, but I like the inner psyche of her character, which is explored in Shizune's arc. There should've been a Misha arc... seriously. That would have been my fave. I hated Shizune's arc aside from all the focus that was put on Misha.

This doesn't leave my head...

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttSnYY3vj1c[/VIDEO]

That part... I will NEVER forget this... I chose comfort and OMFGZLOLWUT

But man, her FACE! How can anyone NOT choose comfort on reflex?

If you're not:

May 18, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #133 of 1,043
Quote:
Another Katawa Shoujo fan? You have all my internets!
If you are indeed a fan:
While I'm a Hanako man myself, Misha is second. She's hilarious, but I like the inner psyche of her character, which is explored in Shizune's arc. There should've been a Misha arc... seriously. That would have been my fave. I hated Shizune's arc aside from all the focus that was put on Misha.
This doesn't leave my head...That part... I will NEVER forget this... I chose comfort and OMFGZLOLWUT
But man, her FACE! How can anyone NOT choose comfort on reflex?
If you're not:

I played the game thanks to kotaku. IMO, Lilly's arc was the most romantic one. I like Misha too! Genki! I think they didn't make a Misha arc is because she isn't disabled like the rest. I WANT TO COMFORT HER MORE THAN SHIZUNE but i just had to refuse JUST TO GET 100%. It kinda made me mad that they Misha decided to cut her hair. It just didn't felt like Misha anymore

MAH DRILLS!

I'm going to play (or more precisely skip) rin's arc. Doesn't seem worth my time

May 18, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #134 of 1,043
Rin's was the last arc I played. Rin is a VERY interesting character, but like Shizune's arc, the Hisao x Rin pairing didn't work whatsoever. It was mega forced, and had like no romance. Rin was impossible to understand the entire arc. Any sane guy would've given up. Hisao just was awkward, sans a few cute scenes. Hisao x Rin has friendship all over it. I didn't check Neutral endings, but I'd say it'd make more sense.

I dunno, Misha was SO pretty with her hair cut. She lost her Misha-ness, but gained a seriousness that I think wouldn't have looked believable if she had DEM DRILLS. It worked for her character, IMHO.

I agree, Lilly's arc felt the most canon and unforced (hell, her arc is the only one with an Epilogue), closely followed by Emi's (which was the arc I got during my initial, blind playthrough, though the scene in the shed was just... not right AT ALL ). I really loved Hanako's arc. It was sweet, though the way Hanako was, it wasn't as natural as Lilly and Emi's, but easily the cutest. Just something about Hanako's character that makes her mega-popular.

Lol, Kotaku was what got me into the game. Now I'm like looking for another Eroge to play. Kotaku just posted about 'My Girlfriend is the President' which looks funny as hell. I'm gonna check that out. Also 'Deardrops'.

With the way these eroge are getting me hooked, I may never finished Tales of Graces F, which DESERVES IT! Just that sometimes I just wanna do something simple. I put more complex games off for months sometimes. :frowning2:

May 18, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #135 of 1,043
I can't believe wile reading that comment of yours really really really reflected my thinking! MY TWIN! 
biggrin.gif

I just couldn't agree more on every point! (except the Tales Of part, my anime are on hold) I could tell that Rin was so not cut out to be a gf so that made it the last playthrough list. 

MISHA!!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CUT THE DRILLS!!!

I like Hanako's arc too. Like Lilly's arc, it felt more natural~? If she hadn't had those burns, she would be the cutest IMO. I'm stil dumbfounded about Hanako's arc that by leaving her alone during her birthday actually meant the right thing to do?

Emi's arc was also my first playthrough. Didn't know by simply choosing to continue running meant I had initiated her arc. And of course the scene at the shed was a big fat failure. And watching Emi's face after that whole scene was hilarious

My first VN was Edelweiss. It was hilarious and the art was more interesting too

Reading this "I may never finished Tales of Graces F, which DESERVES IT!" made me think that it's somehow not satisfying for you? I thought you loved the series, or its maybe my misinterpretation. Also, I'm gonna hold on buying the Vita until an JRPG is released or maybe a limited edition vita

Users who are viewing this thread

Back