The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Jun 20, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #2,911 of 3,640
Well when you hear person after person that seems to know or should know, what they are talking about, tell you that what you have is inferior to what they have, you almost start to believe it. Someone once said, on these forums," Don't believe what people tell you, believe what your ears tell you." I guess it just took an event like this to convince me of the truth to that.

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #2,912 of 3,640
The sound of music ,is, has been and always will be....different to each individual, for a lot of different reasons...the persons hearing, equipment, source....ect....ect.

What may be bright for one, may not be bright at all for someone else. What may be thumping bass to someone, may not sound that way to someone else....there are just way to many variables to even think it should sound the same to most people....all people are different.

You can technically have the best set-up that money can buy.....but it may not sound as good to you as something else, that cost way less.

I found out early on, that some people just want to have what technically is the best, what the specs say is best is....well not always best to everybody's ears.

I just like what brings a smile to my face and lets me forget about all the technical BS.

I just want to enjoy my music and not sit there and dissect the sound to try to determine if I like it or not......I pretty much know if I like something or not really fast , now.

If it brings a smile to my face and makes my feet tap....then I am all in.......if not....then I really don't want it......regardless of the cost or the technical specs of the phones

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #2,913 of 3,640
My thoughts exactly ^^

Jun 21, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #2,916 of 3,640
+1

If I forget the time and am late for meetings cause I am listening to music, that is the true indication that the headphones and system are doing their part to distract and entertain me.

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #2,919 of 3,640
Grado SR325is #13100 checking in.

Bought them a couple of months ago, but I've had a hard time getting used to the sound of them. They're still burning in and I'm detecting changes for the better every time I listen to them. And I've got a Little Dot I+ on the way from China - can't wait! 

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #2,920 of 3,640
I love my 325is, but who knows, they probably are inferior to many other phones. That's ok, I'm very happy with what I have. For me, once you get to a certain level with headphones, its hard to call some inferior or superior to others. They just each have their differences. A lot of people's judgments are based on what they are used to.

Jun 29, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #2,921 of 3,640
Quote:
I love my 325is, but who knows, they probably are inferior to many other phones. That's ok, I'm very happy with what I have. For me, once you get to a certain level with headphones, its hard to call some inferior or superior to others. They just each have their differences. A lot of people's judgments are based on what they are used to.

Also a lot of people believe because they paid more money for something that it is better, by far this is not always the case!!!
I feel my 80's are equal to my 325's, just different, for 200$ less. I do love them both for what they are, and although I never heard any other Grado models, I'm not so sure I would spend more than 300$ after purchasing the 325's. To be quite honest, I could just live with the 80's if I hadn't destroyed my first pair by accident, but I figured I would step up to the 325's and their sound signature just wasn't the same as the 80's to me, so I purchased another pair of 80's because there was something about them that captures my attention totally. I am glad that I own them both because of their differences. 
Also I don't believe they are inferior to any headphones, they are amazing!

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #2,923 of 3,640
Greetings Head-Fi'ers,

Just stumbled upon this forum and thought I would join in, had my Grado 325is....#0918 for about a year now and I am loving the Grado experience. I listen to mostly rock and metal and these cans satisfy my needs greatly. I run them everyday off a simple cmoy amp which sports an AD8066 op amp. I think this works well as the AD8066 has some nice solid bass tendencies and balances the highs a bit, although I have never experienced the "shrillness" some people complain about, I like the detail of the 325is it really brings aspects of music out, such as capturing the highs of drumkit overheads. The Grados just seem very natural compared to other cans I have listened to, every other can just seems bass heavy in my humble opinion, unless I am too used to the 325is :wink:. As with anything I am curious about how the ps500 and HF2's sound in comparison though!

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #2,924 of 3,640
Greetings Head-Fi'ers,

Just stumbled upon this forum and thought I would join in, had my Grado 325is....#0918 for about a year now and I am loving the Grado experience. I listen to mostly rock and metal and these cans satisfy my needs greatly. I run them everyday off a simple cmoy amp which sports an AD8066 op amp. I think this works well as the AD8066 has some nice solid bass tendencies and balances the highs a bit, although I have never experienced the "shrillness" some people complain about, I like the detail of the 325is it really brings aspects of music out, such as capturing the highs of drumkit overheads. The Grados just seem very natural compared to other cans I have listened to, every other can just seems bass heavy in my humble opinion, unless I am too used to the 325is :wink:. As with anything I am curious about how the ps500 and HF2's sound in comparison though!

I've had the PS500 for a few days now. It's a bit deeper and warmer than the 325 but not by as much as i thought they would be. I do find the PS500 has better presentation and less grainy in the mids.

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #2,925 of 3,640
Quote:
Greetings Head-Fi'ers,

Just stumbled upon this forum and thought I would join in, had my Grado 325is....#0918 for about a year now and I am loving the Grado experience. I listen to mostly rock and metal and these cans satisfy my needs greatly. I run them everyday off a simple cmoy amp which sports an AD8066 op amp. I think this works well as the AD8066 has some nice solid bass tendencies and balances the highs a bit, although I have never experienced the "shrillness" some people complain about, I like the detail of the 325is it really brings aspects of music out, such as capturing the highs of drumkit overheads. The Grados just seem very natural compared to other cans I have listened to, every other can just seems bass heavy in my humble opinion, unless I am too used to the 325is
wink.gif
. As with anything I am curious about how the ps500 and HF2's sound in comparison though!

For myself, I found the 500 to be less bright in the upper mid range and have a little too much mid bass.  Kept the 325is and sold the 500.  BTW, I used G-Cushions on both for the comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back