The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games)
Mar 22, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #766 of 1,043
I regret spending $60 for Final fantasy Type 0 HD.

Not only does it look like hot garbage visually, but it's gameplay is so archaic, and made for the PSP. Just...ugh. Don't get me started on the horrible camera and motion blur. Would it have killed to make a PSP game run at 60fps? Christ.

Then there's the FFXV demo. I'm sorry but those who say it plays like Kingdom hearts clearly have no idea What they're talking about. This plays a LOT more like a western RPG (i.e. Dragon Age). it's sluggish, stiff, and slow. Then there's the whole open world exploration. Yeah, way to pad playtime by making going from point A to point B take a long ass time. I'm sorry, but giving you a large area to run trough doesn't make for an amazing game to me. It's filler.

The graphics (while a demo) look waaaaaay less impressive then they lead people to believe. It crawls to like 15fps, there is pixel crawl/aliasing issues everywhere, and I'm almost convinced the game runs at like 720p upscaled.

Just two disappinting games that I thought would actually be fun to play.

Never again will I trust Square Enix with a new Final Fantasy.

i feel you man :<  ouch , the last good final fantasy were FFX 

still how was the Demo?  do you feel like the new Final Fantay XV is going to be a good new FF game? and will make it up to all the failure from PS2 (FFIX and up) till the PS3 fails or?

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #768 of 1,043
My all time favourite will be FF8 i guess.​
 ​
I don't know if somebody mentioned The Last Remnant yet, it has an enormous amount of characters you can recruit, enormous amount of classes, enormous amount of weapon arts, combat arts, mystic arts, item arts, special arts, and what not. Great OST aswell. Not a very deep story tho. Also not a lot of different monsters ( enormous amount of items tho.), theyre kinda just getting recolored when leveled up, a lot of bosses and unique ones too. Worth playing, hope there will be a 2nd Part in the future.​
 ​

​
also i think the FF14 Trailer is the most stunning ive ever seen, always getting goosebumps,​
everyone should taste it (watch it in hd!):​
 ​

​

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #770 of 1,043
Jun 18, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #771 of 1,043
That game is awesome; I, too, picked it up some time back during a Steam sale and was playing for a time.
I'm not gaming right now, though, and I'd like to continue that sweet RPG.

Jun 20, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #772 of 1,043
Right now i am playing SMT III on Hard Mode :p as my 1st try for the game ofc XD

ofc this is an old school, and i love Persona 3 FES as well,  but strangly enough 80% if now 90% of Persona fans love P4 more than P3, for me i find P4 so bad that coming from P3 i stopped P4 in no time..... i hope P5 won't be as bad

what i hated about P4 was the fact that maximizing social stats is pointless, no best persona till you play new game + , and the worst of all were the story and characters, made me feel like a watching Digimon World II  but even way worse (worse  anime wise!!, i love the games, Digimon cards, digimon 1-3, DS 1st two games specially dusk)

i am sure the 90% of the fans are ok with the super shonen elements now that kids these days love Naruto (2nd half of shippuden..) and Kuroko no basket.... so ofc P4 for them would be more appealing

again this is my opinion, not trying to bash any P4 or shonen fans, i am just stating my point of view.

and oh SMT x FE was too different, don't blame the company they want to sell, and tbh they made the best formula for selling, and no don't think of it as SMT x FE crossover though the other would been nice yet i am sure it wont sell as much the crossover we wanted.

Jul 2, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #773 of 1,043
So I'm just looking through Steam again and-

TALES OF ZESTIRIA, OF ALL THE THINGS!? With a free copy of Symphonia if enough people pre-order?

I gotta say, I'm not used to seeing major JRPG releases make their way to PC like this. It's a first for the Tales franchise, at any rate.

Let's just hope it's not an awful port now. Makes me wonder which version MLE's gonna pick up.

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #774 of 1,043
Jul 26, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #775 of 1,043
So I'm just looking through Steam again and-

TALES OF ZESTIRIA, OF ALL THE THINGS!? With a free copy of Symphonia if enough people pre-order?

I gotta say, I'm not used to seeing major JRPG releases make their way to PC like this. It's a first for the Tales franchise, at any rate.

Let's just hope it's not an awful port now. Makes me wonder which version MLE's gonna pick up.

I have zero desire to play Symphonia after I was absolutely turned off by the PS3 version which the PC version is based off, which are both based off the PS2 version, not the superior GC one. Either way, I'm one of the few that didn't care for Symphonia's setting or characters. Symphonia and Xillia are my least fave flagship Tales games. Vesperia, Eternia, Destinyt ftw. Though Graces F has the best battle system ever. I do wish they'd remake Phantasia though. I liked it (PSP version very much the same as Destiny in battle system), but I feel it could make for a solid remake. It had a strong story and cast, which isn't exactly a Tales forte.

I do want Zestiria though. Not sure I wanna pre-order because I wanna make sure the game runs at 60fps on PS4. If it does, I'll get it on PS4, if not, I'll chance it with the Steam version. I dunno, I prefer my JRPGs on my consoles, even when my PC is better.

So I've been on a Ys binge. Recently beat Ys Chronicles (part II, since I beat I like a year ago). Never got around to it, and didn't feel like going through the bump system twice in a row. As soon as I finished II, I played and beat Oath of Felghana, and now Im playing Ys Origin. Was thinking of Ark of Napishtim before Origins, but as the first 3d Ys game, I felt it'd be too archaic for me. Origins is solid so far.

I did play Ys Seven on PSP but couldn't appreciate it. Also bought Ys Memories of Celceta on Vita long ago, but lost interest.

I'm hoping they re-release both on Steam so I give them another chance. I don't have a Vita anymore, and much prefer a solid 60fps version.

Jul 26, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #776 of 1,043
So I started playing Tales of Vesperia PS3, and boy, it's been a long time since I've been so invested in an RPG like this, 15 hours has flown by when I notice it. Clearly superior to Xillia (except the battle system imo), and even though I haven't beaten it yet, it's probably the best Tales games I've played, and with one of the best JRPG protagonist, if not is, I've seen. Man, I wonder what happen to Tales, where did they go wrong after this gem? (although the fact that they didn't localize the PS3 version is clearly one of those).

Quote:

It's a brave new world now huh?

At this rate who needs consoles anymore.

I'll still need them as long as there are (good) exclusives JRPG there. If not then yeah. I don't have any attachments to a piece of plastic, so for me, console preference always comes down to the games it has.

Jul 26, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #777 of 1,043
I need that version in my life, and I 100% agree. Yuri is THE best JRPG protagonist. There should've been a Vesperia 2. :'(

I'm undecided on if Yuri is as cool as Jade though. Lol. Jade is too awesome for words as well.

Jul 26, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #778 of 1,043
There's a complete fan translation for the PS3 version, but you'll have to go through quite a bit of hops if you want to do it legally, unfortunately.

I should still have a lot of hours left for the main story, but I know that I'll miss this when it's over. :frowning2:

Jul 26, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #779 of 1,043
You mesan one that runs 100% on the PS3? I'm not trying to read along.

Though it's a bit too late for me to get into modded PS3 gaming.

Jul 26, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #780 of 1,043
Yes. Vesperia got enhanced release for PS3 with various updates like Flynn and Patty becoming permanent party members. It never sees release outside Japan, but just this year, fans have released the complete English patch for the game http://www.talesofvesperia.net/ (should be okay to post the url, they don't have anything illegal).

Don't have much hope with Zestiria, not due to Alisha debacle, but because I hear it has flawed level/power-up system. As for Berseria... I have never been able to connect with female RPG protagonist, so I'm not looking forward to that one too. Guess it'll be another half a decade or so before the series get another chance for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back