The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Jul 10, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #2,357 of 3,640
I've had the 325is for about 6 weeks now.  I've been very pleased with the detail and the sound signature.  They are not at all too bright for me.  Comfort is fine.  I felt they were lacking bass but there was more than enough good about the 325is, that I was willing to deal with it.  I'm approaching 30 hours of listening.  (I chose to burn them in naturally)  In the last couple hours, out of nowhere, has come some fairly significant bass.  Is this normal?   I couldn't be happier with these things now.

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #2,358 of 3,640

Quote:
I've had the 325is for about 6 weeks now.  I've been very pleased with the detail and the sound signature.  They are not at all too bright for me.  Comfort is fine.  I felt they were lacking bass but there was more than enough good about the 325is, that I was willing to deal with it.  I'm approaching 30 hours of listening.  (I chose to burn them in naturally)  In the last couple hours, out of nowhere, has come some fairly significant bass.  Is this normal?   I couldn't be happier with these things now.

That is perfectly normal. Just wait till they pass the 100- and 200-hour marks 
normal_smile .gif

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #2,360 of 3,640

Quote:
I have a silver recabled SR325is. Too bright at first but it seems my ears have adapted to its sig.
I'm thinking getting a Fiio E11 for it, is that a good idea?

The FiiO E11 amplifier is a great amp with the Grado headphones.  However, I do wish you the best of luck finding one that's in stock with a U.S. supplier at the current moment.  I'm not sure when the 2nd delivery will be made.  I just barely made it in on the first shipment and am elated at what this little amp can do.

Jul 11, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #2,361 of 3,640

Quote:

The FiiO E11 amplifier is a great amp with the Grado headphones.  However, I do wish you the best of luck finding one that's in stock with a U.S. supplier at the current moment.  I'm not sure when the 2nd delivery will be made.  I just barely made it in on the first shipment and am elated at what this little amp can do.

Thanks, It's a good thing that I'm not in the U.S. then :)

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #2,364 of 3,640
Jul 14, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #2,365 of 3,640
Hey guys, I need some advice. (i'll be getting the 325is within the next few weeks)

I'm trying to figure out (from what i read on the forum ) which portable amp will be the best match for the 325is'?  P-51 Mustang / Pico or Pico Slim/ Ibasso D6/ SR-71A/ Headstage Arrow/ or TTVJ Slim.

I saw people saying that TTVJ Slim has a "tube like" sound signature, so shouldn't it be a good match?? (i couldn't find people's experiences of this amp with grados in this forum). So, id be very thankful if anyone who have listened to their grados with the units above would give me some advice.

(having a desktop amp is very inconvenient for me right now. )

Thanks.

Jul 15, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #2,368 of 3,640

Quote:
Hey guys, I need some advice. (i'll be getting the 325is within the next few weeks)

I'm trying to figure out (from what i read on the forum ) which portable amp will be the best match for the 325is'?  P-51 Mustang / Pico or Pico Slim/ Ibasso D6/ SR-71A/ Headstage Arrow/ or TTVJ Slim.

I saw people saying that TTVJ Slim has a "tube like" sound signature, so shouldn't it be a good match?? (i couldn't find people's experiences of this amp with grados in this forum). So, id be very thankful if anyone who have listened to their grados with the units above would give me some advice.

(having a desktop amp is very inconvenient for me right now. )

Thanks.

It depends on whether you like the edgy, punchy sound with forward mids. I have only heard the Mustang and my iQube. I prefer the iQube because it makes the SR325's sound more like SR325. If you are interrested in a warmer sound the TTVJ slim migt be an option. 

Jul 18, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #2,369 of 3,640
This is how I like to use my SR325i - with my iQube. Such a great amp for these headphones IMHO:

Jul 19, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #2,370 of 3,640

Quote:
Former 325is owner now current 325is owner, #7959. 

Do you know when Grado started painting the 325is?  My last two pairs of silver 325is were naked, machined aluminum.  The s/n I have now has a painted finish.  It doesn't look bad and it doesn't bother me, I just didn't know when they switched. 

I second to this question, recently purchased new 325is (#7975) have a painted finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back