The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games)
May 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #136 of 1,041
Quote:

If Xenoblade isn't enough for the Wii, The Last Story's coming to the US in June. Looks promising.

Meh Last Story is M... I don't like M rated games >.>

Non the less I got Xenoblade yesterday [traded 6 DS games for it I will say Megaman Star Force 3 was a good game but I finished the whole thing and it was too easy really, Battle Network Games are still much harder and more fun imo]

So although I'm not a big fan of the "auto attack" it actually kinda pisses me off -.- I'm sure the game will get better. I also enjoyed Arc Rise Fantasia but... the voice acting on that was so BAD!

Still Rune Factory Frontier is my fav, also THANKFULLY the Update that Xenoblade FORCED on me didn't get rid of my HomeBrew Channel.

Best of all I'm finally getting a new Desktop PC, so I can start running better Emulators! In addition [and why isn't there a thread for it yet] I can try some of these new flashy Korean MMORPGS

Also [I've said this before I'm sure] Phantom Brave is a fun wii J-Rpg

May 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #137 of 1,041
Quote:
Meh Last Story is M... I don't like M rated games >.>

Non the less I got Xenoblade yesterday [traded 6 DS games for it I will say Megaman Star Force 3 was a good game but I finished the whole thing and it was too easy really, Battle Network Games are still much harder and more fun imo]

So although I'm not a big fan of the "auto attack" it actually kinda pisses me off -.- I'm sure the game will get better. I also enjoyed Arc Rise Fantasia but... the voice acting on that was so BAD!

Still Rune Factory Frontier is my fav, also THANKFULLY the Update that Xenoblade FORCED on me didn't get rid of my HomeBrew Channel.

Best of all I'm finally getting a new Desktop PC, so I can start running better Emulators! In addition [and why isn't there a thread for it yet] I can try some of these new flashy Korean MMORPGS

Also [I've said this before I'm sure] Phantom Brave is a fun wii J-Rpg

Surprised to see you here! As much as I hate korean (it's a problem I do not know why), the only mmo I'm waiting for is Blade & Soul

I played a private server version which lags a lot, but it was REALLY AWESOME!!!

May 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #138 of 1,041
Quote:

Surprised to see you here!

Why are you surprised?

Still though yea K-Mmo's are my fav. But they are also my least fav -.-, F2P sounds great on paper... then you log in and realize the game is going to suck for about 3 weeks [cuz EVERY NEWB around you purchased gear so none of them will party with you xD]

Since we've brought up MMO [it's realted to Jrpg]

One of my favorites is

Lunia Record of War, fun game, good story and I never felt like I had to GRIND

But back on target, I've been told I need to play Heros of Mana, as it is the prequal of SD3 my fav Jrpg <.< as soon as I try to sell my DS I find out there's more games I need to play on it xD [but that's why we have Emulators ^^]

May 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #139 of 1,041
I'm just surprised it's a small small world

Have you tried MapleStory? That's a GRINDING GAME. It was too long and too hard to level up that I quit playing it

I really really want to play Monster Hunter Frontier. Too bad it's JAPAN ONLY

From the screen shots of Tales of Mana, looks like a worthy game. Might wanna give it a try someday, when I have a new lappy/desktop that is....*sigh*

May 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #140 of 1,041
I can't believe wile reading that comment of yours really really really reflected my thinking! MY TWIN! :D

I just couldn't agree more on every point! (except the Tales Of part, my anime are on hold) I could tell that Rin was so not cut out to be a gf so that made it the last playthrough list. 

MISHA!!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CUT THE DRILLS!!!

I like Hanako's arc too. Like Lilly's arc, it felt more natural~? If she hadn't had those burns, she would be the cutest IMO. I'm stil dumbfounded about Hanako's arc that by leaving her alone during her birthday actually meant the right thing to do?

Emi's arc was also my first playthrough. Didn't know by simply choosing to continue running meant I had initiated her arc. And of course the scene at the shed was a big fat failure. And watching Emi's face after that whole scene was hilarious

My first VN was Edelweiss. It was hilarious and the art was more interesting too

Reading this "I may never finished Tales of Graces F, which DESERVES IT!" made me think that it's somehow not satisfying for you? I thought you loved the series, or its maybe my misinterpretation. Also, I'm gonna hold on buying the Vita until an JRPG is released or maybe a limited edition vita

Oh, I absolutely love Tales. Is just that they go on for so long, that I end up putting them down a days/weeks to take a break. I'm at the future arc, and I'm already at 100+ hours. The game is SERIOUSLY long. Playing some eroge or something else keeps me from getting burned out by Tales 24-7.

I'll probably be playing Tales all day tomorrow after work.

As for Misha, I love her without drills. Its like a different character... I need two Mishas one with and one without DEM DRILLS. XD

May 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #141 of 1,041
xD nice, I loved doing stuff like that in SD3 diff classes, in addition I fooled around with different build in ToS [1] that was fun too ^^ 

Also MS can suck it xD, I'm about to drop $950 bucks so I can run something a little pretty'r at 60 fps :3 

May 19, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #142 of 1,041
So I finally beat Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and I need a new portable game to play on the Vita. Was considering getting Corpse Party off PSN... anyone play it?

May 19, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #143 of 1,041
Quote:
So I finally beat Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and I need a new portable game to play on the Vita. Was considering getting Corpse Party off PSN... anyone play it?

Why don't you take the first jump? Looks interesting, especially the VN look-a-like interface (MISHA!). Currently playing P3P on my PSP and thought that was like the last game on my PSP, but this game may be the real last breath

May 19, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #144 of 1,041
I dunno... it's not a simple VN, and those sprites look like early gen SNES... but we'll see. I'm also trying out Phoenix Wright on the DS...

I couldn't get into any of the Personas. Shin Megami tensei: Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga are the main ones I was alright about, but they're too complex and status effect oriented.

May 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #145 of 1,041
Well it does have that VN style gameplay, but MYSTERY! I'll give this a try

HOW CAN YOU NOT GET INTO PERSONA?!?!
I'll admit anything before Persona 3 was unplayable by me since it was so much difference. Thankfully each series is not a prequel/sequel so there is no need to play the games before
Quote:
I dunno... it's not a simple VN, and those sprites look like early gen SNES... but we'll see. I'm also trying out Phoenix Wright on the DS...
I couldn't get into any of the Personas. Shin Megami tensei: Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga are the main ones I was alright about, but they're too complex and status effect oriented.

Magic name : 

Garu/Garula/Garudyne->Aero/Aerora/Aeroga
Agi/Agilao/Agidyne->Fire/Fira/Firaga
Bufu/Bufula/Bufudyne->Blizzard/Blizzara/Blizzaga
Zio/Zionga/Ziodyne->Thunder/Thundara/Thundaga

These skills are for 1 opponent. Add prefix 'Ma' in front of each magic and that means all opponents.

And don't get me started of buffs and debuffs. Buffs and debuffs still confuse me until today. Good thing is I rarely use them

Yep, confused me at first, but I got over it

May 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #146 of 1,041
Quote:
Well it does have that VN style gameplay, but MYSTERY! I'll give this a try

HOW CAN YOU NOT GET INTO PERSONA?!?!
I'll admit anything before Persona 3 was unplayable by me since it was so much difference. Thankfully each series is not a prequel/sequel so there is no need to play the games before

Magic name : 

Garu/Garula/Garudyne->Aero/Aerora/Aeroga
Agi/Agilao/Agidyne->Fire/Fira/Firaga
Bufu/Bufula/Bufudyne->Blizzard/Blizzara/Blizzaga
Zio/Zionga/Ziodyne->Thunder/Thundara/Thundaga

These skills are for 1 opponent. Add prefix 'Ma' in front of each magic and that means all opponents.

And don't get me started of buffs and debuffs. Buffs and debuffs still confuse me until today. Good thing is I rarely use them

Yep, confused me at first, but I got over it

What's confusing about it? Just reading how you got confused, confused me xD

Uhh, I've yet to play XenoBalde again <.<. I really hate that Auto Attack -.- turn based would be more enjoyable imo! I'm sure it'sa great game but I'm not hooked after my first 20mins. The GFX and Story seem great but then I think about the battles and "meh anime sounds like more fun" one way or the other when I start playing my Wii again I'm sure I'll like it. 

May 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #147 of 1,041
That's the same reason I couldn't get into Xenoblade. The battle system and wild swinging looks so... meh.

May 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #148 of 1,041
Quote:
That's the same reason I couldn't get into Xenoblade. The battle system and wild swinging looks so... meh.

*face plant* ugh it better be FREAKING GOOD, I can deal with the wild swining. Battle system seems nice

on the other side my Rig is getting more and more epic, just found a insane 2gb GPU for $10 more than my orignal one, it doesn't have a $30 mail in rebate so it's still $40 more but it's on sale for only -$50... that being said I figured might as well go head and JUMP and get it !

May 19, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #149 of 1,041
Xenoblade combat system >>>>>>>>>>>>> traditional Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest "DVD menu" combat system with all its random encounters and lack of strategy, but that's just my opinion. The auto-attack doesn't bug me because to me, it's just saving me the hassle of having to hit "Attack" in the "DVD menu" all the time while leaving the important moves (Arts) to be used at my discretion.

However, there's still the chance that I'd prefer Tales or Star Ocean combat systems even more, because I generally prefer more action-RPG-style combat. At least there, manual attacks feel more involved than just picking an "Attack" option off of a menu. Constantly rushing in to attack, then backing off before the retaliatory strikes hit, sort of like playing a beat-em-up with RPG stats...

Speaking of which, I want to do a co-op run of either Secret of Mana or Seiken Densetsu 3 with someone at some point, but it's not practical to do right now.

May 19, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #150 of 1,041
I like "DVD menu" games.

What else are you going to play when you're so tired that you have no reflexes left, but can't sleep, and are bored as hell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back