The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games)
Nov 26, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #752 of 1,043
Ah MonHun, such a good game. And the 3DS... A ton of good JRPGs on that too! Bravely Default and Fire Emblem, and Bravely Second in the future! Not to mention the non-traditional RPGs like Zelda! So many gems...
smily_headphones1.gif

... Go on.  What RPGs do you recommend on 3DS?  Bravely Default is on my more-slowly-fulfilled-than-an-old-two-legged-tutle-can-walk shopping list.  There was two others I saw in the eShop that I added to my list, I think.

Dec 7, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #753 of 1,043
OMG SUIKODEN II IS OUT ON PSN THIS TUESDAY!

The best RPG ever made, IMHO. Do yourselves a favor and get it ASAP.

Dec 22, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #754 of 1,043
OMG SUIKODEN II IS OUT ON PSN THIS TUESDAY!

The best RPG ever made, IMHO. Do yourselves a favor and get it ASAP.

I sold my original mint Suikoden II on PS1 for $215 on ebay about 4 years ago. $10 bucks to play it again ain't bad.

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #755 of 1,043
$10 for arguably one of the greatest RPGs people missed out on is an opportunity that shouldn't be passed on.

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #758 of 1,043

... Go on.  What RPGs do you recommend on 3DS?  Bravely Default is on my more-slowly-fulfilled-than-an-old-two-legged-tutle-can-walk shopping list.  There was two others I saw in the eShop that I added to my list, I think.

Fire Emblem is probably my favorite. Some other good ones are the SMT series, I personally have SMT4 and Devil Survivor. I heard good things about the Etrian Odyssey series, but I haven't played any yet.

Feb 23, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #759 of 1,043
I've been replaying FFXIII but this time on Steam. Couldn't pass up an RPG at 1080p/60fps.

It's still an okay game, not worthy of the FF name, but playable. I actually don't mind how linear it is, though RPGs shouldn't ever be so confined in general.

After that, I'll probably get XIII-2 again, and just wait for Type 0 to come out.

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #760 of 1,043
Only the sons of Nippon can get the regular-sized newer 3DS while Americans get the XL size only?  Gosh dammit, I don't want that clunkier version.

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #761 of 1,043
I regret spending $60 for Final fantasy Type 0 HD.

Not only does it look like hot garbage visually, but it's gameplay is so archaic, and made for the PSP. Just...ugh. Don't get me started on the horrible camera and motion blur. Would it have killed to make a PSP game run at 60fps? Christ.

Then there's the FFXV demo. I'm sorry but those who say it plays like Kingdom hearts clearly have no idea What they're talking about. This plays a LOT more like a western RPG (i.e. Dragon Age). it's sluggish, stiff, and slow. Then there's the whole open world exploration. Yeah, way to pad playtime by making going from point A to point B take a long ass time. I'm sorry, but giving you a large area to run trough doesn't make for an amazing game to me. It's filler.

The graphics (while a demo) look waaaaaay less impressive then they lead people to believe. It crawls to like 15fps, there is pixel crawl/aliasing issues everywhere, and I'm almost convinced the game runs at like 720p upscaled.

Just two disappinting games that I thought would actually be fun to play.

Never again will I trust Square Enix with a new Final Fantasy.

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #762 of 1,043
Can you guys recommend some good jrpg-s that run on PC? I don't have any console or handheld.

My all time fav is FF III (or VI in Japan), finished it like three times. Also liked FF VIII but kinda terrible to play on a computer.

Loved Chrono Trigger as well.

Don't know if it qualifies as jrpg, but had a great time with some Ys games. I think I finished two, Origin and some other (playing through an episode once is enough, though).

Mar 20, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #763 of 1,043
Can you guys recommend some good jrpg-s that run on PC? I don't have any console or handheld.

My all time fav is FF III (or VI in Japan), finished it like three times. Also liked FF VIII but kinda terrible to play on a computer.

Loved Chrono Trigger as well.

Don't know if it qualifies as jrpg, but had a great time with some Ys games. I think I finished two, Origin and some other (playing through an episode once is enough, though).

You know you have a best friend Gloogle srh: best jrpg pc

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #764 of 1,043
I regret spending $60 for Final fantasy Type 0 HD.

Ya, Type 0 looked pretty s**ty to me when I watched gameplay video. I can't believe people are paying 30-40 bucks on eBay JUST for the FFXV demo. I haven't been exited for a FF game since X. Honestly, I don't even care about that series at this point. Much more looking forward to Bravely Default Second, which to me feels more Final Fantasy than any other trash Square has slapped the Final Fantasy name on the last 10 years.

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #765 of 1,043
Also, if anyone with a PS3/PSP/Vita is looking for some decent old school JRPG's, Sony is having a flash sale and you can get Wild Arms, Wild Arms 2 and Breath of Fire IV for under a dollar each until March 23.

https://store.playstation.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back